Author Topic: Death Penalty debate  (Read 976 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Death Penalty debate
« on: June 21, 2004, 11:21:18 AM »
Overseer asked me to take this over here. I am for the death penalty in the cases of murderers, rapists and those at the top of organized crime.

Let the discussion begin.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Death Penalty debate
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 11:27:30 AM »
I'd rather make them vegetables.

What Tray Deee did is nowhere near Death Penalty, I dont get how you can have such a opinion.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 11:32:53 AM »
I'd rather make them vegetables.

What Tray Deee did is nowhere near Death Penalty, I dont get how you can have such a opinion.

Ok I'm a little unclear on the whole Tray Dee issue. Now did he actually kill someone or was it attempted murder? If he didn't actually kill someone I think 20 years is a good sentence.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 11:34:17 AM »
^ don't even mentioned Tray Deee. -no one- here knows what tray deee did. lincoln should never have brought this up in that thread.

Killing someone is NEVER EVER right no matter what they've done.

Outside america which countries classed as civilised still carry the death sentence? in many it was abolished a long time ago, around the time of slavery.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 11:52:57 AM »
I don't know about where you live but here in Canada prisoners get a place to sleep at night, 3 meals a day, a workout room and free High School/College/University equivelant education....all FREE. That's more than I have, I only eat 2 meals a day. I have to pay to go to College. And my Dad payed $17,000 in taxes this year. I wonder how much went to the bullshit prison system? We pay for these murderers, pedophiles and rapists to get a free ride. That is bullshit. Kill them and be rid of them.

Worst case I ever heard of. I was reading the paper the other day and they had a story of a repeat rapist. They're letting him out of jail, upon which he swears he'll rape again. His Mother begged the courts to keep him in jail. The doctors at the prison (we pay for them too!) said not to let him out. Why is this man even allowed to live? He raped 3 women, destroying them mentally for the rest of their lives and he swears he'll do it again. That's the kind of thing that pisses me off.

Paris

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 11:53:34 AM »
ONLY AND ONLY IF there is without a shadow of a doubt, proof that the suspect committed the heinous crime. There should be no question at all when your thinking about ending someones life.

This goes for people who have been on death row for 20-30 years as well. Their cases should be re-evaluated and if there is more than enough evidence that they committed the crime then fine, kill them.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 11:54:31 AM »
As far as Im concerned the USA is the only country of the so-called civilized ones where killing ppl is legal. (hint: death penalty)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 11:57:18 AM »
^ exactly what i said.

when is killing someone, no matter under what circumstances civilised?

lock em, throw away the key, and make em repent + suffer.

dont give them a quick death and no more.. its done "humanely" right? so they don't suffer.. whats the point? apart from saving money.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 12:00:38 PM »
^ exactly what i said.

when is killing someone, no matter under what circumstances civilised?

lock em, throw away the key, and make em repent + suffer.

dont give them a quick death and no more.. its done "humanely" right? so they don't suffer.. whats the point? apart from saving money.

It's not just the money, it's the principle behind it. Why should a good law-abiding person pay for a criminal?

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 12:04:30 PM »
^ isn't that selfish on your part?

killing someone takes you to their level.

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2004, 12:15:51 PM »
I'm for the death penalty. You can come up with the reasons why. Nobody is gonna change my opinion and I can't change the opinion of anyone else. Discussion closed.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2004, 12:28:23 PM »
I wouldn't go as far as to say you're stooping to the murderer/rapists level if you put them to death. If you do something as evil and cold hearted as murder someone, what is just punishment for that person? Sitting in a cell for the rest of your life with a TV to watch and three square meals?

The victim can never get their life back and IMO I don't think the sick bastard that took it deserves to keep theirs, even if they are locked away from society for good.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Montana00

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2004, 12:48:02 PM »
i dont think a rapist should get the death penalty.

Im kind of mixed on this issue. You could say an eye for an eye, but then arent you just as bad as them if you take their life?

But i do not think that we americans are uncivilized because we have the death penalty.

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2004, 12:58:09 PM »
^ most sensible post you've ever made :)

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2004, 01:00:07 PM »
You have to think about it with a clear mind.  

If somebody kills someone, what can you do? You only have a limited number of choices.

1. You could just let them walk away free.  I think we all agree that's not a reasonable option.

2. You could sentence them to a set period of time, i.e. 20 years or so in prison.  This is paid for by taxpayers, so basically if he kills somebody the taxpayers get punished.  

3. You could sentence him to life.  Same deal with the taxpayers, and if we're basically permanently taking his freedom away, isn't he already dead anyways?

4. You can kill him.  There's always going to be opposition to that, and we dont' know enough about the world beyond this one factually to make any kind of justice or punishment determinations that result in life and death decisions.  

What I would ACTUALLY like to see happen is, I think when people are in jail, we should work their asses off.  Make them fucking slaves to the system, and use their blood and sweat to build America up into a great country.  Have them make all our clothing, for instance.  Or have them do tedious jobs with little or no pay that nobody else wants to do.  It's not a perfect answer, but if we're going to lock somebody up, they should suffer, and I mean suffer HARD.  Fuck being humane to them.  We don't have to torture them, but they oughta be sweating their asses off.  

Since that will never happen, I'm gonna revert back to my standard answer: I don't really give a fuck.  The government takes care of that for me, I don't HAVE to decide which is better, because I don't have a vote in it.  I'll let them decide, and then just continue on with the decision not affecting my life at all, with the exception of the taxes I pay.