Author Topic: Death Penalty debate  (Read 978 times)

Sikotic™

Re:Death Penalty debate
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2004, 01:05:41 PM »
i dont think a rapist should get the death penalty.

Im kind of mixed on this issue. You could say an eye for an eye, but then arent you just as bad as them if you take their life?

That's a valid point. Rapists are so sick though I could care less what happens to them, personally. They could be put to death or be locked up for life with a bunch of butt pirates and have the same thing he did to some victim happen to him for the rest of his life.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DAYUM

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2004, 01:09:02 PM »
rapeist, molesters, and serial killers should be put to death

Montana00

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2004, 01:11:48 PM »
for everyone using the taxes reason behind their arguement.

i think i read somewhere that the government pays on average around  $25,000 a year on each prisoner. That varies depending on state, and what kind of luxuries the prisoner gets.

Heck, there are some prisons where each prisoner gets his own cell, and his own tv. Might i add with cable tv. They get to go outside, complete with a very nice gym. Basketball courts. But you still are confined to prison so thats the downside.

But states do pay alot of money to have people executed, alot of money is spent on convicts using the appealing process. Dont they get like 7 years to appeal if their on death row?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 01:18:49 PM by rampant »

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2004, 01:13:41 PM »
i dont think a rapist should get the death penalty.

Im kind of mixed on this issue. You could say an eye for an eye, but then arent you just as bad as them if you take their life?

That's a valid point. Rapists are so sick though I could care less what happens to them, personally. They could be put to death or be locked up for life with a bunch of butt pirates and have the same thing he did to some victim happen to him for the rest of his life.

See, you bring up a valid point, I don't know if you meant it that way, but we'll do it like this... I'll ask YOU this, and Overseer too.  I'm being respectful here, so please just answer it honestly.

If a man, RAPED say... Queen Elizabeth, and then killed her.  And then desecrated her body, and burned down Parliament, then urinated on Princess Diana's grave.  (I'm saying this because O's british).... wouldn't you want him to die?  Wouldn't the death penalty be appropriate then? Or say somebody RAPED Ghandi or someone similarly beloved.  Wouldn't he deserve the death penalty?

If you say YES, then we've stopped arguing about the moral issue, now we're just coming to terms with where we draw the line.

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 01:35:40 PM »

put him/her in jail. over here and in mainland europe some high profile politicians and celebs have been murdered and when not shot on the spot, they end up in jail.

to be honest, someone (inside) would probably get at him anyways.
and often in these high profile cases they commit suicide.

legally things may be different for royalty as its an act of treason, it may still carry the death sentence, and i'm sure there'd be a campaign to bring it back, just once..

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 01:58:55 PM »
What I would ACTUALLY like to see happen is, I think when people are in jail, we should work their asses off.  Make them fucking slaves to the system, and use their blood and sweat to build America up into a great country.  Have them make all our clothing, for instance.  Or have them do tedious jobs with little or no pay that nobody else wants to do.  It's not a perfect answer, but if we're going to lock somebody up, they should suffer, and I mean suffer HARD.  Fuck being humane to them.  We don't have to torture them, but they oughta be sweating their asses off.  

Since that will never happen, I'm gonna revert back to my standard answer: I don't really give a fuck.  The government takes care of that for me, I don't HAVE to decide which is better, because I don't have a vote in it.  I'll let them decide, and then just continue on with the decision not affecting my life at all, with the exception of the taxes I pay.  

i agree 100% with that.

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 03:40:45 PM »

put him/her in jail. over here and in mainland europe some high profile politicians and celebs have been murdered and when not shot on the spot, they end up in jail.

to be honest, someone (inside) would probably get at him anyways.
and often in these high profile cases they commit suicide.

legally things may be different for royalty as its an act of treason, it may still carry the death sentence, and i'm sure there'd be a campaign to bring it back, just once..

Well... I hope if something like that does happen to them yall get medevial on their ass for just once...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2004, 04:27:48 PM »
^ more pulp fiction..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2004, 04:31:09 PM »
I have to proclaim Im suprised that 2 of our most religious members want them criminals punished so severe.
Dont you think it's best if you leave their destinies in gods hands? Only god can judge us, and shit, you know?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

JTSimon

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2004, 04:33:48 PM »
I'm one for the death penalty if the evidence is overwhelming.

American prisons are too fucking easy. I would cut 65% of prison funds.

Fuck this shit about murderers getting organ transplants. I would do away with death row if you killed someone and the evidence is overwhelming you die a month after your trail...fucka last meal if you want to eat some good food tell your family to bring you some shit.

No easy way out by gas or lethal injection.

Just put the person in a cage and dunk the person into a body of water.
Cost = $.50 gas for the crane.

btw I just felt the earth move while writing this post  ;D

« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 04:41:01 PM by Necromonger »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2004, 04:45:31 PM »
^ exactly what i said.

when is killing someone, no matter under what circumstances civilised?

lock em, throw away the key, and make em repent + suffer.

dont give them a quick death and no more.. its done "humanely" right? so they don't suffer.. whats the point? apart from saving money.
exactly what i was gonna say

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2004, 04:48:51 PM »
most ppl whp done real bad shit just commit suicide nowadays anyway i'd rather they do that then get death, even so that pisses me off cos they jus done takn the easy way out and had no chance to pay their debt who they inflicted shit on.

plus if u use death penaulty whose to say u were right, the last person to get death in england is now widely believed to be innocent

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

JTSimon

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2004, 04:49:43 PM »
Why do we always have to be civilized.

We're all animals  :D

Montana00

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2004, 05:04:04 PM »
well there is some good things out of life in prison.

david berkowitz(sp??) was a good example of how life in prison can really change your life. incase you dont know who he is, its the guy who was known as "son of sam" he was a serial killer, who later accepted God while serving his life sentence.

so their are some upsides to it.

smerlus

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2004, 09:53:53 PM »
the only reason i disagree with the death penalty is for the amount is costs for a prisoner on death row.... like someone else said....no one here will make you change your mind about it so there's no reason why i should say i'm for it