Author Topic: Death Penalty debate  (Read 975 times)

DAYUM

Re:Death Penalty debate
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2004, 10:22:49 PM »
i get kains joke wasent too funny tho

Don Seer

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2004, 04:36:31 AM »
this wasnt the sole reason, he was also throwing around some pretty offensive stuff about italians in another thread.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2004, 08:30:24 AM »
For everyone who is pro death penalty and uses that crappy "burden to the taxpayer" excuse as to why we should take a life away, look at this:

Financial Facts About the Death Penalty

$  Kansas Study Concludes Death Penalty is Costly Policy
In its review of death penalty expenses, the State of Kansas concluded that capital cases are 70% more expensive than comparable non-death penalty cases. The study counted death penalty case costs through to execution and found that the median death penalty case costs $1.26 million. Non-death penalty cases were counted through to the end of incarceration and were found to have a median cost of $740,000. For death penalty cases, the pre-trial and trial level expenses were the most expensive part, 49% of the total cost. The costs of appeals were 29% of the total expense, and the incarceration and execution costs accounted for the remaining 22%. In comparison to non-death penalty cases, the following findings were revealed:

The investigation costs for death-sentence cases were about 3 times greater than for non-death cases.
The trial costs for death cases were about 16 times greater than for non-death cases ($508,000 for death case; $32,000 for non-death case).
The appeal costs for death cases were 21 times greater.
The costs of carrying out an execution (including death row incarceration) were about half the costs of carrying out a non-death sentence in a comparable case.
Trials involving a death sentence averaged 34 days, including jury selection; non-death trials averaged about 9 days.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=108&scid=7

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2004, 08:38:42 AM »
For everyone who is pro death penalty and uses that crappy "burden to the taxpayer" excuse as to why we should take a life away, look at this:

In its review of death penalty expenses, the State of Kansas concluded that capital cases are 70% more expensive than comparable non-death penalty cases. The study counted death penalty case costs through to execution and found that the median death penalty case costs $1.26 million. Non-death penalty cases were counted through to the end of incarceration and were found to have a median cost of $740,000. For death penalty cases, the pre-trial and trial level expenses were the most expensive part, 49% of the total cost. The costs of appeals were 29% of the total expense, and the incarceration and execution costs accounted for the remaining 22%. In comparison to non-death penalty cases, the following findings were revealed:

The investigation costs for death-sentence cases were about 3 times greater than for non-death cases.
The trial costs for death cases were about 16 times greater than for non-death cases ($508,000 for death case; $32,000 for non-death case).
The costs of carrying out an execution (including death row incarceration) were about half the costs of carrying out a non-death sentence in a comparable case.
Trials involving a death sentence averaged 34 days, including jury selection; non-death trials averaged about 9 days.

See, it's not what the bottom line $$ is to me. It's the principle. We as this time pay for prisoners to have a comfortable life, that's what bothers me.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Montana00

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2004, 09:27:34 AM »
^^^^

I mean except for getting gang raped by bubba and steve, prison isnt that bad anymore.  I mean the jails arent like jackson anymroe where your chained together and working on road construction.

Prison life really isnt that bad. Most of the time your getting your own cell. You have a gym to workout. Basketball courts to have fun. Cable tv. 3 course meals everyday.

i mean to some people this is like heaven. Prison has basically become a 2 star hotel for bad guys.

smerlus

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2004, 10:21:39 AM »

i've been saying this since the Tray Deee thread...some people don't listen though

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2004, 08:59:49 PM »
yea u get TV, Gyms, etc etc. but no inmate is there for the whole day!  its like what . one hour to two hours? then ur back in ur cell.  How can prison be comfortable...ur not free.

back in the late 90s...there was 25 cases studied from Illionois i believe...and out of those 25 cases , 13 ended up being innocent.  Left and right i see cases about people that have been in death row for more than 10 years and they end up being innocent.  Why?  Because people are in such a hurry that they wanna put the first person they think its guilty to death so they can have immediate healing.  If they only studied 25 cases at that certain time...imagine how many more innocent people are on death row right now at this very moment.  Thats just fucken wrong.

Montana00

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2004, 09:59:23 PM »
there not always innocent, sometimes they can sneak by the cracks of our judicial system.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2004, 02:12:30 AM »
and sometimes ur judicial system is fucked and frame innocent ppl

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2004, 03:23:58 AM »
there not always innocent, sometimes they can sneak by the cracks of our judicial system.

what's the deal with writing 'there' instead of 'they're'  ??? no offense, but I see it all the time and it makes me wonder..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2004, 05:46:23 AM »
i guess i just dont think about it when im typing. but they're are always going to be people who do that  :)

Hydro

• 'G'
Re: Death Penalty debate
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2004, 08:25:21 AM »
This is a very touchy subject but here is my take on the Death Penalty. Personally, a few years ago I didn't really know where I stood when it came to the Death Penalty. I used to say that it was wrong & cruel but then I started to think about a situation such as "What if someone raped or murdered a member of my family?". My response to that question was "there is no way in hell that I would want that muthafucka to continue to walk this earth!". I think that the people who say that the death penalty is cruel might change their opinions if something bad happed to someone in their family because I don't think anyone really knows how they would react if something like that happened. You might say it's wrong right now but a person's mentality would most likely change if a family member was murdered or raped. So yeah, I'm for the death penalty! That's just my opinion.

I don't think that anyone here is wrong with their opinions about the death penalty. I think that everyone has brought up some good points concerning the pros & cons but it all comes down to personal opinion.

Peace!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 08:31:29 AM by Hydro »

NOW AVAILABLE------->Click HERE To Download

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Death Penalty debate
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2004, 08:00:44 PM »
the iraqi kindappers have a death penalty mentality... whats the difference between them and usa?