Author Topic: REVIEW-Fredro Starr:Firestarr  (Read 488 times)

TheSheriff

REVIEW-Fredro Starr:Firestarr
« on: October 27, 2001, 02:46:51 PM »

1. Comin' At The Game: Intro, but dope beat. Produced by Ant Banks. Fredro talks about all the bullshit in rap right now, and talks some truth. NO RATING-Intro

2. Dyin' 4 Rap: Expanding on the theme of the intro, this is dope as fuck. It explains perfectly what's wrong with the game today, and the beat(DaVinci and Fredro himself)kills it. The lyricism here is top notch, challenging just about anyone. Perfect track, though sometimes the beat can make you ache if you have a hangover. 5/5

3. What If: An amazing song.  Fredro's thoughts on the world. It's not high on lyricism, though touches get in. This is DEEP. He even questions his own skill. The beat(Davinci/Starr)is beautiful and relaxed. 5/5

4. Thug Warz ft Outlawz: This has the hottest beat I have ever heard(Davinci/Starr). Fredro gives love to artists all over, from Nas and Biggie to P and Snoop. This blazes it. The Outlawz present(E.D.I. and Napoleon)burn too. Again...Perfect. Sticky shouts out the intro and outro, from Street Niggaz, and the hook's excellent. 5/5

5. Perfect Bitch: This is another Ant Banks produced one, and excellent. The lyrics aren't weak, though some basic pimp shit(funny though, and I agree with what he says, LoL)but they're obviously '98 era.  It's a nice track, but not stunning. 4/5

6. Electric Ice ft. X1 and Mieva: A good Davinci/Starr beat, nothing amazing, and a basic brag track. Starr's lyrics are on point, though not anything special. Mieva annoys the hell out of me. GO AWAY YOU STUPID BITCH! Now, Other People's Money I respect for non-sexism, but she sounds like SKG without the attitude, LoL. X1's dope as always, buy nothing new. Aight song, but let down. 3/5

7. Who Fuck Betta: Decent beat(Davinci/Starr), unoriginal theme and hook, but dope lyricism. I like to chill to the song, and a nice thematic(difference, LoL)tune. 3/5

8. Big Shots ft. Sincere: Dope beat(DaVinci/Starr), I like a lot. Lyrics are nuttin special, but get the point across. They edge on excellent. Sin comes tight, nice voice(a bit like BIG's), and lyrics are decent. I think the kid's got something, though I'm not sure if he could carry an album. 4/5

9. Soldierz ft. Sticky Fingaz and X1: The beat's a weak one, compared to some, though not particularly awful(DaVinci/Starr). X1 comes harsh, not amazing lyrics, though they're good...He doesn't shock me and make me a massive fan, but he comes tight in doses. His verse is a bit too long...Or is that just my perception? Dope hook though. And Sticky KILLS this...But not enough to better the rating: 3/5

10. One Night ft. Begetz, Versatile and Ice-T: Begetz kills this from the start, after a funny intro from T and Starr. Versatile's come decent. The hook's good, sung by Mieva. T performs a funny outro. One of my fave songs off this, and dope beat(Ant Banks)...But not anything classic, though Starr comes tight as fuck. 4/5

11. Dat Be Dem: A song about jacking, basically. Dope beat(DaVinci/Starr), Starr's lyrics comes hard. This is an excellent song, in short. I would give a five, but the subject matter lets it down. 4/5

12. Dyin' 4 Rap (Remix) ft. CNN, Noble and Cuban Link: A weak song, to be honest. Disappointed me after seeing the featurings, who should have been dope. Capone pisses me off here, Starr comes...well...weak...*disillusioned*. The beat's not too horrific(Ant Banks), but nothing special. Noble comes pretty tight, actually...But against all this...Cuban Link also comes pretty tight. CNN and Starr drop weak shit, and the beat either pisses me off or just doesn't do anything for me. 2/5

13. I Don't Wanna... ft Aaron Hall: Lovely song, beautiful backtune, very pretty(DaVinci/Starr). He shouts out all our dead homies, including relative unknowns like Banky and B-Wiz. Aaron Hall, for once, comes good. I like this song a LOT, though it's a bit long. When I listen to this, I try to be in a reflective mood. Perfect...Maybe not a classic like Thug Warz or What If, but damn good. 4.5/5

14. America's Most: Excellent beat(Ant Banks). Short song, but hard-hitting lyrics however...It's weird. Anyways, dope lyrics, dope beat. Nothing startstriking, but VERY good. 4/5

15. Theme from "Save The Last Dance" (Remix): A perfect ending. The original maybe had a slightly better beat(both Ant Banks), but dope as fuck. I love it. CLASSIC...Yeah, I said it. 5/5

Only one truly weak song on this, with a good third+ being excellent songs. This is an excellent album, from OPM Records, who also released Black Trash(which he shouted out prior release on Thug Warz). Just lovely.

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
Re: REVIEW-Fredro Starr:Firestarr
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2001, 01:41:21 AM »
Nice review, but too much 5/5s….. It’s like the word ‘love’ – don’t use it too often, or it’ll lose its meaning.

And fuck, how come Ant Banks is all over this? Pretty amazing, like if a MC Eiht album would be produced by Preemo……
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U

TheSheriff

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2001, 01:50:11 AM »
Hell, Ant Banks is on OPM with Starr, Sticky, and all the gang...I think the beefs, etc, got squashed.

Thanx for the advice...The two 5s before track 15 were probably too high, I'll put down to 4.5(I just hate decimals).

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2001, 01:54:20 AM »
Here, if u really think a track is a classic put it like 4.9999999999, thats what i usually do.

peace
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U