Author Topic: Clinton Panorama special  (Read 111 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Clinton Panorama special
« on: June 22, 2004, 03:37:39 PM »
just watched it it was quite interesting. in particular for me what he was saying about Iraq. he said he pursuded a policy of containment and then regime change, he went onto say he would have waited for the weapons expections to finish and he had alot of respect for hans blix who was very critcal of saddam and was confident in him to do his job and would have attacked after if saddam proved uncooporative or to have wmd, which he also said was blair's position, but the republicans just wanted to attack. he went onto say blair was stuck in the middle on the one hand where europe thaught saddam was no threat and where the american administration wanted to attack no matter what. blair was in the middle not really agreeing with either side, but chose to suppot america to keep good transatlantic relation and especially to the rest of europe and provide influence on the policy regarding Iraq. also he went onto to say he thaught afganistan was the bigger threat and didn't believe america put enough resources into going after al quaeda and dissagreed with the current unilateral approach america takes saying there needs to much more multilateral approach to foreign problems and both politically and with the use of force. personally i agree i have always had alot of respect for clinton as a president and believe him to be a much better president than bush. hopefully hillary makes in in the next ellections.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Clinton Panorama special
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 05:51:16 PM »
I agree whole heartly with what Bill Clinton said there. I have lots of respect for Blair, and listening to him speak always makes me wonder how he puts up with Bush. Blair though did what was best for Britian and overall, the United States relations with Europe.