Author Topic: Nuclear terror 'matter of time'  (Read 350 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Nuclear terror 'matter of time'
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 06:13:49 AM »
good news on north korea tho america has seemed have made a workable solution to ending their nuclear program but nothing will really happen until US elections cos north korea are likely to get a better deal under the democrats so they stall for that

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2004, 06:16:59 AM »
good news on north korea tho america has seemed have made a workable solution to ending their nuclear program but nothing will really happen until US elections cos north korea are likely to get a better deal under the democrats so they stall for that

I dont believe a country would dare bombing the US anyways. Besides they have this rocket defense stuff or something lol. The only way the US could possibly be nuked is that some terrorist get into the US and smuggle some bombs (lol) and nuke them bombs from US territory into US territory. LoL. Wont happen.
North Korea is only a threat to other eastern countries, not to the west.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 06:18:43 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2004, 06:32:57 AM »
the power of a nuclear bomb depends on how much stuff is packed in it. but it would have to be small. but basically they could make one down the road that is small but has the same power as the hiroshima bomb. which i dunno its like 1 mile? doesnt seem like alot but in a highly populated area with lots of buildings..

A nuclear attack wont be anytime soon. I think that because its gonna be awhile before they can shrink the size of a nuclear bomb into a briefcase size.

Well in my opinion the next terrorist attack will be biological. This would be the easiest way, and nobody would know that it would happen until its too late. ill give you a scenario.

The ebola virus is something that is very very easy to get ahold of. ebola spreads through direct contact. meaning you can spread it even if your close to the person. All a terrorist has to do is put some of this in his pocket (if its powder form). Go to a popular event like the superbowl. he sits in the stands, and then throws ebola in the air. suddenly it would spread to basically everyone near him. those people could easily spread it to the people next to them. before you know it basically the whole stadium has ebola, but the wierd thing is you dont know you haveit. then people leave the superbowl and go back home (even out of state) they continue to spread it wherever they go.
ebola takes a week for you to die. you could easily kill millions. scary thought.

besides nukes or chemical warefare there is also dirty bombs. its basically taking a normal bomb (like they use in car bombs) and adding some nuclear waste. So then they drive the truck into a building and the building gets destroyed (its not that big of an explosion.) but because it has the waste its now spreads radioactive stuff into the air. from what i understand the radioactive stuff would go into the air and spread about 2-3 miles in a radius. which if you do it in a popular place could be very very deadly.

wow sometimes i like to ramble on....sorry to scare ya

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2004, 08:33:12 AM »
you know its still very easy to smuggle things in by boat most of the containers arn't searched. i know america is stepping up security but it would be impossible to make it totally secure

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2004, 08:30:15 PM »
Yup, it's inevitable, i'm totally surprised they're doing as good of a job as they are keeping these assholes at bay... (literally, at the fucking bay before they get in!).  Terrorists must be some stupid motherfuckers, because if I wanted to go to Iraq and blow up a fucking building, it'd be pretty damn easy to do, I have no doubt I'd cause some major damage, and I wouldn't get caught or killed.  These dumbasses hatch up major plans with dozens of people, and can't even get a bomb to explode.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2004, 08:33:54 PM »
Oh, Engies was asking about the power of the bombs.  A full-scale American grade nuclear warhead (which the terrorists wouldn't have access to or the ability to build) has an amazing amount of power.  

They say that the capabilities (and this is bombs that EXIST, not just things they CAN build, this is the big ones we have pointed at Russia and shit) have the power to do this:

If you're standing inside your house, 50 miles away from teh epicenter, where the bomb hits... and you're washing dishes. If you drop a fork, as the bomb touches down 50 miles away; you'll be vaporized before the fork hits the ground.  That's unbelievable.. 3 or 4 of those well placed in cities around the world would bring about an armageddon society.

Montana00

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2004, 08:58:38 PM »
yea but those are about 15 megatons. i believe the hiroshima ones were 10 kilotons (1000 kilotons=1 megaton)

if a terrorist had a small nuke it would be like 1-5 kiltons, still enough to do extreme damage.

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2004, 09:01:21 PM »
O.K.  Re-Read what I said.  Whilst you do that, think about a couple of things for me.

1. Did I say anywhere that I was talking about the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima & Nagasaki?

2. Did I say anywhere that the terrorists had these bombs?

3. Didn't I say specifically that terrorists WOULDN'T have bombs that powerful?

Think about those three things, then write a 1 page essay on your thoughts... you have 3 days.

Montana00

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2004, 09:56:45 PM »
O.K.  Re-Read what I said.  Whilst you do that, think about a couple of things for me.

1. Did I say anywhere that I was talking about the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima & Nagasaki?

2. Did I say anywhere that the terrorists had these bombs?

3. Didn't I say specifically that terrorists WOULDN'T have bombs that powerful?

Think about those three things, then write a 1 page essay on your thoughts... you have 3 days.
no my post had nothing to do with yours, i was just adding some tidbits to it.

eNgIeS

Re: Nuclear terror 'matter of time'
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2004, 12:29:06 AM »
thanks for telling us that Trauma. That really is shocking, how can man even think aboiut making such a deadly device