Author Topic: i dont like rap anymore  (Read 1483 times)

Don Breezio

i dont like rap anymore
« on: June 22, 2004, 11:06:57 PM »
i've realized this...i really just don't like rap anymore...i barely ever listen to it and when i do i feel dumber after im done...i still like some of the stuff i grew up with and some of the so called "backpack rap" but in general i just hate rap...i hate rap fans as well...not you guys but i mean i just hate the way people argue over the stupidest stuff pertaining to hip hop.

DAYUM

Re:i dont like rap anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 11:09:38 PM »
so you aint gonna post here as much? i mean we never really got along but thats gay u were one of the funniest and coolest peeps here...

but yeah i do find myself not enjoying rap as much as i use to but ill never stop listening to it

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 11:11:46 PM »
so you aint gonna post here as much? i mean we never really got along but thats gay u were one of the funniest and coolest peeps here...

but yeah i do find myself not enjoying rap as much as i use to but ill never stop listening to it

thanks man...i'll still post now and then but just not much...i think i've had like 4 posts in the last 2 weeks or so lol...i just dont see the point of sitting at my computer all day. but ill still post sometimes.

Jome

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 11:14:04 PM »
Overdosed on 50 Cent.. ??  ;D

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 11:15:56 PM »
Overdosed on 50 Cent.. ??  ;D

lol yeah a long time ago...

nah for real i guess im just tired of hearing nothing but cussing and talking about violence and stuff...

DAYUM

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 11:17:41 PM »
you know this is A.G. right?

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 11:20:09 PM »

yep...the wierd thing about it is taht i can always tell its you based on whats in your avatar/sig

DAYUM

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 11:28:43 PM »

yep...the wierd thing about it is taht i can always tell its you based on whats in your avatar/sig

lol yeah u should saw my big Z-Ro Avatar it looked clean...

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 11:44:34 PM »
^ felt the same for a while. i'm startin to branch out into the 'positive rap' now, kanye, talib, mos def etc.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 11:49:44 PM »
^ felt the same for a while. i'm startin to branch out into the 'positive rap' now, kanye, talib, mos def etc.

i already listen to that...thats almost all i listen to as far as rap goes...but you can't even call that positive rap...its still full of cussing and talking about violence and drugs and stuff...its better than the "i got shot 8 times and am going to go bang a ho" lyrics...but its still nothing positive.

Throwback

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 12:28:28 AM »

i already listen to that...thats almost all i listen to as far as rap goes...but you can't even call that positive rap...its still full of cussing and talking about violence and drugs and stuff...its better than the "i got shot 8 times and am going to go bang a ho" lyrics...but its still nothing positive.

same for me but the only "gangster" i like is Jadakiss, he raps about guns and drugs, but with him i like it. and one question; What's backpack rap? :-[ :-[

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 12:33:46 AM »
i've realized this...i really just don't like rap anymore...i barely ever listen to it and when i do i feel dumber after im done...i still like some of the stuff i grew up with and some of the so called "backpack rap" but in general i just hate rap...i hate rap fans as well...not you guys but i mean i just hate the way people argue over the stupidest stuff pertaining to hip hop.
i feel the same way sometimes but then i put on some talib kweli and realize there are some people who still know what real hip hop is.  don't say you hate rap... just say you hate all this new "bling bling collar poppin shoot you and your mama" shit.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 12:35:53 AM by -VZA- »
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 12:48:58 AM »
i feel the same way sometimes but then i put on some talib kweli and realize there are some people who still know what real hip hop is.  don't say you hate rap... just say you hate all this new "bling bling collar poppin shoot you and your mama" shit.

you have to read my posts better...i hate all rap...not just bling bling crap...i dont even listen to that...i hate the rap cds i own...the talib kweli, the jadakiss, the mos def, even the little brother stuff im not sure on...it all pretty much has the same subject matter and cursing...

and optimus prime...backpack rap is something that people like to exclude from hip hop...its just another form of hip hop but people like to put things into sub-genre's and then make stupid comments on it...but basically heres a list of some backpack rap...you'll get the idea:

heiroglyphics, little brother, atmosphere, eyedea & abilities, el-p, aesop rock, afu-ra, little brother, aceyalone, etc...

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2004, 01:43:24 AM »
I'm done with mainstream shit now. Like anything on MTV playing is so watered down and repetitive. Can't take it anymore.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 03:37:03 AM »
i dont' hate rap , but the older i get the more and more i relize it's a genre for kids and immature minds. It's sad that hip hop is the crown jewl of music , because in all reality no matter how genious you are (Dre, quik, rza, mos def, rakim) hip hop is the least talented genre in the history of music and hip hop is dumbing down the musical abilities of the world. i mean shit there was a time in music where you'd hear Steve Vai on the Radio and you were inspired to play guitar like him......you didn't need to have "street cred" be drapped in "ice" or be from the hood, or a certain race...you just were inspired to play an instrument. you don't see that anymore.........all hip hop is inspiring is a world of weak mother goose poets......even at the most credible level of lyricism. Hip hop had one and only one true poet....and he's dead.  don't get me wrong hearing canibus rhyme on second round KO and xzibit on what you see is what you get is entertaining and enjoyable, and  you should listen to what entertains you, but don't run around thinking it's Bach or Bethoveen.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09