Author Topic: i dont like rap anymore  (Read 1481 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:i dont like rap anymore
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2004, 04:58:53 AM »
everybody has this phase. Ive heard it like 30 times on forums that ppl feel too smart for rap.

my answer is: you are not too smart for rap, so shut the fuck up.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2004, 05:27:43 AM »
^ Yup, everybody one time or another has this phase. I had it too, but than again I couldn't find a better music-genre than rap. There is no perfect genre, but rap is the best in my opinion.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2004, 06:11:03 AM »
I really dont give a shit as long as the music and lyrics sounds good in my ears , but yeah , I miss creativity in rap music . A few people I feel nowadays that bring a little creativity  : Outkast ( has alot of exiting music , and dares to do things not many other hip hop groups dares ) , The Neptunes ( either you love them or hate them , I like their music vision and their music . Needs to be more consistent though , and not put everything they make out there ) , Kanye West ( good producer , I cant stand his rapping though . He has the same problem as The Neptunes ,  overexposing himself ) .

edit : I also tend to listen to more positiv music , but I am also a fan of gangster rap , but I think maybe it has played its role in music history . Lets push things forward !
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 06:13:32 AM by NeAp »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2004, 08:12:43 AM »
I've bored with hip-hop recently as well, only a few groups I still listen to consistently. I still check out most of the new songs people put up on the forum though.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

West C. Connected

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2004, 08:26:40 AM »
Uhm ok. I still like rap.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2004, 08:30:40 AM »
I've bored with hip-hop recently as well, only a few groups I still listen to consistently. I still check out most of the new songs people put up on the forum though.

its sad but im the same...after hearing Jada's new album and the new Lloyd Banks, im thinking that these are considered to be two of the best artists around at the moment, which is fucking hilarious!!! having said that, i saw Talib Kweli & Mos Def live on monday night, which was a fucking excellent show!! so im still banging their shit...along with the Justus League, Common, Pharoahe (obviously), Kanye (sometimes), but thats it mainly...i'm also still discovering tracks daily that i think are dope so it may be a while before im reach the stage Luke is at!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2004, 08:34:48 AM »
I've been tired with the radio, MTV and whatnot. I haven't kept up with who's popular for a while, my cousins when I got home where like, have you heard from Cassidy, or some other shit, do you have Beg For Mercy. I listened to it with girls, but for myself, never. For along while now, I've only listen to semi-underground, semi-commercial, like Talib Kweli, Immortal Technique, Ras Kass, and others like them. As for backpack rap, or what is backpack rap now, it sucks. All that shit isn't real backpack rap. It's alt. rap. Backpack rap is Mos Def, KRS-One, Talib Kweli. But anyways, it really doesn't matter to me what's hot, Clear Channel fucked over hip-hop by buying out all those stations, and now stations don't have freedom to play local acts, but instead they have to play what Clear Channel wants. Hip-Hop is in danger, but honestly, real rap music will always be there, I just don't turn on the radio.

Joseph

• Lil Geezy
  • M-E-T-H-O-D MAN
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2004, 09:01:30 AM »
whats not to like about rap...like sometimes it can be different at times...i think that all you need is a break from rap and then strart listening to it again .... 8)
...:JOseph:...

pappy

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2004, 09:17:14 AM »
i feel you.  i aint really listening to much shit anymore.  ive only bought 3 albums that have come out this year.  and ionly plan on buying 2 more,  mobb deep an nas.  i still listen to rap but the stuff i have.  its so crappy now rap.

teecee

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2004, 10:10:42 AM »
Luke, if you dont like rap thats fine man, time to move on.  Alot of people find as they get older that current music (not just rap) is not suited to their tastes, it happens to most people

As for the profanity and negativity, it is kind of embarassing how rap is so immature.  Its nice to have some Kanye, Talib, and possibly new Mase as alternatives.  You say Kanye and Talib have negative messages, but aside from profanity, i dont see alot of negative messages......and i rarely hear Kanye or Talib talking about violence and drugs on there albums.......peace

Whatever you do, dont take music so seriously, dont let it define you.  When i first started teaching a couple of years ago, i felt like i should probably quit listening to rap, or keep my windows rolled up, etc, and not admit to students or fellow teachers that its my favourite type of music.  Then i realized, if people want to judge me by what i listen to, fuck them.  And i dont take people like SNoop or anyone seriously (NEVER HAVE), i never really am that affected by what a rapper says because really, what do they know that i dont?  

teecee

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2004, 10:16:45 AM »

And i agree with what jake la Motta  says, dont go around thinking these guys are geniuses or Beethoven or whatever.  Rap is the most entertaining and enjoyable music for me, but in reality its not creative and it is composed (for the most part) by sampling old records, which in turn doesnt treally create nothing new.  Its sad how R&B is now too, as it is influenced hugely by hiphop (beats wise), meaning most of the beats are recycled.  WE need some REAL music geniuses in hiphop, creating original soundscapes, or else its never gonna change, there just gonna run out of shit to sample..........

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2004, 11:06:05 AM »
wtf is backpack rap?

mauzip

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2004, 11:35:24 AM »
I don't believe you hate rap. You've listened to rap for a long time and now you hate it? ::) Of course your taste in music changes as you get older, but that's normal. I just listen to whatever sounds good to me. I don't care if it's rap or pop or trance or whatever genre. It's just that I prefer rap and R&B. Lately I'm really into the old skool R&B, the time when it was just called Rhythm & Blues :) But hey, that's just your taste that evolves :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 11:37:08 AM by mauzip »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2004, 03:49:21 PM »
It just happens to people. But it sucks to think. The only thing I listen to is rap. I used to listen to rock when i was like 8 but I grew out of it. I don't know how I could ever get out of rap. It sucks to relize my favorite shit in the world is dying.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2004, 04:51:38 PM »
wtf is backpack rap?

Rap that's not about guns, bitchez and ice. Not about how much money you have, not about how many niggaz you killed. Not shocking, not funny.
Best backpack LP of 2004: Murs - 3:16
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin