Author Topic: i dont like rap anymore  (Read 1482 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:i dont like rap anymore
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2004, 01:02:14 PM »
I agree with Rod and Craiga. I couldn't put it in words, but Hip-Hop culture is life to me. I remember breakin', grafitti, and of course freestlyin when I was young. When I was little, I use to listen to all types of music, but it was rap that grapped me. I tried Heavy Medal, Grudge, that poppy Michael Jackson, Madonna stuff, but it was South Central Cartel, Eazy-E, Lighter Shade of Brown and LL Cool J that had me. Later it was Snoop Dogg, and 2Pac that clinched my love to rap music. No other music speaks to me like rap, but I'm I.E. born and raised, and in the early 90's we were ghetto. I wouldn't discribe it as a ghetto now, but when all this shit was coming out, we had the highest crime rate in the nation, my parents were just getting a divorce and the only music talking about single parents was rap, and my moms was on drugs, and rappers were talking about drug addict moms. So to me, it was rap that was the soundtrack to my early life, and as I grow up, I still like to hear rap music. To me, rap has became part of me, it was never a phase of life, it was life. When i grew up, rap always had a song to discribe how I was feeling, and with all these lame commercial rappers, I listen to other rappers, ones that keep hip-hop real. So to someone that rap is just a phase, I can see how it's easy to just pass it off, but once hip-hop becomes your life, once it touches you personally, you can't let it go.

West C. Connected

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2004, 01:05:07 PM »
I was about to post the same point as rod.  If you a skinny white kid from the burbs that rocks Abercrombie and has nothing in common with the hip hop lifestyle. That you will MOST  likely turn toa diferent genre.

Dont stereotype, im what you desicribed. I listen to 80% rap. Yes, i might sit down and rock to some Pink Floyd or the beatles, but i WILL NEVER dislike rap, and i dont listen to commercial "50 cent i killed you and i got a shiny chain" rap.... so dont stereotype..... i see where your coming from, as rap, a lot of the time being about strugle, and my rich white ass never strugles? or cause i dont sell rock, i cant listen to nas?

Abercombie's Hip Hop too now. :'(
Oh you didn't know?
dont be a smartass, kanye rocks abercrombie..... Biotch

I mean Abercombie really IS Hip Hop now because Kanye and Jigga rocks it. :'(

KILL THE PREPPY STYLE, BRING BACK THE SHINY JERSEYS

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2004, 03:15:38 PM »
I was about to post the same point as rod.  If you a skinny white kid from the burbs that rocks Abercrombie and has nothing in common with the hip hop lifestyle. That you will MOST  likely turn toa diferent genre.

Dont stereotype, im what you desicribed. I listen to 80% rap. Yes, i might sit down and rock to some Pink Floyd or the beatles, but i WILL NEVER dislike rap, and i dont listen to commercial "50 cent i killed you and i got a shiny chain" rap.... so dont stereotype..... i see where your coming from, as rap, a lot of the time being about strugle, and my rich white ass never strugles? or cause i dont sell rock, i cant listen to nas?

Abercombie's Hip Hop too now. :'(
Oh you didn't know?
dont be a smartass, kanye rocks abercrombie..... Biotch

I mean Abercombie really IS Hip Hop now because Kanye and Jigga rocks it. :'(

KILL THE PREPPY STYLE, BRING BACK THE SHINY JERSEYS

misconception about hip-hop number 532... if a rapper rocks it, especially one that's been out for a hot minute, then it's hip-hop. Wrong, hip-hop is of the street, a rapper rocking some shit don't make it hip-hop. Jersey are hip-hop not because rappers rock them, but people on the streets been rocking Magic, Dr. J, Ronnie Lott and other jersey since they were considered new school. Rappers in videos never really rocked them in videos, but the streets wore them, so it's only a matter of time before rappers did. Did that mean jerseys were not hip-hop before rappers sported them. Hell nah. Jay-Z and Kanye dress preppy, does that mean hip-hip is preppy, hell nah. It means they are preppy, they are trying to start a trend. I don't know about the rest of the U.S. intercities, but in San Bernardino, it's not catching on.

Trauma-san

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2004, 03:27:59 PM »
i dont' hate rap , but the older i get the more and more i relize it's a genre for kids and immature minds. It's sad that hip hop is the crown jewl of music , because in all reality no matter how genious you are (Dre, quik, rza, mos def, rakim) hip hop is the least talented genre in the history of music and hip hop is dumbing down the musical abilities of the world. i mean shit there was a time in music where you'd hear Steve Vai on the Radio and you were inspired to play guitar like him......you didn't need to have "street cred" be drapped in "ice" or be from the hood, or a certain race...you just were inspired to play an instrument. you don't see that anymore.........all hip hop is inspiring is a world of weak mother goose poets......even at the most credible level of lyricism. Hip hop had one and only one true poet....and he's dead.  don't get me wrong hearing canibus rhyme on second round KO and xzibit on what you see is what you get is entertaining and enjoyable, and  you should listen to what entertains you, but don't run around thinking it's Bach or Bethoveen.

Exactly, especially the part about the mother goose poets.  People act like these people are talented, but if you took a friekin' songwriter out of Nashville, and told him to write a rap song, it'd be 10 times better than anything Canibus or Xzibit could come up with.  

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2004, 03:34:06 PM »
i dont' hate rap , but the older i get the more and more i relize it's a genre for kids and immature minds. It's sad that hip hop is the crown jewl of music , because in all reality no matter how genious you are (Dre, quik, rza, mos def, rakim) hip hop is the least talented genre in the history of music and hip hop is dumbing down the musical abilities of the world. i mean shit there was a time in music where you'd hear Steve Vai on the Radio and you were inspired to play guitar like him......you didn't need to have "street cred" be drapped in "ice" or be from the hood, or a certain race...you just were inspired to play an instrument. you don't see that anymore.........all hip hop is inspiring is a world of weak mother goose poets......even at the most credible level of lyricism. Hip hop had one and only one true poet....and he's dead.  don't get me wrong hearing canibus rhyme on second round KO and xzibit on what you see is what you get is entertaining and enjoyable, and  you should listen to what entertains you, but don't run around thinking it's Bach or Bethoveen.

Exactly, especially the part about the mother goose poets.  People act like these people are talented, but if you took a friekin' songwriter out of Nashville, and told him to write a rap song, it'd be 10 times better than anything Canibus or Xzibit could come up with.  

lol wtf..
I dont see why, for instance, (no offense) ppl like Brian Wilson should be considered genius musicians, when ppl like Eminem, Canibus, 2pac or Nas are considered stupid entertainers...
Seriously, I know other music, and the lyrics dont amaze me. Not that they dont own complex rhyme patters and shit, they are also much shorter, repeat often and the message isnt always that great.. mostly about things like love or so, lol, we all know what it is. not to talk about wordplay and methaphours.
now to the instrumental stuff. I got plenty of homies who can play great guitar, piano or drums, seriously. but I know noone, I repeat noone, who can make decent beats.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2004, 03:42:57 PM »

I can give you many rappers out there that are very talented...

Talib Kweli... Mos Def... Royce the 5'9"... Evidence... Immortal Techique... Ras Kass... Nas... Rakim... and a few more. All of them are poets with pure talent. If they didn't do rap, but instead did poety, they'd be studied in English classes. Just because you guys out grew a faze, doesn't mean rap is childish. What's out on the radio is childish, as the monopoly of the music industry has hurt the art of music in EVERY aspect of music. The company mergers hurt what an artist puts out, and the Clear Channel hurts what is heard on the radio. But that doesn't mean rap music is not that great, what is heard is very elementry, made to sell to the mainstream. So what that means is rap is not meant to be elementry, but that's what the mainstream wants rap to be. What it is and what is played are two very different things. The sad part is that a new generation of kids are listening to this and doing it over, and that'll be the death of real hip-hop, when the Talibs, the Mos Defs, when they leave rap, and the new generation comes out sounding like Ying Yang Twinz and Ja Rule. Then I'll say rap music sucks. But as long as there are still great artist out there, then I'll stick to it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2004, 03:43:50 PM »

Talib Kweli... Mos Def... Royce the 5'9"... Evidence... Immortal Techique... Ras Kass... Nas... Rakim... and a few more. All of them are poets with pure talent. If they didn't do rap, but instead did poety, they'd be studied in English classes. Just because you guys out grew a faze, doesn't mean rap is childish. What's out on the radio is childish, as the monopoly of the music industry has hurt the art of music in EVERY aspect of music. The company mergers hurt what an artist puts out, and the Clear Channel hurts what is heard on the radio. But that doesn't mean rap music is not that great, what is heard is very elementry, made to sell to the mainstream. So what that means is rap is not meant to be elementry, but that's what the mainstream wants rap to be. What it is and what is played are two very different things. The sad part is that a new generation of kids are listening to this and doing it over, and that'll be the death of real hip-hop, when the Talibs, the Mos Defs, when they leave rap, and the new generation comes out sounding like Ying Yang Twinz and Ja Rule. Then I'll say rap music sucks. But as long as there are still great artist out there, then I'll stick to it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2004, 11:14:39 PM »

Talib Kweli... Mos Def... Royce the 5'9"... Evidence... Immortal Techique... Ras Kass... Nas... Rakim... and a few more. All of them are poets with pure talent. If they didn't do rap, but instead did poety, they'd be studied in English classes. Just because you guys out grew a faze, doesn't mean rap is childish.

LMAO i seriously DOUBT IT!

u lost your ability to coment on this situation when you said you couldn't listen to other genres, that means you hold a bias to rap and closed mind to other genres. btw do you even know anything about real poetry?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2004, 11:20:34 PM »

I got plenty of homies who can play great guitar, piano or drums, seriously. but I know noone, I repeat noone, who can make decent beats.

you can play an instrument but that doesn't make you a muscian, i can play guitar like a mother fuckin' riot but i couldn't in a million years write a song like "one" or " europa" or November Rain....and on that same note neither could dr. dre or kanye or primo or any other rap producer. rap at most makes 30 second songs and loops them, i've yet to hear a rap song outside of maybe Bombs over Baghdad that can be called a composition.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2004, 11:54:13 PM »

Talib Kweli... Mos Def... Royce the 5'9"... Evidence... Immortal Techique... Ras Kass... Nas... Rakim... and a few more. All of them are poets with pure talent. If they didn't do rap, but instead did poety, they'd be studied in English classes. Just because you guys out grew a faze, doesn't mean rap is childish.

LMAO i seriously DOUBT IT!

u lost your ability to coment on this situation when you said you couldn't listen to other genres, that means you hold a bias to rap and closed mind to other genres. btw do you even know anything about real poetry?

Actually, I like to read real poetry, and have written poetry all my life, even in elementry school before I listened to rap, I wrote great poetry for my age group. The thing is, you take rap for nothing more than what you hear on the radio, and the message outside of the radio, you can't understand. It doesn't touch you, you are talking about composition, honestly, I don't listen to rap because of great works of music, I listen to the message. Since Melli Mel rapped on Grandmaster Flash The Message, rap has shown to be a genre that can get across the feelings of young poor America. The problem, lables and radio stations being own by very few people that only want to have a certain style of rap on the air. Back in the day you had Rakim with In The Ghetto, one of the greatest, if not great lyrical performance of all times, of course they have classes on 2Pac, Nas and Illmatic was very reflective of his surroundings, now you have Talib Kweli, Mos Def, and many others that are holding it down. It's from the streets, and just because it's from the streets doesn't mean that it's not great poetry. Shit, it means it's not poetry you study in school because old white guys don't think it's important, but true poetry comes from within. Back in the day, lots of older people did not like the Romanic Age of poetry. But as time went by, people started to study it, and judge other poetry by it. How is this not poetry, this muthaphukka I'm posting is talking about everything important to him: love, his emotions, the times are reflicted with him mentioning HIV, it has a message, how is this not real poetry. Rhyme scheme, everything, real poetry has no limits, there actually isn't suppose to be a true rhyme scheme either, or length. Tell me how this isn't real poetry.

[Verse 1]
She was on her way to becoming a college graduate
Wouldn't even stop to talk to the average kid
The type of latina I'd sit and contemplate marriage with
Fuck the horse and carriage shit, her love was never for hire
Disciplined, intellectual beauty's what I desire
Flyer than Salma Hayek or Jennifer Lopez
Everyone told me, kickin' it to her was hopeless
At first I just thought, she didn't mess with broke kids
The thug niggaz always talking about, how they smoke kids
But the rich-sniff-coke kids got no play
"I'm not even interested" is what her body language would say
Everyone around the way, gave up trying to get in it
It didn't matter how good your game was, she wasn't with it
On the block, bitches was jealous, but wouldn't admit it
Talk shit, and deny to everyone that they did it
'Cause they regreted the long list of niggaz that they let hit it
And no one ever gave them shit except McDonald's and did-dick
Smoking weed with thoughts of envy, whenever they lit it
She smoked intelligently and they bit it, always trying to copy
But when they tried to use her vocab, they sounded sloppy
She had a style, all her own, respectful and pure
I was sick in the head for her, and there wasn't a cure

[Hook - Jean Grae]
Don't you know that, time waits for no man
Not fate, it's all planned
I'm blessed just to know you
I've loved and I've lost just to hold you all night
Can't find, a reason why
God came, to you and I
If I had the chance again, I'd never let you go
Hold tight to your love, 'cause you never know

[Verse 2]
Her eyes are brown and beautiful, yet empty and sad
I used to talk to her occasionally, and she was glad
That I wasn't just another nigga trying to get in it
So every now and then we'd stop and talk for a minute
I didn't have a gimmick so the minutes turned to hours
On her birthday, I gave her a poem with flowers
Then I took her out to dinner after her cousin's baby shower
We talked about, power to the people and such
We spent more time together but it was never enough
I never tried to sneak a touch, or even cop a feel
I was too interested, in keeping it real
Perfectly honest and complete, she would always call me "carino,"
And never Technique, bought me a new book to read every 2 or 3 weeks
Forever changing the expression of my thoughts when I speak
It was because of her, I even deaded all of my freaks
She convinced me, to stop hangin' out on the streets
To stop robbin' and stealin', from people like you
Instead I took her out to the Apollo and the Bronxu
We sailed in Barrio (?) and the Metropolitan too
Got to the point when I was either with her or my crew
So I decided one day, to tell her my feelings was true
I couldn't live without her so I told her, facing my fears
But honey's only response, was a face full of tears
She could only sob hysterically, holding me tight
I tried to speak, but she wouldn't stop until I left sight
I felt like a moth who got himself too close to the light
Except I didn't burn, I turned cold after that night

[Hook]

[Verse 3]
I went on with my life, college and my career
Ended up locked up like an animal for a year
Where the C.O.'s talk to you like they were the overseer
Then I got sent to the hole, when my exit was near
At night in my cell, I'd close my eyes and I'd see her
Hold her close in my dreams, but when I woke she disappeared
Just an empty cell until the state gave me parole in the summer
came back, in tact and on track
But the fact of the matter, is I still felt cold
Even after my mother, hugged me, cryin' at home
My real niggaz would catch me thinkin', out of my zone
Fuckin' lots of different women, but I still felt alone
Relatively well-known around the New York underground
But I kept thinking of her and how we used to be down
The sound of her voice, and the beautiful smell of her hair
Though gone physically, somehow it was still there
I had to do something, because the shit was too much to bear
So I went and visited the building where she used to live
The world looks a lot different after you do a bid
The way your life done changed
While primitive minds (are) still stuck in the same game
Like her cousin who was on the corner slangin' cocaine
Stepped in the lobby and tapped the button next to her last name
Her mom buzzed me up and hugged me up, like a mother oughta
But her facial expression changed, when I asked about her daughter

[Hook]

[Verse 4]
She told me that there was a note for me, that was left behind
She had left it there waiting, for such a long time
I was inclined to ask about it but she brought it up first
I saw a tear swelling up in her eye, and then she cursed
She told me where the letter was and I started thinking the worst
Reversed my position, stepped over and opened the door
And sure enough there was an envelope with my name on the floor
"Nobody loves you more than me carino" is what the letter said

"By the time you get to read this, I'll probably be dead
But when you left in '97 a part of me went to Heaven
I thank God at least I got to know what love really was
But it hurt me, to see what true love really does
'Cause even though we never made love, you were all that there was
It was because I loved you so much that I had to make you leave
You made me doubt the way I thought, you made me want to believe
And then I slipped up, and I let you get close to me
It was hard to not be openly when people spoke to me
This was not the way I thought my life was supposed to be
Baby don't you see, I had a blood transfusion that left me with HIV
Hoped the end exists for me since late in 1993
I died a virgin, I wish I could've given myself to you
I cried in the hospital because there was no one else but you
Promise that you'll meet me in paradise inevitably
No matter what, I'll keep your love forever with me"

What happened for the rest of the day is still a blur
But I remember wishing that I was dead, instead of her
She was buried on August 3rd
The story ends without a sequel
And now you know why Technique, don't fucking fall in love with people
Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you
The one you love, not the person that'll simply have sex with you
Appreciate them to the fullest extent, and then beyond
'Cause you never really know what you got, until it's gone

Thanks to TimeLock for hooking me up with the Immortal Technique CD.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 11:57:15 PM by M Dogg »

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2004, 07:40:31 AM »
Yer i went through a phase like that last year, i didn't find more than four albums worth listening to *imo. Besides Kanye West's album of this year, i haven't bought a hip hop album since 2002 when i got Nas - The Lost Tapes.

I think all it did was make me get into more ol school artists, personally i used to listen to it but was never really a big gangsta rap fan, for the very reason that the lyrics become repeatative on the similar topics.

As for explicit language in tracks, well that's in a majority of genres so ya can't really escape that.

I was looking forward to Nas new one this year, but i heard one of his new tracks You Know My Style, and personally i find this pretty wack for Nas. I don't know wether its on his new album tho.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2004, 11:40:30 PM »
lol, ya muthafuckas had to turn it into some intellectual battle didn't ya? all i was saying is, i personally don't like listening to retarded rappers kick rhymes about the same old shit, time after time. maybe i used to like it at some point, but now it sucks. same with the beats...

LOL... hey... if I got knowledge, I'm using it. I like rap, I've listen to other types of music, grudge being my favorite, but also of course old school R&B like Motown, I'm not a fan of most rock out now, Emo, whatever punk bullshit, but I like lots of other old music. Right now, I listen to rap because to me, rap has the most potential. I understand rappers, and the message because it's from places like where I'm from. I've out grown most forms of rock, I've out grown pop, poppy rap, but what I always comeback to is just straight, raw street rap, real rap, conscience rap if you will, or rap with a political message. I like to hear other types of music, I especially like foreign music, Asian, Latin America is the shit to me, Indian music, I like all that stuff, though when I hear it, I'm like, that would be tight as hell to sample... lol. But whatever, you can say what you want about rap, honestly, it's your opinion. But my main point is that hip-hop reaches me because I live it, I grew up with it around me, I see the streets, I grew up in a place that was economically poor, I had a drug addict mother, so when I hear songs expressing that, I can relate more to that. I hear other songs, they talk about love, friendship, having fun, they reach on a more basic level, and that's fine, I enjoy that, but I'll always turn to rap, because that's my culture, people out grow rap because it's a phase to them, it's cool in high school. To me, it's my culture, it's how I grew up, it's in me. I know old men that listen to Ice Cube and 2Pac still, that's because the culture is touching people at every age. Your parents have certain music, I remember my mother used to pump the OG Chronic with me. Hip-hop is not a phase to everyone. You don't have to like rap no more, that's all good. Personally, if it's just a phase to you, I say you should just stop listening and find your own thing. Because to me, rap is for the real people that live the culture, like Craiga, like Rodzilla, like TimeLock, like DayGoStyle, like myself. Trauma, Jake, everyone else, you don't have to listen to it, you really can't relate, it was great to have you guys at onetime be fans, thanks Trauma for the WC Killaz sight, it was one of the greatest sights for rap music, but if it's just a phase, I'm sorry, to everyone it's not just a phase. It's life to me. I get tired of hearing rap sometimes, but I always comeback after a week... I can't leave rap for long it's who I am.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: i dont like rap anymore
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2004, 11:05:05 PM »
[Quote from: SMiLE link=board=9;threadid=53880;start=25#msg604517 date=1088116079]

Exactly, especially the part about the mother goose poets.  People act like these people are talented, but if you took a friekin' songwriter out of Nashville, and told him to write a rap song, it'd be 10 times better than anything Canibus or Xzibit could come up with. 

Well said.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2004, 08:26:05 AM »
REPLY TO 7even the Harbinger

lol wtf..
I dont see why, for instance, (no offense) ppl like Brian Wilson should be considered genius musicians, when ppl like Eminem, Canibus, 2pac or Nas are considered stupid entertainers...
Seriously, I know other music, and the lyrics dont amaze me. Not that they dont own complex rhyme patters and shit, they are also much shorter, repeat often and the message isnt always that great.. mostly about things like love or so, lol, we all know what it is. not to talk about wordplay and methaphours.
now to the instrumental stuff. I got plenty of homies who can play great guitar, piano or drums, seriously. but I know noone, I repeat noone, who can make decent beats.

It's already been established that Wilson's talent was showcased in his music more so than lyrics. But you wanna talk lyrics; go listen to some old Bob Dylan and then get back to me on how repetitive, short, or unmeaningful it is.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 08:27:40 AM by Shallow »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2004, 08:58:43 AM »
Hey Luke, good for you buddy! (and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way) It's nice to know all my Springsteen pushing has enlightened you (just kidding). Honestly though don't let these guys confuse you. Leaving Hip Hop is not a phase, listenening to it is, at least listening to it exclusively. Once the average music fan discovers the wonders of the rest of the music plateau they rarely go fully back into Hip Hop. One poster said it best when he said Hip Hop is the one genre where who you are is more important what music you make. I'm talking amongst hard core fans. No hard core hard rock fan gives a shit if Metallica do what they sing about. With Hip Hop it's based so much on street cred and stupidity that it takes away from the music. Let's not even get into the fact that 99% of the artists in Hip Hop have no musical talent whatsoever. It's only about the lyrics. The problem is that it isn't. Most rap songs that come out are instrumental and beat driven, the one part of the song that isn't original.

Hip Hop lacks so much that other musics just have, particularly classic rock, anything from the early 60s to the late 70s. Musically there is no argument, but even lyrically there is nothing you can find in Rap that you can't find somewhere else.

Single Mothers- Mama Tried by Mere Haggard, or Welfare Mothers by Niel Young

Gang Fights- Bruce Springsteen- Lost in the flood, or Jungleland

Racism and inequality- Bob Dylan, The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol

Self Absorbed Boasting- just about anything by AC/DC

Losing yourself in the image of being cool and accepted and destroying your life while doing so- Bob Dylan, Like a Rolling Stone (ABSOLUTE CLASSIC)

Universal Love and Peace- Too many artists to mention (John Lennon, Curtis Mayfield, Bob Marley, etc.)

I could go on forever. The main difference with these type of songs and rap songs is most of these songs have great meaings and morals hidden in the lyrics. They don't come right and say it, they make you think about. These songs also have a certain poetry that rap lacks. Rap music is filled with so much slang it takes away from the poetry. It's more about being witty than being beautiful. All those who truely are passionate about the art of song and music will come to realize this. Of Course these are only my opinions and cannot be proven, however I can still make predictions.