Author Topic: How effective is the war on terror  (Read 180 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
How effective is the war on terror
« on: June 23, 2004, 02:15:27 PM »
bush would like you to believe terrorism is going down and we are making an inpact on alquaeda, but then recently mr apoligy powell came out saying they made a statistical error and its gone up suprise suprise. british and american diplomats say current middle east policy is doomed for failure, and there are numerious book and films out there critising the bush administration and their true motives. this new one from a top US intellegence official with long years of counter-terrorism experience doesn't go quite as far Alex Jones suggesting the bush admistration is in collusion with alquaeda, but that they are playing into their hands. what are your thaughts on the war on terror?

US 'losing fight against terror'
US policy in the "war on terror" is harshly criticised in a new book by an intelligence official who says the battle against al-Qaeda is being lost.
The author, identified as Anonymous, claims the invasion of Iraq has played into the hands of Osama Bin Laden and has not made America any safer.

He also predicts a new al-Qaeda strike within the US which will be far more damaging than the 11 September attacks. There has been no White House comment yet on the book due out on 4 July.

The 309-page Imperial Hubris is the latest book to attack the Bush administration in an election year - many written by former officials with an axe to grind.

But correspondents say this book is unprecedented as it is the work of an official with long years of counter-terrorism experience, who is still active in the US intelligence community.

Anonymous believes Mr Bush is taking the US in exactly the direction Bin Laden wants, towards all-out confrontation with Islam under the banner of spreading democracy
Guardian newspaper
The fact that the authorities allowed the book's publication could reflect the increasing frustration of senior intelligence officials at the course the administration has taken, comments Britain's Guardian newspaper, which says it has spoken to the author.
Iraq's alleged links with al-Qaeda were among reasons advanced by the Bush administration for its invasion of Iraq - an operation the book brands as an "avaricious, premeditated, unprovoked war against a foe who posed no immediate threat".

'Failed half-wars'

The New York Times, which has obtained a copy of the book, says the author is a senior Central Intelligence Agency officer, who led a special unit to track Osama Bin Laden and his associates.

"US leaders refuse to accept the obvious," the book says.

"We are fighting a worldwide Islamic insurgency - not criminality or terrorism - and our policy and procedures have failed to make more than a modest dent in enemy forces."

"In the period since 11 September, the United States has dealt lethal blows to al-Qaeda's leadership and - if official claims are true - have captured 3,000 al-Qaeda foot soldiers.

"At the same time, we have waged two failed half-wars and, in doing so, left Afghanistan and Iraq seething with anti-US sentiment, fertile grounds for the expansion of al-Qaeda and kindred groups."

"There is nothing that Bin Laden could have hoped for more than the American invasion and occupation of Iraq".

'Bush is best'

According to the Guardian, Anonymous thinks it possible that another devastating strike against the US could be staged during the election campaign. But, unlike with the Madrid train bombings, the aim would be to retain the administration rather than change it.

The paper says Anonymous believes Mr Bush is taking the US in exactly the direction Bin Laden wants, towards all-out confrontation with Islam under the banner of spreading democracy.

"I'm very sure they can't have a better administration for them than the one they have now", Anonymous is quoted as saying.

"One way to keep the Republicans in power is to mount an attack that would rally the country around the president."

The 11 September 2001 attacks killed nearly 3,000 people after members of Osama Bin Laden's al-Qaeda network flew three hijacked planes into New York's World Trade Center and the Pentagon, with a fourth crashing in Pennsylvania.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/americas/3832913.stm

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Montana00

Re:How effective is the war on terror
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 02:32:56 PM »
once again,

You cant stop terrorism. You can kill some of them, but you cant stop them all.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 02:54:55 PM »
incredible uneffective. 5 years back noone talked about terrorism lol, now since they "fight it" terrorism is bigger than ever.

once again, good job america.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 03:19:56 PM »
o.....yea....."fighting it"

;)

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 04:38:59 PM »
once again,

You cant stop terrorism. You can kill some of them, but you cant stop them all.

If we keep fighting this war on terrorism, we will lose. We're losing everyday.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 06:09:47 PM »
Not one terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9-11 = Extremely Successful.  

Jome

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 06:25:16 PM »
incredible uneffective.

Yup.
"The war on terrorism" as Bush calls it, can be compared to throwing a can of gas onto the fire..

INSTEAD, it exploded everywhere else, and who is the main targets.... ??

A-M-E-R-I-C-A-N-S.

And I think it's only a matter of time before they expand their operations..
U.K. and U.S. are the most likely places, along with a few others.
The more power/warfare the big rich nations use on the small poor nations, the more extremenists & terrorists you make..

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 10:21:04 PM »
trying to fight terrorism is like trying to attack a bee hive.  you may get a few of 'em... you might even get to the queen bee but in the end you're just going to get them irritated and they're going to come at you with a vengeance.  it's best if you just leave them alone and let them do what they do.  if they come to you and try to start something then that's when you get 'em.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 10:49:56 PM »

It's only been 2-3 years and security is at an all time high. What about 10 years down the road, when the government and public are more relaxed. Sure the attacks have ceased fo rnow, but the fact of the matter is, those terrorists are more pissed off than ever. Another attack is inevitable.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Rain

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 03:37:13 AM »
the war is totally ineffective

its like murder, you can't ever totally stop it. There will always be people commiting acts of terrorism for different reasons just like there will always be people killing other people for different reasons and people robbing people for different reasons.

the war on terror was merely a way for the gov't/media control its people through fear and allow them to wage wars against actual nations/gov'ts.

"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 03:43:20 AM »
the war is totally ineffective

its like murder, you can't ever totally stop it. There will always be people commiting acts of terrorism for different reasons just like there will always be people killing other people for different reasons and people robbing people for different reasons.

the war on terror was merely a way for the gov't/media control its people through fear and allow them to wage wars against actual nations/gov'ts...

...and to take away attention from their domestic problems..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin