Author Topic: Read This "Bones" Review...  (Read 328 times)

Murrow

Read This "Bones" Review...
« on: October 21, 2001, 03:32:15 PM »
Various Artists - Bones Soundtrack (2001)

Rating: 5 out of 10
The Bones soundtrack is here. The soundtrack to the new movie co-starring Snoop Dogg. The soundtrack features the likes of Snoop, Kokane, Tha Eastsidaz, Kurupt, and more. So enough talk lets get into the album..

01. Birth Of Jimmy Bones - Snoop Dogg - This is your basic intro with vocals from Snoop Dogg basically describing "Jimmy Bones". Whatever.. another intro what can be said.
02. Legend Of Jimmy Bones - Snoop Dogg, RBX, MC Ren - Nice beat to this track as RBX opens with a verse just as cold as his verses on Dre's Chronic album. By the time I get to half of track 2 Im already tired of hearing about "Jimmy Bones", I doubt the cd not the damn movie. Typical MC Ren verse he always comes correct. Snoop verse is pretty impressive, not like his Doggy Dogg self but that seems impossible for him now.
03. Lost Angels - Lost Angels ft. Kokane - Not sure who these Lost Angels guys are but they're not too bad. Than as usual my favorite guy (Kokane) comes in a ruins the song with his sorry ass chorus. The song isnt bad but nothing I would say "You know what, I wanna hear that song on the Bones Soundtrack by Lost Angels". Sorry
04. - The Ballad Of Jimmy Bones - Latoya Williams - This is a nice slow r and b cut. Ive liked Latonya Williams vocals since I first heard her on the "RAW" album. Good song here. This is music, Kokane take some lessons from Latoya big boy.
05. Dogg Named Snoop - Snoop Dogg ft. Tray Dee - This song could be the album highlight. Great beat and nice smooth story telling lyrics from Snoop. And Tray Dee dont get me started.. you know he always comes correct. Nice nice song. Snoop fans (not groupies, but fans) will like this one!
06. This Is My Life - Kedrick ft. C.P.O - Pretty tight little beat on this track but all in all isnt my cup of tea. Dont know why just didnt do anything for me. Catchy chorus but this for me is sleeping music.
07. Its Jimmy - Kurupt ft. Roscoe - O.K this whole Jimmy Bones concept for every damn song is getting real old by now. Sure its the soundtrack to the movie but damn do some tight shit without Jimmy Bones being mentioned. Its as if these guys all ran out of shit to write about. Anyway this song doesnt do anything for me. typical Kurupt verse but I think hes to step down and let Roscoe take his place. That fool got real skills.
08. Raise Up - Kokane - Honestly when I saw this track on the album it brought a smile to my face, I thought to myself THIS WILL BE FUNNY. But after listening to it a few times its probally the biggest surprise of my life. I like this song alot, nice beat and nice lyrics. The songs concept isnt too bad except for his lame disses to Suge Knight in there (of course he doesnt say anyones name!). I just find it funny hes claiming to be so hard but this is the same cat that wouldnt go to a family reunion cause he was scared Big Hutch would bring the bloods. lol no big surprise there.
09. These Drugs - D-12 - This track is so so. Not a big fan of Eminem or D-12 so maybe its just me but their song about drugs and being fucked up is getting a tad bit old.
10. Death Of Snow White - Snoop Dogg ft. Bad Azz Chan Coniyak - Tight beat on this song but yet again this Jimmy Bones concept this enough to make me eject the cd and throw out the car window. ENOUGH ALREADY! Besides that its a decent track nice beat, lyrics, and chorus.
11. If You Came Here - Snoop Dogg ft. Eastsidaz & Kola - Ok song here nothing special in my opinion, lame beat and the chorus gets real annoying quick. Snoop does have a very good little verse on this one and Tha Eastsidaz come tight as always. When can they get a solo song??Tray Dee and Goldie Loc. They dont need Snoop as far as Im concerned.
12. Fuck With Us - Kurupt Tray Dee & Xzibit - Dope production from Fred Wreck on this one. Opening verse from Tray Dee which of course is hot. Kurupt's verse can but shame on him compared to his early days like on Dogg Food and Doggystyle.. what happened?? Tight ass Xzibit verse as usual. One of my favorite tracks on the soundtrack right here.
13. Jimmys Revenge - Snoop Dogg ft. Soopafly - Ok this songs beat and lyrics just make me sick, what the hell are these thinking? I dunno but thank god this album is over. All in all its only got maybe 3 to 4 good songs on it and out of 13 tracks thats not enough for me. Tackz

Pretty one Dimensionsal review in my opinion.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Read This "Bones" Review...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2001, 06:09:06 PM »
yo you forgot like half of the album
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2001, 08:45:35 PM »
And how come u didnt rate every song?

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2001, 10:20:48 PM »
my mom bought this for me today and i just listened to it for the first time heres a quicky lil review of my own

1. birth of Jimmy Bones-although only an intro it's really fucking tight, the beat is tight and snoop telling the story is dope (to me anyways)...4.5/5

2. Legand of Jimmy Bones-4.5/5

3. Lost angels -3/5

4. ballad of jimmy bones-4/5

5. dogg named snoop-3/5

6. this is my life-2/5

7. it's jimmy-2/5

8. raise up-3/5

9 . these drugs-3.5/5

10. Death of Snow White-3.5/5

11. if you came here to party-3/5

12. fuck with us-3.5/5

13. Jimmy's Revenge-4/5

14. Be thankful-5/5

15. F-it-less-4.5/5

16. Gangsta with it 4/5

17. memories-4/5

18. endo-, it's just a musical part from one of the scary scences but i'm a junkie for a scary beat so 4.5/5

19. So Fresh So Clean Remix-4/5

over all probably a 3 mic cd, i can tell it's one of those cd's you have to get use to after a while (personal business, last meal, eastsidaz first one) where it kinda sucks at first listen but you learn to like it, Fred Wreck is kinda on point but at other times he sounds generic and so does battlecat, snoop is improved  the big weak ness of this album is that it starts off REALLY strong but the middle is REALLY weak then the end is pretty good

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2001, 07:55:09 AM »
3. Lost angels -3/5
5. dogg named snoop-3/5
8. raise up-3/5>>

Damn..These are 3 of my favorite tracks.  Maybe they will grow on you in time cos I think they all are dope as hell in different ways.

Murrow

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2001, 08:23:08 AM »
Uh, guys, I didn't review this.  The guys @ toogangsta did.