Author Topic: No Dr.Dre on Lloyd Banks album  (Read 404 times)

Throwback

Re: No Dr.Dre on Lloyd Banks album
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2004, 08:04:32 AM »
i dont like Banks so i dont care much

In Australia, they are getting quite big...but i'll never understand why GOOD rappers like Jurassic 5, Wu-Tang, 2Pac, Jay-Z, Nas are not more popular..its like...Aussies only like Ja Rule etc...that stuff blows..

Yer they are getting quite big, but Australia mainly only hears the commercial hip hop, it seems that is all that gets promoted. However, lately Kanye West is starting to get talked about quite a bit as is the Beastie Boys new album, as for the females Kelis has really taken off with a lot of promotion leading up to her national tour. Other than that it's just Oz hip hop that is well known for non-mainstream music.

same here in holland. only commercial crap. but they are not that far yet that theyll play some dirty south rap. when you say the word hiphop to the most ppl in holland theyll think: 50 cent, g-unit, 2pac, and some times biggie, jay-z and nas. Fools.

The Predator

Re: No Dr.Dre on Lloyd Banks album
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2004, 12:07:27 PM »
Dre beats have been MIA for a while. He didnt lace Jigga one for the Black Album, only one track for D-12 and none for banks who's down with the dre machine.

I want it like the old Ruthless/Chronic days when dre as the in house producer had his mark stamped everywhere NWA, D.O.C, Above The Law, doggystyle...