7 (25%)
6 (21.4%)
2 (7.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
7.000.000 +
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: How much will Banks sell.. ???  (Read 472 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:How much will Banks sell.. ???
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2004, 12:57:49 PM »
3 mill, if not more, i mean he got a hot first single out, "on fire", people feelin it, and when warrior pt 2 is his next single.. ooooo... people gonna go crazy for banks....

teecee

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2004, 02:08:37 PM »
Jome, if banks sells 4 million units, i will change my name to Jome's personal bitch: teecee.  

Seriously, if Kanye can only sell 2 million, i doubt Banks can sell double.  Sure, Warrior part 2 is a dope single, but  not enough to do those numbers

pappy

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004, 02:20:33 PM »
I SAY Only 2 million total which is still very good in this day and age.  But than again everyone on this board with the exception of few said 50 was goin top out at 2 million an hes almost at 8 million so you never kno lol.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2004, 02:27:22 PM »
I think Kanye sold alot more than 2 mil.  Banks is everywhere right now and his single is high on trl and everything.

teecee

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2004, 02:49:31 PM »
Once people heard In Da Club, it was quite obvious to most 50 would do major numbers.  after that, he was set cuz that wass one of the biggest hits in years......i dont see On fire or Warrior having even close to that kind of impact

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2004, 03:54:01 PM »
lol@4 milliion, thats some extreme shit in my opinion. for starters his album isnt all that, its standard still but "word of mouf" will effect sales, niggaz wil be like, best to download that shit instead, but imma say 1.5 million sales at best, probably just hit platinum, but who knows, only time will tell

peace
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 03:56:01 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2004, 03:55:31 PM »
Once people heard In Da Club, it was quite obvious to most 50 would do major numbers.  after that, he was set cuz that wass one of the biggest hits in years......i dont see On fire or Warrior having even close to that kind of impact

word in da club was off the chain homie, but was probably one of the biggest hitters for many years, aint nuttin buck or banks got gone top that imo

seeeeeeeeeen

Jome

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2004, 08:13:17 PM »
Jome, if banks sells 4 million units, i will change my name to Jome's personal bitch: teecee.  

We got a deal..  ;D

lol@4 milliion, thats some extreme shit in my opinion.

People called me crazy when I predicted 3-4 mill. for 50, and look at how that turned out..

I see even more advertising for Banks, and Banks seems to be discussed a lot more than 50 before GRODT dropped..
He's everywhere.. MTV, double page ads in magazines, mag-covers, lotsa articles, interviews, all over internet boards, he's on basically every mixtape out there..
Interscope does a GREAT job marketing their artists.

He doesn't have a "In da club", but I think Warrior 2 could be bananas if they make a video for it..

eS El Duque

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2004, 08:35:30 PM »
2 million...doesn't have one club hit on his album...but has nice joints that will attract the hip-hop fans. Tight album.

Rain

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2004, 08:57:11 PM »
i reckon between 1.000.000 - 2.000.000

while he certainly has a big name around the rap subculture thanks to all the mixtapes and talk of him - i cant see him appealing to people outside of rap like he'd have to push bigger numbers.

I don't think I even know one person who even knows who Lloyd Banks is.
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

eS El Duque

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2004, 11:16:17 PM »
i reckon between 1.000.000 - 2.000.000

while he certainly has a big name around the rap subculture thanks to all the mixtapes and talk of him - i cant see him appealing to people outside of rap like he'd have to push bigger numbers.

I don't think I even know one person who even knows who Lloyd Banks is.

half my school knows who he is (1800 students...Canadian school)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Re: How much will Banks sell.. ???
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2004, 05:09:02 PM »
I don't know...I'm still a fan and all but I've definately noticed that people aren't really feeling G-Unit as much as say this time a year ago. Examples of this showing are the mediocre crowd response to G-Unit at Summer Jam, the G-Unit album selling less than I'm sure that a lot of people were expecting, and the amount of people who are getting behind Budden in this new beef by saying that he ripped them, etc. And remember, this isn't coming from a G-Unit ''hater'' and I for one will pick up Banks' album. I'm just saying that I don't expect it to do huge numbers. It didn't help that Banks album leaked early and the response to it was pretty mixed. Personally, I liked most of it but there was room for improvement - for a first album it was certainly up to par.

Look at D12: Lots of publicity (MTV feature shows dedicated to them, topping the TRL chart, large articles in XXL and TV advertising, etc.), a huge first single and not to mention that they can boast arguably the biggest rapper in the world today as a member of their group. Despite this, the group has barely pushed plat so far and I think they'll finish up at around double. I don't even know if Banks can do numbers as high as them...
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2004, 07:51:11 PM »
I'm thinking 1.5 Mill or so.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2004, 04:53:17 PM »
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2004, 05:58:18 PM »
2millions max