Author Topic: Re: Jay.Z's THE BLUEPRINT: Full REVIEW...  (Read 1147 times)

RivieraIII

Re: Jay.Z's THE BLUEPRINT: Full REVIEW...
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2001, 05:03:42 PM »
OK y'all... I reviewed the album but I forgot to review the 2 bonus tracks:
"Lyrical exercise", the 1st one is sure FIRE. Not only is the beat on point but Jigga really SPITS on this one; he doesn't laugh, play, whateva; he SPITS crazy. That's a 4.5/5
"Girls, Girls, Girls" (remix) is waaaaayyyyyyyyyy better than the wack ass main version. THIS should have been the next single and track #4 on the album. A good 4/5.

FINALLY, after a few more spins, I give THE BLUEPRINT 4.25/5 instead of 3.75 But it ain't classic like the Source said... Would have been minus "Girls" (original) and "Jigga that nigga". Still, it's a very very good record... HOLLA!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2001, 11:52:40 AM »
C L A S S I C

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2001, 10:07:34 PM »
classic my ass

1. the ruler's back- inconistant rhymes and overlooped beat--3/5

2. Takeover-Tight Disses mixed with inconsistant rhymes, tight parts with the beat but kayne west will add a whack part to the beat when a tight part kicks in--4/5 (for the tight disses)

3.izzo- 1 word annoying --2.5/5

4. Girls Girls Girls- 1 word classic--5/5

5. jigga that nigga-piece of shit pop track 3/5

6. u don't know--tight solid track 4.5 /5

7. hola hovito--jay-z comes off alright, but VERY disappointing beat by my 2nd fav producer in the industry right now Timbo--3.75/5

8. heart of the city--nothing great but nothing really whack--3.75

9. never change--- a pretty tight track nothing really  :o but nothing really  :-/---3.75

10 song cry---a nice track not classic but tight---4.5/ 5

11. all i need--ok track verry inconsistant---3/5

12. Renegade--TIGHT verse and beat by eminem, jay-z comes off inconsistant though----4/5

13. blueprint---tight song---4.5/5

bounous tracks

whatever the first one is it sucks and i fast forward through this bullshit---2/5

girls girls girls remix----fucked up a classic, for that i can't forgive---1/5

overall a 3. 75 mic album without the bounous tracks and a 3.5 mic album with the bounous tracks

seriously if you put this album in the same category with

Aquemini
The Chronic
Enter the Wu
Straight Outta Compton
Midnight Mirauders
Soul food
ect...

you are simply one big fat fucking FOOOOL!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2001, 06:21:27 AM »
Ok here's my review

Rulers Back - Tight ass beat - "I am young Vito voice of the young people" Tight rhymes - Listen to GZ and Hustlas and Ain't no Fun and they loop more than this beat - Still classic trax - 4 (great start)

Takeover - Chorus is lacking but he rips Nas and destroy's Prodigy - Beat is nice - 3.5

H to the Izzo - Cartoony - nice rhymes tho "Wasn't born hustler but I was birth in 'em" - 3

Girls Girls Girls - Beat is awesome, his rhymes are awesome the track is awesome - 5

Jigga that Nigga - Crap ass track - 1

U Don't Know - Hottest joint on the street right now - Just Blaze is creeping up - his trademark distorted samples kick ass - "I sell fire in hell, I am a hustler baby I sell water to a well" - Whoa - 5

Hola Hovito - Very nice track - Timbaland tries something distant to his normal jumpy poppy dope trax - 4

Heart of the City - This song takes the whole CD takes the rhyming cup takes every accolade it deserves - Jay rips it everytime but still recieves hate. "Damn, where's the love".  H8's - 5

Never Change - Shit this joint is dope - Jay all day - Is it Beanie on the chorus? - 4.5

Song Cry - Nice sampling again - Chorus needed more work - 3.5

All I Need - This and Jigga that Nigga shouldn't have made it on - it's not as bad as Jigga that Nigga but it still ain't up to the standard of this album - 2

Renegade - I don't need to comment - 5
"Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it"  Think about that one

Blueprint - Nice ass dedication - Westwood loves this one - Hot joint - 4

Breathe Easy - Jigga rips it again - Chorus ain't up to it tho-4
"I'm not saying I'm God - but I work God damn hard" - Two meanings and a hotass line - fast forward lyricism like that?

Girls Girls Girls rmx - Oh my God! The first verse is one of the greatest displays of rhyming ever - the woman on the chorus is better than Q Tip, Biz Markie and Slick Rick on the OG - already become an anthem for me and my m8s when we're cruising - great sampling - I once said I'd never do this but I'ma have to - 6

This album is hot - there will always be hataz but Jay is Jay

I'm a fool but I'm skinny as hell - I ain't fat - and still this album is a classic

;)

Everyone has opinions - Don't hate on other opinions and think you're righteous

That's why Muslims hate America :o

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2001, 01:45:50 PM »
The fact that so many people are going out of their way to review this album shows how good it is.  Whether you love it or hate it, you can't ignore it.  Jigga is doing his thing.  ****.5 by the way.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2001, 01:58:01 PM »
Am I the only cat that still has this album in heavy rotation? "Song Cry" is the best song! No actually "Girls, Girls, Girls"!

RivieraIII

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2001, 08:17:15 PM »

Am I the only cat that still has this album in heavy rotation? "Song Cry" is the best song! No actually "Girls, Girls, Girls"!

I still bump Blueprint on the regular (even though I've been blastin GURU for the past 2 days). But I HATE "Girls, Girls, Girls". That's the reason why that album is not a 5/5 in my opinion. It's very well put together though. I luv 98% of it...