Author Topic: TRACK BY TRACK REVIEW of kurupt street iz a mutha  (Read 360 times)

min0rity

TRACK BY TRACK REVIEW of kurupt street iz a mutha
« on: September 16, 2001, 08:57:13 AM »
ok ok let me get started...

SIDE A

1.i call shots-a nice way to start off the album. violent track. kurupt and especially his little brother really rips it on this track produced by organized noise snoop is talking in the intro 4.25 out of 5

2.loose cannons-xzibit is featured on this track as a chorus guest, produced by daz and the beat is the same song from NWA (forgot which song it was) but this song is some violent ass track talking about robbing federal banks and shooting motherfuckers and i think dr.dre is talking in the beginning but i'm not sure kurupt and daz collabo 3 out of 5

3.  who ride wit us-produced by fred wreck tight ass fucking song that you can bump while ridin' in your car this was the second commercial single the beat is very fancy-sounding bad azz on the hook tight kurupt and daz collabo 4.5 out of 5

4.represent that gangsta CRIP!!!-damn the whole DPG family is up in this produced by fred wreck jay-o-felony really shines on this track with the rest with just average flows a pumping up type song snoop is WACK AS FUCK on this track 3.5 out of 5

5.welcome home-produced by soopafly now this song was made for the sunshine state, tight ass beat, kurupt ripping 3 verses, laid-back type of song 4.75 out of 5

6.tequilla-produced by organized noise fast type song- beat is alright fast flows nothing incredible 3 out of 5

7. trylogy-i think they actually made a video for this track but i'm not sure anyways its short but very tight flow by kurupt produced by bink dogg 4.25 out of 5

8.never gonna give it up-produced by meech wells another DPG song warren g was on this but he don't rap that good and snoop is AGAIN WACK AS FUCK ON THIS TRACK it wasn't THAT tight IMO except for beat being funky and all but nothing special 3 out of 5

9.tha street iz a mutha-haha now this is the SHIT tight banging ass beat by daz talks about the reality of street of LA and gangbanging anyways, this is one of the highlight of the album not to mention you bump this in your car, damn that shit sound nice as fuck boom boom-boom-boom boom kurupt and daz collabo  oh yeah this was supposed to be the first original single but it was banned from TV lol 5 out of 5

10. you can' t trust nobody-produced by daz another street song but mostly drugs tight dark beat another kurupt and daz collabo 4 out of 5

SIDE B

1.it ain't about you-produced by soopafly this is the first bitch song which is very unusual for kurupt cuz he loves to talk about fucking hos and whatever but this song is nicely produced sunny laidback beat tray dee comes in nice as usual 4 out of 5

2.girls all pause-the first commercial single produced by bink dogg and to be honest, i ain't feeling this track at all, at first it was catchy but except for the beat its just another bitch song god damn it 2.5 out of 5

3. your gyrlfriend-ANOTHER BITCH SONG GOD FUCKING DAMN IT 1 out of 5 naawww just playing anyways, it was produced by daz and its REALLY nothing special except for the beat being uptempo so 2 out of 5

4.hos a housewife-ANOTHER BITCH SONG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NAW anyways, at least this song was tight produced by dre and all 3 verses came correct (dre, hittman, kurupt) but at this point i'm fucking sick and tired of bitch songs now so 3 out of 5 but i wish we can see the FULL VIDEO OF THIS if there is one as most of ya'll know there was a clip of this song at the up in smoke tour

5.i ain't shit without my homeboyz-now this is defiently one of the best track on the album everybody comes correct on this track (crooked i, baby s, kurupt, soopafly, daz) talking about how they grew up together and that they won't be shit without each other and they also describe their ghetto youth. produced by soopafly and daz with candy-type mellowed out TIGHT FUCKING BEAT with the rock guitar sound at the end make this track a perfect 5 out of 5

6. step up-this is another highlight track this song is for the lyricists i think this was a freestyle but this shit is tight with a battle type beat by daz man i can listen to this song all fucking day with incredible flows by crooked i , kurupt, and x to tha z 5 out of 5

7.live on the mic(bonus)-produced by soopafly and i think the beat is the same from escape from death row soundtrack song that soopafly is on but i'm not sure anyways, i think this is another freestyle with kurupt and KRSONE trading lines and this is very tight I THINK KRS DISSES FOXY BROWN ON THIS TRACK 4.5 out of 5

8. another bonus track CALLING OUT NAMES!!!!!-HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA this song is tightly produced by fred wreck with kurupt dissing the shit out of dmx, foxy, ja rule, drag-on, ruff ryders ya know!!! "if it wasn't for the west these rap niggaz wouldn't need a vest around they chest" by xzibit 5 out of 5

overall this album is mos def 3.75 if not 4 there was several low points to this album (mostly bitch songs) but this is made for underground, not a single commercial track on this album IMO there might've been commercial artists on it but the song concept was defiently focused on ghetto and gangsta shit must have if you like that west coast sounds and its powerful gangsta lyrics, definetly an dramatic improvement from his first album kuruption and to me this album and the space boogie album is on the same level anyways, just cuz an album doesn't sell, don't rate albums by their figures rate with skillz.FUCK DMX JA RULE AND NELLY AND THE ST.LUNATICS PERFECT EXAMPLE

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re: TRACK BY TRACK REVIEW of kurupt street iz a mu
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2001, 09:31:58 AM »
I think "Never gonna give it up" should be more than 3/5.......I mean tha beat's tight and tray deee puts it down, and Nate dogg's chorus is REAL catchy.........

But anywayz good review............Im fuckin SICK & TIRED of these Bitch songs too, they neva change their wayz, space boogie had hella bitch related shit too, dats wat ruins it sometimes, 1 or 2 songs bout bithes and hos is aiight, but when 1/2 of tha album is based on dat, then dat means Kurupt aint got otha shit 2 talk bout........
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

min0rity

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2001, 11:49:04 AM »
yo bigjake thanks for the pics man appreciated

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2001, 01:59:04 PM »
Why was Streetz Iz A mutha video banned from TV, i've seen it, and it aint that bad...
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

Murrow

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2001, 12:50:17 PM »
Check out my personal review of this album @ wckillaz...tell me what y'all think.

Dogg Sinatra

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2001, 03:26:36 AM »
Snoop is tight on both Represent Dat G.C and Neva Gonna Give It Up IMO          :) ;) :D ;D
"OL' BLUE EYEZ DOGG SINATRA MAKE A NIGGA DISAPPEAR LIKE JIMMY HOFFA..."

"GUESS WHO'S BACK IN THA MUTHAFUCKIN' HOUSE WITH A FAT DICK FOR YOUR MUTHAFUCKIN' MOUTH..."

DPGC2001

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2001, 05:52:15 PM »
I agree about the bitch songs but this album is most def a 4.5/5 IMO...Snoop came good I thought on Represent that GC and Never gonna give you up is hella dope...Kurupt for the most part ripped the mic on this CD unlike the DPG album and Space Boogie where he only comes tight on a few tracks...I can still listen to this Cd all way through 2 years later it has much better replay value than Space Boogie which is already out of my rotation...

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2001, 09:07:08 PM »
This CD is one of my Favorites an one of tha best to come out of tha west in while,  to many bitch songs though,  thats my only complaint

CHEF_RAEKWON

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2001, 04:53:05 AM »
your gyrl friend is one of the best on the album,
behind
trylogy
step
tha streetz iz a mutha
callin' out names