Author Topic: DILLINGER & YOUNG GOTTI REVIEW motherfuckerz  (Read 947 times)

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
DILLINGER & YOUNG GOTTI REVIEW motherfuckerz
« on: September 14, 2001, 08:10:20 PM »
DPG – Dillinger & Young Gotti – 2001

All lead raps: Daz Dillinger & Kurupt
All female hooks: Tanya Herron courtesy of Dean’s List
All production: Daz Dillinger & Mike Dean (including Blaqtoven on #9 and #14)

1.      Intro – A plain beat depicting Mafioso lifestyle courtesy of Mike Dean. Electric guitar lurks somewhere in tha bacccground. Daz & Kurupt  just dwell upon longevity in the rap game and about giving no fucc about a hoe. They represent that G shit, yeah – 3,5
2.      Dipp Wit Me (f/ RBX) – A perfect track to start an album. The beat is decent and leaves no doubts of G origin. The bass gives no chance to avoid the heat of the song – you just listen up to the end just to feel and feel the bass. The production is enhanced comparing  to the track on 2002 album. Tanya Herron does a good job enhancing the chorus (as she does on the whole album, lets give props to her right now). Daz & Kurupt shine like they should, Kurupt gives a special example of his fabulous wordplay. RBX just closes the song with G-style adlibs – the only thing he’s capable of nowadays. – 4,0
3.      We Livin Gangsta Like (f/ Xzibit) – This song is like climbing up a mountain – every new step enters a new horizon. Xzibit starts off heatedly, Daz continues by pushin rhymes on how life is, and Gotti is like “Im G, and U aint, I can, and U cant” damn that’s gangsta. The chorus is Kurupt and Tanya trading lines. Overall way better than the 2002 version, a thousand times better. – 4,5
4.      Coastin’ – This could be a dope single if the distribution would be decent. Beat is uptempo, very futuristic, bass is simple but rather deep, synthetic sounds vary from low to extremely high so that u can feel the versatility of the production. What’s disappointing is the lyrics. They’re all designed to stick inside ya head, so they have no actual meaning. Chorus is just a mixing of different two-syllable verbs: “Motion, coastin, postin, poppin, dippin, sippin, hoppin, droppin, foes” – I cant get that shit. But the beat saves all, it can deal with Timbaland even (in futurism). – 4,0
5.      We About To Get Fucc’d Up – Usually, weed songs are designed to get u high. But this song is HARD. It turns the phrase We About To Get Fucc’d Up into a menace, like it’s smth frightening in getting fucked up. A unusual feeling gets this a 4,5
6.      Gitta Strippin – this song is rather laid back and REALLY nothing special. A strip club shit. – 3,0
7.      Work Dat Pussy – again a hoe song, but at least the beat is very special. I really feel sorry that such a raw and rugggid beat was used for such dumb lyrics. Somehow the beat reminds me of ODB’s “The Stomp” – really raw. The bitches don’t really deserve this kinda dedication. – 3,5
8.      Party At My house – YET another unserious track, but it really doesn’t deal with bitches only. It’s a party track that’s designed to make u feel good. The beat is pretty fast, and u slightly bob ya head and start to sing the hook with Tanya Herron. – 4,0
9.      You’re Jus A BITCH – What the FUCC? Another track about some bomb azz pussy? I would say I’m getting kinda fed up if I didn’t know whats in the 2nd part of the album. But oh well, the beat on this one is really shiny, u can quite feel Cali heat thru yo speakers. Kurupt really outshines Daz on this one by fitting as much words in a line as possible: “Put it in perspective, all she wanna do is eat some/ Put it in perspective, all the bullet do is feed some/ Put it in perspective, all I wanna do is beat some/ So before I beat it, you can eat it, bitch” – a pretty good one. If it wasn’t a 4th song in a row about hoez, I would give it more, but – 3,5
10.      Treat Her Like A Lady – Well, don’t be confused of the title. Itz not about a lady, itz about a BITCH. If u a young unpatient fellow, you’d say FUCK that and eject the CD. But wait until the next track and just relax to this smooth shit. – 3,5
11.      At Night – Itz not the best song off the CD, but at least this is the tracc where all female stuff ends and where the MALE stuff begins, the real shit begins. While 1st part of the album was majorical & shiny, this shit is minorical (humble) and cold. U ask me bout the lyrix? Heh, str8 G shit! – 4,0
12.      Best Run (f/ Beanie Sigel & Roscoe) – I really like that Roc-A –Fella guy Beanie. He’s the only one of that camp that’s more on raw shit than some retarded mainstream shit. So, he fits perfectly on this serious and thoughtful track, with the melody that’s just cryin’ like a man that just lost his friend, if u know what I’m talking bout. I mean this melody really cries. – 4,8
13.      Shit Happenz – One of the slowest trax on the whole album, with professional Tanya moaning in the bacc ground and surprisingly fast rhyme busting from Daz & Kurupt. – 4,0
14.      My Heart Don’t Pump No Fear (f/ Slip Capone) – Truly, the first song on the album that makes me shout out YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! every time I hear the first beatpunch. The beat here begins slow and then grows into a very uptempo one with piano in the background and Blaqtoven moaning. Kurupt: “Tell my momma and my daddy and my daughters by/ But pops died with no fear see there's no reason to cry/ I'm a burn the house down bust around 20 rounds/ Around and around hollow hideous hellhounds”. Capone works well as always, no flaws. I swear yall I shout the chorus out every single time I turn this shit up, and I always whistle with  Daz in the outro. I don’t give a fucc whatchyall say I give it a 5,0.
15.      There’s Someway Out – Damn, Daz & Kurupt are some grown ass men. U know, when u a youngster, sometimes u feel like itz better 2 die than 2 try 2 survive the life situationz. But this song, in its simplicity & wisdom, will save many dozens of lives with lines like “There’s no way out, thru all the hurt and the pain, the fears and the doubt/  But if u look the other route then u’ll find ouuuuuuut/ U can do it homey, there’s some way out”. Indeed, genius lurks within the simplicity. And I promise u’ll repeat these lines with Daz like always. Damn, this track makes me loze a tear sometimes. – 4,9999999999
16.      Here We Are Go Killem (Daz solo) – Well, it cant get more gangsta than this one. When Daz delivers the 1st verse u just sayWell yeah, a dope song. But wait until the chorus. “Here we are, and there they are, go killem, KILLEM, K I L L E M!!!!!” Man this shit is unstoppable. Murder type shit. Daz in his superiority. – 4,5
17.      I’ma Gangsta (Kurupt solo) – First of all, that’s bullshit. U cant be a  artist and a criminal at the same time. U can only reprazent the G shit, not be it , right?  Second, lyrically Kurupt didn’t try much, just laid down some G lyrix. Daz’s beat captures much more attention than Kurupt’s wordplay. – 3,5
18.      How Many? – Another song that you wont even notice. Well, if it was a 12-tracc CD, it would be a nice menace song, but inbetween 21 traccs itz just lost. – 3,5
19.      C-Walkin Cha Cha Cha – People hate on this song but I cant get why. Itz GOOD! The main advantage is that the beat differs MUCH from what ‘s previous to it. Daz performs a pretty fucked up chorus like he always does…….. Damn, the beat growz on me like a motherfucker! “I'm about to drop the bomb, nigga load the clip/ (The motherfuckin G's back in the bietch)”.  Itz damn short but really outstanding – 4,5
20.      D.P.G. – Tracks that actually have no name gather no attention, but I tell you that this one is really wellcrafted, and reprazent the duo like no other tracc on this CD would. Lookin at the chorus, this track should be named “Too Much”. A really nice conclusion, believe me. – The beat reminds me of New York, New York song. – 4,5
21.      Outro – same beat as intro. “We drop so much shit on yall u niggaz don’t really know what time it is right now!” Daz, u can’t be more right than that! – 4,0

Overall, this CD gets a 7/10 from me. The main idea is, Daz & Kurupt wanted to make it a 2part CD – first part happy, second part humble. Instead of that they made 1st part for bitches (I mean tracks ## 4-10) AND 2ND part for guys (with tracks ## 2 and 3). Daz once said they recorded like 70 songs and then just picked out the best ones. This shows what a hard workers they are. The feeling you get upon listening to this is FRESH. You cant get a more fresh and up-to-date sound than this one. Dillinger & Young Gotti is like an example of everything new and upbringing in the rap industry. This is the main reason it just beats  the fuckin hell outa that 2002 bullshit compilation.

And u know, some aged rappers nowadays release albums that sound like their careers’ caskets. Well, this shit is 180 degree opposite, it makes u feel quite happy that Daz & Kurupt are all-fuccin-right and makes u wait til the next DPG release. Aint nothing more refreshing than this shit. Daz will make money with CDs like this even if theres absolutely NO distribution.

If some of yall still doubt the shit, quit that immediately and BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And oh yeah, the design is in no way shitty like on RAW, itz a quality CD, man.

I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
Re: DILLINGER & YOUNG GOTTI REVIEW motherfuckerz
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2001, 09:13:33 PM »
How Many is dope kid...no matter how many songs is on that cd...but dope review, i felt pretty much the same way u felt on the cd...Too much BITCH shit ya'kno'...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2001, 09:13:37 PM »
Good review,  Im really feelin there's someway out an c walkin cha cha cha,  DPG is phat diss song to bad no1 knows who exactly there dissin,  most say it mobb deep,  Gangsta life an there some way out r proberly my favorite songs on here

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2001, 09:14:39 PM »
Ohhh...and if there is one complaint about Daz's shit, is that the Chorus' are alotta times fucked up...lil' fucked up voices and shit ya kno...
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

Murrow

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2001, 04:35:41 AM »
Dipp Wit Me - 4/5
We Livin Gangsta Like - 4.5/5
Coastin - 4/5
We About To Get Fucced Up - 4/5
Gitta Strippin - 4/5
Work Dat Pussy - 2/5
Party At My House - 4.5/5
Your Jus A BITCH - 4.5/5
Treat Her Like A Lady - 4.5/5
At Night - 4/5
Best Run - 4.5/5
Shit Happenz - 4/5
My Heart Don't Pump No Fear - 4.5/5
There's Some Way Out - 4/5
Here We Are Go Killem- 4/5
I'ma Gangsta - 3/5
How Many - 3/5
C-Walkin Cha-Cha-Cha - 4/5
D.P.G. - 4.5/5

Overall - 8/10

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2001, 09:49:10 PM »
Nice review Wolf

The only tracks I felt were:

Dipp Wit Me
We Livin Gangsta Like
Coastin
Party At My House
At Night, Best Run
Shit Happenz
My Heart Don't Pump No Fear
There's Some Way

The rest bored me.

6.5/10

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2001, 12:10:55 AM »
dope review

Good review

Nice review Wolf

thank you thank you thank you  :D

RZA in DO U

Dogg Sinatra

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2001, 03:18:37 AM »
There' Someway Out=5/5
C-L-A-S-S-I-C
:) ;) :D ;D

"OL' BLUE EYEZ DOGG SINATRA MAKE A NIGGA DISAPPEAR LIKE JIMMY HOFFA..."

"GUESS WHO'S BACK IN THA MUTHAFUCKIN' HOUSE WITH A FAT DICK FOR YOUR MUTHAFUCKIN' MOUTH..."

DPGC2001

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2001, 05:44:25 PM »
Dope review...I'd give it a 8/10 but i'm a huge DPG fan so my opinion might be a little biased...I agree too much pussy songs in a row in the 1st half of the album but it was just good to hear some fresh new shit from the Dogg Pound...

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2001, 10:20:11 AM »
Ohhh...and if there is one complaint about Daz's shit, is that the Chorus' are alotta times fucked up...lil' fucked up voices and shit ya kno... >>

I love when they make their voices all high like that.  That's the most gangsta sounding thing ever.  Even Jagged Edge steals it on "Wheres the party at".  Daz said they were supposed to be on the remix, but instead JE and So So Def just blatantly ripped off their sound.  Supposedly Daz aint mad..but who knows?

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2001, 05:54:15 AM »
Ay, how come that a high pitched voice is gangsterish? I cant get it, dude.
RZA in DO U

Smooth

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2001, 12:11:41 PM »
Nice review hommie... id give it an 8/10

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0