Author Topic: Training Day Soundtrack (First Listen Review)  (Read 473 times)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Training Day Soundtrack (First Listen Review)
« on: September 16, 2001, 10:32:26 AM »

1. Keep Your Eyes Open (Film Dialogue)

2. Krumbsnatcha feat. M.O.P.- Wolves- this track has a tight beat and some good lyrics, it's something i definately woundn't skip over but something that alot of people might not find appealing because it's mop. it's a decent track, 3.5/5

3. Golden State feat. Xzibit- Bounce, Rock, Golden State- a tight ass beat and production by Battlecat. definately gonna be a song that peeps on the westcoast'll be bumpin for sure. good bassline, tight chorus, and good lyrics, 4/5

4. Dr.Dre & Dj Quik feat. Mimi- Put It On Me- the beat from the start sounds aight but nothing dope. the lyrics to this song are shitty expecially Dre's bits. the production is obviously real good but the song isn't, lack of a good chorus and shit that you really don't wanna hear make for this long anticipated dre and quik collabo a disappointing song, 3/5

5. Nelly- #1- i am not a nelly fan whatsoever lets get that clear but this song definately appeals to me as a better than normal nelly song. i actually listen to it and like the beat although the lyrics corny as usual "you couldn't hold me if your last name was hand", don't really ruin the track. i like the chorus, and i really like the bassline, the only downside is nelly, 3.5/5.

6. Pharoahe Monch- Fuck You- damn this song sounds ill as fuck. the chorus is dynamite to say the least. the beat is ill and the little guitar riffs make it harder than your regular song, this shit is a head bobber. great bassline and great sound. almost sounds like something you'd hear on a Jimmy Hendrix song. best song on this cd so far, 4.5/5

7. C-Murder & Trick Daddy- Watch The Police- a remake of fuck the police. the beat is real similar. it's just a remake. these two can't reamake a classic nwa song, 2/5

8. The Lox- Dirty Ryders- real good beat on this one although simple, you like the lox than you are gonna like this one. it's not an awesome track but not a bad track, the lyrics are normal lox shit. the chorus is on point by jadakiss. 3/5

9. Napalm- Crooked Cop- the beat is alright and i don't like the sound of this dudes voice and i also don't like his flow so i really don't like this song, it's a skipper to me. the chorus sucks. 2/5

10. P.Diddy & Bad Boy Family feat. David Bowie- American Dream- the beat sucks, the song sucks, fuck it, 1.5/5

11. Cypress Hill feat. Kokane- Greed- it's an alright track, nothing special, just a filler. 3/5

12. The Clipse feat. The Neptunes- Guns N' Roses- typical sounding neptunes song. the song is nothing special. this soundtrack is beginning to appear to me as a waste of money. 2.5/5

13. Gang Starr- Tha Squeeze- well guru and premier sound good on this track. a decent beat with a good flow and a good chorus but still isn't dope enough to save this soundtrack at this point. 3.5/5

14. King Jacob & Professor- Let Us Go- ahhh, not another shitty song at this point im pissed and advising y'all not to pick up this cd. baddd song. 2/5

15. Roscoe- Training Day (In My Hood)- i know it's kurupt's brother but damn it sounds alot like daz. this song is dope as has a real bouncy sound to it. westcoast for yall. decent chorus. 3.5/5

16. Soldier B- Protect Your Head- good beat, but sounds too much like he's trying to be like bone but doing a bad job at it. not a very good song. 2.5/5

17. Wolf Or Sheep (Film Score)- just an ending.

baddddd baddddd cd, do not get it, complete disappointment. i'm glad i got it for a real cheap price. but i still might take it back. 4.5/10
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

min0rity

Re: Training Day Soundtrack (First Listen Review)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2001, 11:50:35 AM »
yo i thought they had 2pac and snoop tracks thats what it had on the advertisement
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2001, 02:01:06 PM »
Im Glad i didnt cop that ish...AlerG...U just saved me some money...
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

Murrow

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2001, 12:49:16 PM »
My evaluation of "Put It On Me":

Dre's first verse was aight, but his second one; the way he came in sucked.  Same with Quik, though his raps were a lil better.  The beat is good, and it get's better with the UFO sounding keys when Mimi's hook comes around.  Her chrous ain't bad.

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2001, 10:07:39 AM »
Alergy perferred the Nelly song over the DJ Quik/Dre collaboration.  BWHAHAHHAHAHAHA

The little credibility that was there is now officially gone.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2001, 02:19:46 PM »
whatever dogg, the Dre/quik track was far from impressive and easy to forget...i don't like nelly at all and i made that clear but the song caught my ear, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :