Author Topic: Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha  (Read 2254 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha
« on: September 21, 2001, 10:51:50 PM »
This Is Out Of 5
Kurupt-Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha

1.I Call Shots
featuring Snoop Dogg,Roscoe
Produced by Organized Noize Productions
Snoop does a nice lil DP style intro
and a decent beat kicks in and Kurupt rips up the first 2 verses with few inconsistent moments
then Roscoe comes and is more consistently dope then Kurupt but Kurupt delivered and flowed his dope mom-
-ents a bit better,i really wish this was a solo and Kurupt ripped a 3rd verse and Roscoe drop this verse like on
"step up" or something,would be perfect anyway if the beat was very dope but the beat is just good,
not bad at all but west coast production is just so much more potent then this melody lacking track.-4.4
2.Loose Cannons
featuring Daz Dillinger
Produced by Dr.Dre & DJ Yella(Daz Dillinger & Blaqtoven)
2 N.W.A samples here,one vocal Dre sample from S.O.C. and the beat is a rip off of "Quiet On Tha Set"
one of the best beats from SOC but i ain't complainin,Daz and Blaq used it well,Kurupt and Daz have decent
but their flow styles voices deliveries and chemistry together is FANTASTIC as usual with Tha Pound,
they describe a violent bank robbery and leave you in awe of how dope Tha Pound,great track,oh yeah
Xzibit lays a dope hook and additional vocals too,nice and concise,very good,but the lyrics could have
used some work.-4.4
3.Who Ride Wit Us
additional vocals Bad Azz,Dimen,Blaqtoven
featuring Daz Dillinger
Produced by Fred Wreck
additional keys Daz Dillinger,Blaqtoven
Nice funky bouncy,synthesized dopely ass beat,Kurupt and Daz come with above average lyrics throughout
about 3/4 of the song,the rest are okay,but their flows and chemistry together is awesome as usual
the hook is catchy and nice,but not much else to the song,very good but not perfect,nothing new,and not much
substance but more than sufficientl serves it purpose,oh and a funny ass skit between this song and the next
track LOL
4.Represent Dat G.C.
featuring Daz Dillinger,Snoop Dogg,Jay-O-Felony,Butch Cassidy,Soopafly,Tray Deee
additional vocals/talk box Battlecat
additional programming by Soopafly
Produced by Fred Wreck
Wrecktifyin lays a nice bouncy funky beat,man this boy listened to "Cyco-Lic-No"
waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too much back in the day,Fred Wreck's whole style (up until space boogie)
was based on Dogg Food's "Cyco Lic No",i ain't complainin tho,dope beat.Everybody flows and voices
their shit dope.Inconsistent lyrics but even those are good at times,over-all enjoyable Dogg Pound Thang
but the lyrics are inconsistent in quality and the beat could have been better-4.3
5.Welcome Home
additional vocals Daz Dillinger,Soopafly
featuring Latoya Williams
Produced by Soopafly
Soopafly lays a sunny cali soundscape,Kurupt s good here but he's inconsistent as hell
this is a good track but Kurupt could have done so much better,he wasted mucho moments here,
this track,like "New York,New York" is very overrated but still dope.-4
6.Tequilla
featuring Daz Dillinger,T-Moe,Niva
Produced by Organized Noize Productions
Niva lays a decent hook,ONP lays a good beat,T-Moe,Daz ,and Kurupt all flow dope and have moments
of good lyrical exhibitions,just like a "the hood is hard don't fuck wit!" type song but executed well,dark
mooded but Daz and T-Mo have a good humor and light-hearted styles.Beat and chorus could have been b-
-etter as well as the lyrics consistency of quality but nothing reall wrong,Daz' really shines here,and all flows
and delivery's dope-4
7.Trylogy
produced by Bink Dogg
This track is a very misconceived one.
Many people say it's called trylogy because it's 3 verses,not so...listen,it's one verse.
also,he comes very lyrically equipped in like 60% of this shit,alot of his lyrics are either weak or repetitious
but he comes well lyrically over-all and his flow delivery energy and voice are extremely dope.Very very
hyped,and dope ass beat from Bink Dogg...my dad knows the classical piece this shit samples too...i forgot tho
...-4.8
8.Neva Gonna Give It Up
featuring 213,Soopafly,Tray Deee
Produced by Meech Wells
Dope ass funky dark beat from Meech,hyped as hell
Kurupt comes off well on the frst verse,lyrically decent,and flow and energy are great.
Nate's hook is infectious and well done.Warren G's verse is very sufficient,cool as hell,Nate's verse is smooth
and gangsta and all that other good shit that Nate brings to a DP track.That's why i get pissed
that he makes himself an industry Ho,he's so great when he's just fuckin wit tha pound.
Snoop RIPS this shit in a way Doggystyle didn't even see him do it,not exactly better than doggystyle flows
but certainly on par with many and he comes off angry and dark in this track which isn't very common with
Snoop.Tray Deee and Soopafly come in the end to fuck it up too and they rip it like DAMN!!! If Daz was in this
shit and Kurupt ripped it lyrically it'd be perfect,-4.9
9.Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha
Produced by Daz Dillinger,Blaqtoven
additional vocals Charlie Wilson
featuring Daz Dillinger
Dope dope dope dope beat,funky and dark of course,brutal street description,
dope chemistry voice and delivery,the flows and lyrics are good too and shine more at moments then others
and Wilsons soulful vocals are welcome additions.you hear somehtin new each time you listen to this
street anthem.-4.7
10.Ya Can't Trust Nobody
featuring Daz Dillinger
Produced by Daz Dillinger,Soopafly,Blaqtoven
Funky light Sunny Cali beat,Daz and Kingpin rap great and are nice lyrically
short and sweet,talkin about drug dealin and life in the hood but well executed so not boring and shit.
and catchy ass hook.
One of my faves.-5
11.It Ain't About You
additional vocals Blaqtoven,Latoya Williams
featuring Tray Deee,Soopafly
Toi's singing is a great addition to the melodical elements of this production.
3 DPG's smoothly talking pimp shit,all are real tight here,yeah the ho subject is sickening these days
but they do it so damn well on this here album,ya can't resist,dope funky beat as well but could
have been better along with the lyrics(Kurupt's inconsistency fucking blows)and topic-4
12.Girls All Pause
produced by Bink Dogg
featuring Nate Dogg,Roscoe
nice funky beat, but i don't like the pauses all through it,i'd rather a flowing beat ya dig?
either way Kurupt and Roscoe flow great here,have good lyrics pretty much and Nate is great as ever
but Kurupt disappoints lyrically at points and the beat is too choppy for my liking,still great-4
13.Your Gyrl Friend
featuring Daz Dillinger
Produced By Daz Dillinger,Blaqtoven
Daz and Blaq lay a "What Would U Do?" styled beat which is very good,nice melodies
and bassline,just one of the best beats on the album really,Kurupt's flow is nice and has good lyrics at times
kind of sick but really one of the better ho songs from the latter half of the 90's,and of course Daz's vocals
are a nice sprinkle of flavor.Kurupt needs to get his ass in gear and rip every track of a strictly dpg/dre/quik
produced album...-4
14.Ho's A HouseWife
featuring Hittman,Dr.Dre
Produced by Dr.Dre
I like the 2001 version better because there's a melodic whistle at the chorus in this one and it fucks it up for
me,Dre redid his vocal kinda cool.very smooth funk track,and Kurupt steals the show like he should,
all deliver well.Kurupt's lyrics are decent but his smooth voice delivery and flow is what make him star
of this trackCoulda had better lyrics and dre shouldn't have tinkered with the beat or done a completely
new beat or some shit along those lines.still..enough with the hoes...-4.2
15.I Ain't Shit Without My Homeboyz
featuring Daz Dillinger,Soopafly,Crooked I,Baby S
additional vocals Latoya Williams,Charlie Wilson
Produced by Daz Dillinger,Soopafly
Great eveything,lyrics talking about real friends and growing up in the hood,and everyone rips it,
dope funky beat,great guitar utilizations,and Toi and Charlie Wilson are great singers.Only could have
asked for Snoop and Tray Deee here too but even there absence don't take away from this dopeness-5
16.Step Up
featuring Xzibit,Daz Dillinger,Crooked I
Battlecat on the cut
Produced by Daz Dillinger
Nice hip-hop spirited beat.Daz's vocals are cool,all rip it but sadly Kurupt is outhsined but his dope moments
on this track are among the best.Battlecats DJing is great as well.Nice nice nice track,but Kurupt needs to
take charge of posse cuts.-4.85
17.Live On The Mic
featuring KRS-One
Produced by Soopafly
dope freestyle cut with Krs and Rup,KRS is better lyrically but Kurupt sonically is just as good as KRS here
with like flow delivery etc.,nice lil beat too,catchy,hip-hop,great cut.-4
18.Callin' Out Names
Produced by Fred Wreck
Fire,hyped ass diss track,lyrically Kurupt is good but inconsistent,but he maintains malice in his voice
and great flow voice and delivery.One of Fred's dopest beats.Yall know this track,just great great shit
even though Kurupt isn't perfect lyrically but damn this track is on another level,great way it all ends and shit
..fuck,yall know about this track...i don't gotta go farther...and if you wanna know..."Kurupt said it and i'm callin
out names"...great samples and shit too...fire,doggz,fire-5
Inconsistent lyrically,production stellar but could have been better a few times,Great guest roster,Dogg Pound
gangstaz puttin it down simply put.Classic in my opinion,very fresh sounding,we least expected this to be but
damn this is as good as fogg food imo.damn i'm losing it,i normally would make this part longer but damn i'm
fallin asleep...this is another piece of the puzzle that contributed to Kurupt being my favorite MC.Classic i think,
indisputably a WEST COAST classic tho,not one track less than 4..come on now.....-4.8

yo Jiggiziddy Jeeyaiyake Dooogggg hook that dome piece up

peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

min0rity

Re: Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2001, 04:12:06 AM »
can't you see i JUST did a review??? dumbass
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2001, 09:05:22 AM »
the whole reason i did a review of it was because yours was wwwaaaaaaaaaayyyy off in my opinion..i mean come on now..you said snoop came whack on "neva gonna give it up"...can you say "hater"? I mean i know snoop has come whack alot,i ain't no dick rider,i only have 2 of his damn albums! but i mean damn dude,it is all about opinion though,but in my opinion your review was way the fuck off,so i decided to set shit straight to my liking LOL.PEACE-Tanjint

westcoastavengers.com

Murrow

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2001, 10:30:27 AM »
Minority-
It's good to see different perspectives, so it's better to have more than one review.  I like to see what everyone thinks...I got a "Streetz Iz A Mutha" Review over @ wckillaz, I'd like to post it but I can't get to it.

min0rity

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2001, 11:50:26 AM »

the whole reason i did a review of it was because yours was wwwaaaaaaaaaayyyy off in my opinion..i mean come on now..you said snoop came whack on "neva gonna give it up"...can you say "hater"? I mean i know snoop has come whack alot,i ain't no dick rider,i only have 2 of his damn albums! but i mean damn dude,it is all about opinion though,but in my opinion your review was way the fuck off,so i decided to set shit straight to my liking LOL.PEACE-Tanjint

WTF?? if my shit was WAYYYYY OFF how come most of the tracks that i did you agreed on????

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2001, 01:28:42 PM »
this cd was a 4/5, kurupts best cd and a tight cd but not classic...close to a westcoast classic though, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2001, 09:40:04 PM »
good review man.. its alwasy good to have more than 1 review oftha same album to see different peoples perspective.. but i agree more on this one.. and hell yeah this is a tight album

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2001, 12:21:23 AM »
i don't mind if there is more than one topic of the same review, but i prefer it if you just re-review it in the first topic  underneath the other persons review....becuase i'm a lazy mexican and it iritates me to get the album cover to a cd that has already been hooked up

you don't have do just reply to the topic go ahead and make another topic /review about it if you need to feel special lol, it just makes my life easier

and oh yeah nice reivew Tanj

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Doggystylin

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2001, 12:39:10 AM »
LOL^^  ;D

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2001, 06:51:00 AM »
okay i exaggerrated with "way off" because you attacked me..but i did strongly disagree with a considerable amount of what you said though,but fuck it man,PEACE-Tanjint

westcoastavengers.com

DPGC2001

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2001, 02:51:31 PM »
This album is the best album to come out of the West Coast since 1999...I agree with most of the review and I agree that Snoop was dope on the 2 cuts he was on...I still listen to this album today without skipping a song...I don't know if this album is as good as Dogg Food which is one of the best gangsta rap albums of all-time but I'd give this album at least a 4/5 maybe even a 4.5/5...It's the only Kurupt album I own I haven't heard Kuruption but I've heard Space Boogie and that album can't touch Streetz...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2001, 02:00:27 PM »
minority-

tanjint ain't dissing you and you took what he said wrong ...stop trying to turn an album dissucion board into a "oh you're just a snoop dickrider" board....are there snoop dick riders on this board YES and they're annoying...but is Tanjint a snoop dick rider NOOOOO...dude only owns 2 snoop albums and doesn't even really like snoop that much cuz not only are you fucking with a valid poster, your're fucking with my probably my best friend on this board...and i ain't gonna allow that shit

and you can call me big fake doggy dogg all you want cuz i could really give 2 shits what you call me ...words ain't hurting me, and especially a weak adlib like "fake" ain't hurting me none

just talk about this album ...

min0rity

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2001, 02:46:35 PM »

minority-

tanjint ain't dissing you and you took what he said wrong ...stop trying to turn an album dissucion board into a "oh you're just a snoop dickrider" board....are there snoop dick riders on this board YES and they're annoying...but is Tanjint a snoop dick rider NOOOOO...dude only owns 2 snoop albums and doesn't even really like snoop that much cuz not only are you fucking with a valid poster, your're fucking with my probably my best friend on this board...and i ain't gonna allow that shit

and you can call me big fake doggy dogg all you want cuz i could really give 2 shits what you call me ...words ain't hurting me, and especially a weak adlib like "fake" ain't hurting me none

just talk about this album ...

yo don't you got nothing better to do then moderate? do you have a life? and didn't i tell you long time ago to stop abusing your mod powers? BTW i never actually DISSED him i was pissed cuz i JUST did a good review on the kurupt album and he disrespects me by doing one couple days later, and he basically said everything i said before about the album "EXCEPT" for the snoop part, thats the main reason why i'm saying there is too many snoop's dickriders in here, now do you understand where i'm coming from dogg?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2001, 04:03:54 PM »
dude,Jake has a life,he only posted like twice in this topic,he just does his job well,dude's on less than me and i ain't even on much? Proof? Look at how many posts i have,and i've been here within the first 4 days of thsi forums existence ,not even a  thousand yet...but i ain't trippin,i'll admit it man,You're a good poster and even back in the days when you said some shit i disagreed with on 2001 forum i respected you for being a real head and knowing your shit.I wasn't dissing you with that man,i just felt compelled to put my opinion into the mix when i saw your review.is that so wrong to disagree?whatever man,let's forget it,peace-Tanjint

westcoastavengers.com

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2001, 09:38:34 PM »

yo don't you got nothing better to do then moderate? do you have a life? and didn't i tell you long time ago to stop abusing your mod powers? BTW i never actually DISSED him i was pissed cuz i JUST did a good review on the kurupt album and he disrespects me by doing one couple days later, and he basically said everything i said before about the album "EXCEPT" for the snoop part, thats the main reason why i'm saying there is too many snoop's dickriders in here, now do you understand where i'm coming from dogg?

whatever minority
you don't intimidate me and fail to offend me (i've been online a total of an hour today, practiced with my band and hung out with a couple of chicks, did some producing in my friends dad's studio, went to 3 job interviews and busted my ass off in school for 7 hours so i don't know how that gives me no life)

if trying to regulate a post to stick to the purpose of it is considered bad moderating in your little opinion i could care less, becuase i'm just doing the job overseer gave me...and you're the only one complaining about my moderating really

and if you look at my first post it clearly says i don't really want more than one topic about the same album  and to put in your own review in the first post if you disagree....but if you feel the need to make another topic about it i'm fine with that too...don't take stuff so far up the ass man

NOW........EVERYONE stick to the topic at hand NO MORE DISSING or arguing, this is a discussion of the album "THE STREETZ IZ A MUTHA" not useless squabble---anything that doesn't pertain to this album from my point of view will be delted