Author Topic: You opinions: Jurassic 5  (Read 208 times)

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You opinions: Jurassic 5
« on: June 28, 2004, 09:03:07 AM »
Hey guys..everyone talks about rappers and how good people like , 50 Cent Lloyd Banks, The Game, etc etc etc, but at times, i think these guys are just wannabe gangsta, no talent, well produced poofs....

When i saw J5 live..they have talent, and are very entertaining...

What stops a talented group like that making it to the big time..? lack of marketing? Lack of pop'ish hits?
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Re: You opinions: Jurassic 5
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 09:09:37 AM »
Excellent topic.

J5 is real westcoast Hip Hop, that album they dropped a few years ago is a classic. I actually think they did pretty much, "blow up" back then, they certainlky hit Europe with theyre releases, and MTV with the single. I liked theyre funky vibe.

Come to think of it, have you heard of, Ugly Ducking from Long Beach? You may like them if you like J5. . .

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 09:11:38 AM »
WHAT ABOUT HIEROGLYPHICS , ZION I , ETC.? IT'S CUZ THESE GUYS THAT VISIT FORUMS LIKE THIS AND WCRYDAZ ONLY LISTEN TO WESTSIDE GANGSTA SHIT  :o

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 09:16:49 AM »
Not necessarily, I know Overseer, Myself and few other cats here like HIEROGLYPHICS. Im sure there are a lot of heads here that dont post often that like that underground music too. But I feel what your saying Lil HD. . .

I dont really listen to that kind of music anymore. I used to be a big Declaime fan.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 09:37:41 AM »
Yeah, Jurassic 5 is definately cool. Not my favourite group, I'm one of those guys who prefer the gangsta shit, but they're good, no doubt. I got no idea why them (or groups like them) aren't making it big though. Must be 'cause of the labels, marketing or something.

OR, what another reason that just popped in my head might be the cause is this - they really have no image. Think about it. They really don't have a sharp image that even could be marketed. Think of artists and how they're marketed - that guy is the gangsta, that guy is the playa, that guy is the pimp, that guy is the ladies man, that guy is the voice of the streets, that guy is all about the parties, that guy is one crazy mofo and so on. What are Jurrassic 5 about? The artform? The streets? Are they on the educating tip? Or is it just having fun? I got their album "Power In Numbers" and I think it's dope, but I honestly don't know how to market it and who to market it to to sell the most.

tim

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 09:50:50 AM »
power in numbers and quality control are two very solid records. actually, jurassic 5's chali 2na is one of my favorite mcs.

nino: yay! declaime's the shit! i love his album andsoitisaid.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 09:52:47 AM »
i love J5, that's real hip-hop right there, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 09:59:17 AM »
Excellent topic.

J5 is real westcoast Hip Hop, that album they dropped a few years ago is a classic. I actually think they did pretty much, "blow up" back then, they certainlky hit Europe with theyre releases, and MTV with the single. I liked theyre funky vibe.

Come to think of it, have you heard of, Ugly Ducking from Long Beach? You may like them if you like J5. . .

THanks :), um i have not heard of them..any standout tracks i should get a hold of that you can recommend?

Yeah...im just..i dunno why people can go crazy over some pretty crappy rap thats coming out..Ja Rule in Australia is pretty huge..when there is so much underground stuff thats just so good..
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 10:40:23 AM »

Got it Straight there bro...great ish

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 11:21:50 AM »
Great group, freshness and originality to hp-hop.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 01:23:08 PM »
Great group, freshness and originality to hp-hop.

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 01:30:03 PM »
J5 is some good shit.  But you gotta realize that they are Hip-Hop as opposed to Rap, which is what is mostly mainstream today.  I live in NY and J5 is pretty popular over here, its not like they get no credit and are unknown.  Personally I dont think there is anything special about them. J5, Tribe, Roots, etc. all sound the same to me.  They are OK, but there is a lot of other shit that i'd rather listen to.
peace
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 02:16:34 PM »
jurassic 5's chali 2na is one of my favorite mcs.

That man is dope as hell. J5 is a solid group fa sho, no denyin that.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2004, 03:49:10 AM »
Jurassic 5 are dope, I got their last two albums and a special promo-edition of "Power In Numbers". Especially Chali2Na is the shit. But I like the Hieroglyphics better than Jurassic 5.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2004, 08:08:16 AM »

I like hieroglyphics alot too