Author Topic: Jay-Z- Blueprint (First Listen Opinion)  (Read 779 times)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jay-Z- Blueprint (First Listen Opinion)
« on: September 03, 2001, 01:45:53 PM »
My review of this cd as i listen to it for the first time

1. Intro (The Ruler's Back)- this is a real tight intro song with a dope beat and real good lyrics, it's got me feelin the cd already and i'm looking forward to the rest of it, the bassline is tight and the percussion is onpoint, catchy for an intro, reminds me of the dynasty intro which i enjoyed alot...4/5

2. Takeover- this shit sounds tight with the Jim Morrison sample and the beat sounds maddd tight. the chorus isn't very creative but the lyrics sound angry and good force behind them. really feel he's proving himself on this shit. could of had a better bassline but the track is tight none the less. madd diss to nas on this shit, goddamn. 4.5/5

3. Izzo- everyone knows this shit. very unoriginal considering lil romeo used the same sample recently. lyrics are alright but left him open to be dissed but none the less it's catchy as hell and for that i give it a... 3/5

4. Girls, Girls, Girls- Yuk from the start, a song that doesn't need to be on this cd. the backround is annoying with some chick singing. sounds like a soap opera intro in the backround. the chorus is terrible. it's also a real slow beat, i can't believe he released this shit. nothing working for this track. 1.5/5

5. Jigga That Nigga- Wow, this sounds like a future single. i like the beat alot, i like the sound to it. it's a good pick up from the last song, although it's almost on the same line as the last song it's put together alot better. this would probably light the club up. if this does not become a single i'll probably continue to feel it cause it won't be played out. the chorus is similar to a snoop song cause he's says "slim with a tilted brim, and twenty inch rims". good song. 3.5/5

6. U Don't Know- sounds similar to 1-900-hustler which was a street classic but it's a little bit slower. a sample which kinda sounds like the mop cold as ice chorus. i've heard this song on the radio before so it might be the next single. this song is straight street. it'll definately get the respect of the boys out in new york and fade nas out a little bit more. 4/5

7. Hola Hovito- another song that could be a single. timbaland on the beat and it's well done. the dudes that sing the chorus sound similar to foxy browns track oh yeah. it's catchy though, but it ain't changing the game in any way though. highlight of the song is the beat expecially in the second verse when an electric guitar sound is introduced. 3.5/5

8. Heart Of The City- the beat of this song is off the hook. it reminds me of something but i can't put my finger down on it. this is another possible single. the chorus is real good. the lyrics are tight, talkin bout groups that have broken up over the years which were surprises. it sounds like a song you'd hear sung in a black church at times. very good song on the real though. 4/5

9. Never Change- i'm feelin this song. it's real deep, from the verse to the chorus. i'm real happy with this song. it's definately a feel good song but at the same time it gives me a sad touch like life goes on by Pac. it's obviously not as good but this song is real real tight. takes you back in the day, back to the atari days. at no time did this song lose my attention. 4/5

10. Song Cry- awesome deep song. jay-z at his best. the chorus is unbelievable, you have to listen to understand "i can't see it comin down my eyes, so i gotta make the song cry". it's a dedication to B.I.G. but he sounds like he's blaming himself for shit during the relationship. 5/5

11. All I Need- sick bassline. the sample in the backround sounds like it's been used already several times on the cd, or similar. he starts off the second verse by saying "all i need in this world of sin, is me and my girlfriend" but it's sounds good. but there is something that doesn't appeal to me with this song. i don't like the chorus alot, but the bassline is sooo sick but it isn't used enough. the beat isn't very tight but the lyrics are good and on point. 3/5

12. Renegade- real good beat, real good chorus, tight lyrics with eminem outshining jay-z. if eminem could rap like this all the time he would be at the top of the game. both shine but eminem controls this shit. this song is close to classic, it's got me in a frenzy. 4.5/5

13. Blueprint- this shit should be called the life and times of sean carter. off the hinges, if you wanna know him, here's the song. 5/5

Secret Song- i think it's a secret song at the end of the last song another one comes on after it. a cool beat with nice sounding paino. the chorus is simple but nice. it's a good song and a nice little secret treat i guess. good ending to the cd. nice lyrics. decent percussion in it. 3.5/5

Girls, Girls, Girls (Remix)- is the next secret song. the beat is alot better and i like the song actually. it definately catchy and could make a strong single for the ladies. 3.5/5

this cd is all i wanted, two classic songs and one close to classic with a chance in future time. the beats are mainly on point. girls, girls, girls should have been left off the cd. other songs lack but the classics make up for it. this cd has what the dynasty didn't, LESS FILLER and MORE JAY-Z. the shit i like the most is it doesn't have featurings all over it like most cd's today. it isn't classic but it's close, definately close. it'll probably receive a 4.5 mics in the source which is reasonable. i'd give it a 4.25

Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay-Z- Blueprint (First Listen Opinion)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2001, 02:00:31 PM »
after a second listen i realized that song 2 "takeover" is definately a hip-hop classic, and the best diss song in a maddd long time, i give that song a 5/5, peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2001, 05:27:21 PM »

after a second listen i realized that song 2 "takeover" is definately a hip-hop classic, and the best diss song in a maddd long time, i give that song a 5/5, peace.

i agree 150% "Takeover" is a CLASSIC!

he str8 clowned Nas and ended Prodigy's career...

"and all you other cats throwin' shots at Jigga u only get half a bar FUCK YALL NIGGAZ"

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2001, 04:49:19 AM »
FO REEEEEEEAL.....AS I ALREADY SAID BEFO...NAS
GOT FUCKED IN DA ASS SO DID PRODIGY.....
AND YEA...AGREE....AFTER LOTSA LISTENZ.....ONE OF THA TIGHTEST DISS TRACKZ IN A LONG TIME....
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2001, 11:17:00 PM »
I wonder if Nas is gonna top this one with "stillmatic"..we'll see..

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2001, 11:44:26 PM »
PROBLY WONT
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Smooth

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2001, 04:06:41 PM »
there aint no way Nas can come back harder then Jay did on "takeover"
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2001, 07:49:53 PM »
yeah this is tight

i dont care if you mobb deep i hold triggers to crews
you little fuck i got money stacks bigger than you

hahahahaha damn

CodeCaine

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • reppin for the south, North Cackalac fool
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2001, 02:49:46 AM »

My review of this cd as i listen to it for the first time

2. Takeover- this shit sounds tight with the Jim Morrison sample and the beat sounds maddd tight. the chorus isn't very creative but the lyrics sound angry and good force behind them. really feel he's proving himself on this shit. could of had a better bassline but the track is tight none the less. madd diss to nas on this shit, goddamn. 4.5/5

tha chorus of this song reminds me of tha chorus of tha MOP song we run new york....
It's CodeKane fool
Everybody knows Carolina's my home, this is my heart baby, this is my soul.

Folks think I'm out of my mind
I'm out of line a lot of times
I don't give a fuck bout guidelines
Do what I wanna do, when I wanna do it
You-you ain't like what I'm doin', you ain't got to
Petey Pab

Plus a buncha country boys wit gats, you don't want none-a that
-Scales

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2001, 03:10:33 PM »
This is Jay Z's best album ever IMO. Id give it 4.5 mics. And this is coming from someone who isnt a big Jay Z fan. This album is HOT.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2001, 11:00:29 AM »
Girls Girls Girls will be the next single.  I prefer the remix version at the end of the album, but either way its a hot song.  Who you lovin, who you wanna be fuckin?

grimace

• 'G'
  • I know she know, ima dog, but i liked the way she licked my balls. I know she knows, i aint shit, but i liked the way she sucked my dick.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2001, 12:50:15 PM »
This cd is his best. It will be considered his classic record. No more preaching Reasonable Doubt.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2001, 02:05:06 PM »
yep this album will ideed get at least 4.5 mics...i hate the girls, girls, girls original but the remix at the end of the song is pretty tolerable for radio play...although i'd like the next single to be "heart of the city" cause that song is hooottttt...this album is incredible with every listen, peace.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2001, 02:16:01 PM »
yea the album is tight the best Jigga has ever made.......takeover is pure dope
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2001, 06:32:29 AM »
i now give "heart of the city" a 4.5/5 cause that song is amazing, i don't know what i was thinking the first time around, peace.