Author Topic: Catholic Confessions?  (Read 328 times)

Vicious

Catholic Confessions?
« on: June 28, 2004, 10:45:50 PM »
So can he call the police on you, if you told him you killed someone/raped little boys.

Fucka confession, whats the point?

He laughed at me cause I told him to eat horse. WTH he called the cops.

Fucka button up shirt.

Shit I'm hungry.

infinite59

Re: Catholic Confessions?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 11:29:21 PM »
In Islam we don't have the concept of confessions like Catholics do.  When someone used to come to the Prophet (pbuh) to try and tell him about forbidden acts that had occured, the prophet would look away or look down, as though to not allow the man to shame and embarrass himself in public.  Islam always protects a man's dignity.  In Islam we want it to be a shock when a shameful act occurs, not something you hear about everyday.  That's why the Qu'ran talks so much about people who spread mischief and gossip.  Those talk show hosts that air dirty laundry about celebrities have much to fear on the day of judgement for spreading mischief.  Confession is best when made to Allah.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 11:47:26 PM »
O.K., so talk show hosts who spread rumours and gossip are going to hell, but you can come on here and make a fool of yourself with 1000's of conspiracy theories about the president of the United States, and you're getting virgins for it.  O.K., glad you cleared that one up... wait a sec, lemme get a pen.  I'm gonna write that down as #698 in my new book, "1000 reasons Muslims are Hypocrites"

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 11:50:16 PM »
I don't believe he's obligated to call the police, nope.  Some might though if they thought it was serious enough.  The whole 'point' of confessions is the Priest is supposed to be someone who has the power to act in the name of God; so you confess to him, and he can know what God requires of you to obtain forgiveness.  So, if you tell him you killed somebody, a Priest would probably urge you to admit what you did and turn yourself in to authorities, because in the Priest's opinion, that's what God would want you to do.   

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 06:21:33 AM »
a priest can also come up with a suitable punishment like a donation to the church

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 06:30:32 AM »
Yup.

Montana00

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 06:49:56 AM »
No a priest will never tell anyone of your sins that you have confessed. unless he doesnt live by "code of the catholics" i guess you could say.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 09:16:58 AM »
In Islam we don't have the concept of confessions like Catholics do.  When someone used to come to the Prophet (pbuh) to try and tell him about forbidden acts that had occured, the prophet would look away or look down, as though to not allow the man to shame and embarrass himself in public.  Islam always protects a man's dignity.  In Islam we want it to be a shock when a shameful act occurs, not something you hear about everyday.  That's why the Qu'ran talks so much about people who spread mischief and gossip.  Those talk show hosts that air dirty laundry about celebrities have much to fear on the day of judgement for spreading mischief.  Confession is best when made to Allah.
I luv hearing dirty laundry about celebrities.  ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 09:23:05 AM »
a priest can also come up with a suitable punishment like a donation to the church

LOL
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 06:22:19 AM »
Like the famous letters back in the day. I don't know the english name for it but in Dutch they're called 'aflaatbrieven'. That was christian greed and hypocrisy in the extreme.

'I confess I stole my friend's bread'
'Oh my,my son! That's not too well'
'Will God forgive me?'
'Not if you don't offer anything to the church,my son'
'What shall I offer to you?
'God knows we need new chairs in our dining room for bishops. He also knows that'll cost about that much'(names amount of money)
'Good.God bless you,your Eminence!'
'He will bless you too if you offer somewhat more money.Your sins are forgiven.'
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 11:49:09 AM »
O.K., so talk show hosts who spread rumours and gossip are going to hell, but you can come on here and make a fool of yourself with 1000's of conspiracy theories about the president of the United States, and you're getting virgins for it.  O.K., glad you cleared that one up... wait a sec, lemme get a pen.  I'm gonna write that down as #698 in my new book, "1000 reasons Muslims are Hypocrites"

This post is #882 on the list of 1000 reasons why Ronnie is an idiot
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 11:51:04 AM »

LOL

i found that funny aswell

but its true tho

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 03:51:26 PM »
Maybe the priest knows I'm broke, but I've never been ask to donate money ever. Though I have been told to pray, or do things to repent, like be nice to people I've been not so nice to, basically just improve myself as a person. Though the old church, or maybe the modern richer church, did have a lot of church for a reason. lol.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2004, 03:58:53 PM »
no way Im going to beg a 80 year old senile man for advice.
that's why confessions suck ass.

p.s.: time spend praying is time wasted. if you wanna be different, then, be different. if you wanna get something done right, do it yourself.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2004, 09:06:39 AM »
no way Im going to beg a 80 year old senile man for advice.
that's why confessions suck ass.

p.s.: time spend praying is time wasted. if you wanna be different, then, be different. if you wanna get something done right, do it yourself.

I know this sounds strange coming from a hard left liberal, but prayer is one of the most powerful things in the world. God has answered almost every prayer I've had. Before my mom died, she was a skitzo, and I prayed for her to get better. That's when I started going to church everyweek. A few months before she died, it was like she woke up. We had everybody praying in our family, and oneday she woke up. She didn't take medication, she just woke up and was normal. It took her a few weeks to catch up on all the time she was skitzo, but everything worked out. She did die of an overdose 10 months later, but it was her time to go, she was suffering. But at least God gave us one last good bye. Even just last week. Our family has been going though some money issues. Prayed about it, and before you know it, I recieve a check for $355.50 for my school. Just out of nowhere, we have money. Weird things happen like that. Prayer works. But it's all up to the person.

Also, one more thing, I never said my opinion on confession and the police. Never should the priest ever have to say anything. God is a higher power than the United States government. What happens in that booth is between the priest, God and the person. Now the priest would say something like turn yourself in, but he should never snitch.