Author Topic: Metallica-Metallica (The Black Album)  (Read 377 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Metallica-Metallica (The Black Album)
« on: September 15, 2001, 04:41:16 PM »

1. Enter Sandman
this of Corse is Metallica's most popular song recorded, it's considered one of mtv's greatest videos of all time and this song catapolted Metallica from Underground heroes to Mega Star Rockers, this song is a perfectly executed song, all as all the instruments go off into teir own melodies then come back and play into each other and harmonize the guitar solo is buetiful , James Hetfields singing perfectly rides the beat and rift and the climax builds up nicely ....... 5/5

2. Sad But True
this song should instantly be recognizable to anyone with a good ear...the main riffs were sampled by kid rock back in 99' for his huge hit "American Bad Azz". this is a VERY loud song and also follows the forumla of agressive harmonization then the instruments going off into their own thing and Kirt delivering another steller guitar solo, James Hetfield makes his precence known with his bitter sweet rants of "I'm your dream, make you real, i'm your eyes when you were still, i'm your pain when you can't feel....YOU KNOW IT'S Sad BUT TRUE!!!!'....marvolous marvolous song truely a classic....5/5

3. Holier than thou
this song also follows the same formula as the to above sons but it is more of a punk rock/metal thrash song than the others...a song to riot to basically....this song talks about Hypocrisy ...i'm not quite sure who it's aimed at (if anyone at all ) but this song is a song to take out agression toward hypicrits on! such as authority figures who punish you for the same stuff they do in their regular lives, peers who belittle things you do that they themselves and what not. my personal favorite part is right after (yet another dazzling kirt guitar solo) the bass solo Jason Newstet does...it's something that seems out of place but right at home at the same time....guinious song........5/5

4. The Unforgiven
this song is a TRUE TRUE great ballod, it's hard to explain it with it blasting in my ear right now but it's a perfect blend of agression and sensitivity as James Hetfield Describes a journey of a boy to a man and all his hardships through out his life then  reveals in the end of the story this boy he was talking about and that grew up to be a bitter man was himself. the Climax is Buetiful!!!! and there's no other way to describe it than CLASSIC....5/5

5. Wherever i May Roam
this is probably my favorite or second favorite song along with "nothing else matters" the begining is GENIOUS with the chinese gong and middle eastern/indie Sentar sound , to the dramatic foreshadowing guitar riffs that follow it, the climax of the song (the pretictable yet VERY welcomed solo by kirt) is one of the best if not THE best i've heard, the songs meaning is kinda dumb and greedy but it has a Rebel without a cuase feel to it....where you just wanna bust out and declare the world is yours!...yet another 5 star performance .....5/5

6. Don't Tread on Me
not the best song on this album but not the worst AT ALL , the agressive harmonization is buetiful and the highest points on this song is tight as hell, but some of there is some not-so-steller parts on this song here too....not really a filler track becuase it does off something to cheer about but an abrupt stop from a 5 song classic  bergade.....4/5

7. Through the Never
yet another not-so-steller track but it does get your head bobbing in a REAL WAY! theres not much else to say here other than what i said about "don't tread on me".......4/5

8.Nothing Else Matters
this song is probably THE best song on this album which is one of THE best rock albums EVER so you know it's some classic stuff...this song is a tear jerker basically and metallica plays your heart out just like they play there instruments...i don't care who you are and what your secret emotional delema is ...once you hear this song or after you hear it a couple of times you'll be a blubering baby....a perfect example of how a ballad SHOULD be made, and a VERY good way to pick this album back up! ......5/5

9. of wolf and man
this song is hella dope not a classic but VERY VERY dope, i might like it more if it wasn't precluded by such an emotional song, but besides that....the perfect way to describe this song is putting yourself in the BIG bad wolfs shoes or watching the discovery channle and pretending you're on the hunt of a kill  very cool song yo,lol.....4.5/5

10. The God That Failed
this song is one of the dopest but one of the most disturbing songs on here....it questions religion BIG time on here "broken is the promise betrayal, the healing hand held back by the deepened nail, follow the god that failed"....that's heinous, but i just pretend i'm talking about a crazy occult like the one where they chopped off their nuts and commited mass suicide to jump on that commet, lol anyways ASIDE FROM THE DISTURBING MESSAGE OF THE SONG that only expressed jame's feeling AT THE TIME...you can't deny the other's fabulous performance....the instrumental is RIVITING  classic performance by them...it kinda ride like a rap song how james and kirt mostly hit the bass strings on the guitars and jason hits the deepest strings on his bass so maybe that's why i like it so much....5/5

11. My Friend of Misery
this song is not quite a ballad but it's not quite like any of their  regular songs on this album....it's kind've like their early work where it's hard to explain what kind of song it is but YOU KNOW IT"S DOPE....when you get into the lyrics they read like a complex poem...it's really a throw back to their older stuff which is decent!......4.75-5/5

12. The Struggle Within
this is another throw back to their older stuff not really an all the way throw back becuase it starts to sound newer edged after a while  but the way it's played out is similar....not really a TIGHT song but a good way to go out ....4/5

overall this is Metallica at their Most appealing....anyone can listen to this album and get into it but at the same time it abandons their old Idealsof making complicated-everchanging-10 minuite epics to now doing more formulated songs that are less changing and stick to one emotion at a time....not a bad thing AT ALL considering this album is their second best behind Master of Puppets....but this album is so much more perfected that some put this over Master of Puppets (voted the best heavy metal album of all time) which says ALOT about how good it is....it's not as influencing as their other albums but this is THE album that made them a household name and one of the best selling albums EVEEEEER at 14 million and rising....this album came out within the same proxcimity of Efil4zaggin and is STILL on the top 200 regularly after 10 years!!!!  great great great great great great great album..... over all i'm giving this album a 5/5 rating and it is one of rocks all time best album and still sounds better than anything else out  10 years after it's release

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Metallica-Metallica (The Black Album)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2001, 06:31:17 AM »
i agree that it is an amazing album but the chorus you wrote for sad but true is wrong, it goes:
i'm your dreams, make you real/
i'm your eyes when you must steal/
i'm your pain when you can't feel/
you know it's sad but true/

great review none-the-less, 5/5 is what i'd give it too, it's my favorite metallica album, peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2001, 11:21:12 AM »
i know the chorus by heart, but it's kinda hard to post the chorus when you got another one blasting in your ear at the same time

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2001, 12:08:31 PM »
Nothin Else matters & Unforgiven Are both CLASSIC in all music............

Yo Jake u remember "Unforgiven II", dat one's pretty sick too, I remember tha video 4 dat...........

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2001, 03:47:17 PM »
Is Unforgiven II the video where the old lady is singing? If it is then I liked that song alot.

I'ma check out some songs from this album cause I haven't heard any of them. I need to get into more rock for real.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2001, 09:32:07 PM »
naw that's not the unforgiven II, that's The Memory remains

Unforgiven II is very dope but not even half as good as the firt one