Author Topic: my personal review of the 2pac+outlawz still i ris  (Read 331 times)

min0rity

my personal review of the 2pac+outlawz still i ris
« on: September 14, 2001, 03:16:37 PM »

1.my letter 2 da president-one of those war zone dark type beat this is very political its about pac and the outlawz calling out the president how he ain't doing his job refining the ghetto, how blacks still gets victimized for no reason, tossed in jail for no reason, life in the ghetto and also blacks suffering and basically the president and his staff (assume bill clinton)ain't doing nothing about it 4 out of 5
2.still i rise-one of those sunshine candy type beat talks about struggles and family affairs 3.5 out of 5
3.secretz of war-one of those violent song how they gonna blow up shit and kill motherfuckers "ride with us or collide with us!!!!!!!!!!" tight beat 3.5 out of 5
4.baby don't cry (keep ya head up 2)-this was the first single of the album the sequel to "keep ya head up" on strickly fo my niggaz album and this has the same type of sunshine flowerish type beat just like in "do 4 love" and this is one of my personal favorites EDI shines on this track its a rare positive song by 2pac and its about how this teenager with kids going through tragedies and hell and basically telling her don't give up and keep being strong 4.5 out of 5
5.as the world turns-very tight piano-ish beat its about how as the world turns and time goes by some people change and some don't and people come and go all dope verses by everyone 4 out of 5
6. black jesus-another political type song, this song is about how they want jesus to listen to them and help them out kadafi and storm shines on this track 3.5 out of 5
7.homeboyz-this song is about fake homies who can't do shit when their alone but when theyre deep thats when they act up COWARDS!! bouncy fast type beat 3.5 out of 5
8.TIGHT ASS FUCKING BEAT!!! this song is about "oh lord help me change my wayyyyysssss show little mercy on judgement days i was raised this way i never let him play me for a busta hell 4 a hustler"!!!!!! catchy hook song about the streets 4.5 out 5
9.high speed-ANOTHER TIGHT ASS BEAT sounds like a italian mafia theme beat talks about reality of life how motherfuckers never learn and keep doing gangsta shit nice piano line 4.5 out of 5
10. good die young-very emotional song, this song got even more emotional after that terrorism bullshit this song is very deep, i really can't describe clarily but it talks about how innocent people die without cause like plane crashes, school shootings, drive-bys 4.5 out of 5 tight sad beat
11. killumanati-tight fast beat with melodies and another street type song 3.5 out of 5
12. tear drops and closed caskets-another emotional song pac and outlawz trade lines and nate dogg singing the catchy hook the beat is pretty original especially the drums and some g-funk sounds in the background its about this gangsta who was putting in work fell in love with this girl but his BEST friend was messing with her....i won't tell you how it ends but you get the picture .....drama song 4.5 out of 5
13.tattoo tears-dark soldier type beat another street song 3.5 out of 5
14.u can't be touched-TIGHT FUCKING BEAT, but another reality type song but still this is very tight ass track 4 out of 5
15.ya'll don't know us-hype beat talks about how outlawz will never fall and stand tall 3 out of 5

overall, this album is very very hard to understand sometimes its definetly not for the kids, its mostly political, emotional, reality-street type shit no women, bling-blings, money type song none whatsoever so thats a good thing but no offense, when you listen to it you get sick and tired of hearing it all through the album, don't get me wrong though its good to hear shit like that but they should've had some party tracks, fun tracks just a couple to have variety of sounds and topics anyways, this album is very worth listening to for any fan, you'll definetly like it but it won't be one of your favorites

overall 3.75 out of 5

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
Re: my personal review of the 2pac+outlawz still i
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2001, 08:14:43 PM »
Sheeit, I'd give Homeboyz a 4.5. The beat is sooooooo smoth I just repeat it every time like boomboomboom motherfucker.

BTW, u could talk more. Typing is a fucked up timewaste  ;) but the result is always appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2001, 12:48:33 AM »
i would rate dis shit higher.... "STIL I RISE"....
is a near classic......imo
anyway...no offence but "homeboys'" theam AS PAC XPLAINS.....its bout n***z dat iz dengerous when they be wit their homeboys....but they be fuckin cawords when they be on their own....
peace.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2001, 09:50:42 PM »
I'd give the track "Still I Rise" a 5. Pacs verse was just incredible.

Nice review.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE