Author Topic: Quick Blueprint Review  (Read 295 times)

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
Quick Blueprint Review
« on: September 13, 2001, 08:09:38 AM »
here is a quick review of jigga's new album..

1. The Ruler's Back : Tight Intro song quite serious well composed, jay's flow on this is tremendous, dope introduction to the album
2 .Takeover  : kinda lazy beat with some dope sampling at the start..has the feel of an alchemist beat
3 .Izzo (H.O.V.A.) :  What can i say smooth cut from jay..nice use of westcoast terminology
4 .Girls, Girls, Girls : Very dope track, one of my favourite cuts from the album..laid back and smooth with again some more dope dope sampling in it..jay uses some french vocal sampling throughout the album.
5 .Jigga That Nigga : this is a more nu skool cut from jay.. jay does not come off as tight on this one..has an upbeat dance feel attached guaranteed to make any crowd bounce
6 .U Don't Know : Very Very lazy beat..not one of his best cuts..very lazy production..tracks like these put jigga down when everybpdy knows he is capable of far greater stuff.
7 .Hola' Hovito : Latino rhythm type cut..dope beat from timbo..jay is tight as usual on this cut lyrically..the beat is hot and so is jay..dope shit on this one
8 .Heart of the City (Ain't No Love) : serious cut from jay..tight beat and jay has a tremendous flow on this one..the song excels throughout..always on point and one to make your head nod mostly...lazy in parts..the hook is dope as fuck..incredible sample
9 .Never Change : The sampling is continued on this one..really well composed happy tune...definately as nice smooth cut..jay acts a bit to gangsta on this one..but definately one of my favourites..
10. Song Cry : This is my favourite track on the album no doubt..smooth and so suttle..this is jay z at his best..the beat is dope..has a very sad kinda feel to it..the hook is a dope diana ross kinda soundin sample..nice harmonizing tops it off..my favourite track YA HEARD
11. All I Need : This too is one of my favs..Nu skool track to the max..definately shud be a commercial anthem..complete and sound track from jay..he is dope lyrically too
12. Renagade : jay and eminem are dope dope dope lyrically on this one the beat is a typical em collab sound..diverse from the rest on the album..definately one to make you think..em fans will love this..
13. Blueprint (Momma Loves Me) : dope way to end the album..nice original cut from jay..talks bout his moms and what he has become..some serios shit from jay..dope harmonizing in the background...

Overall Assesment : DOPE album..seriously cop this shit..there are some bonus tracks on the album..you really do need a copy of this in your cd rack..cop it as soon as it drops..lame in parts but overall jay is tight lyrically and the beats accompany him well...definately better than R.O.C and this is yet again a very poinient message to his critics that jay is still at the top of his game

Peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Quick Blueprint Review
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2001, 11:40:01 AM »
this cd has already been reviewed twice in the review section, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Quick Blueprint Review
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2001, 11:48:47 AM »
on the whole how much would u rate this album on a scale of 10??
and how would u compare it with the previous JAY-Z albums.. ?

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]