Author Topic: Gorillaz  (Read 347 times)

xz

• 'G'
  • dead disney muthafuckas... 2002 shit
Gorillaz
« on: August 28, 2001, 03:41:33 PM »

I've been sleepin on this for awhile, but after hearing that del was on a few tracks and that automator was doing the production, i had to check it... oh yea and that whoo-hoo dude.

1. Re-Hash - nice intro to the album - 4/5
2. 5/4 - cool production from automator, not much else to say, wasn't really diggin the lyrics - 3.5/5
3. tommorow comes today - i like this, good production, nice and laid back - 4/5
4. new genious - 4/5
5. clint eastwood - first single with del, his raps aren't spectacular , but fit in with the dope production from automator - 4.5/5
6. man research - 4/5
7. punk - ain't really big on punk music, but automator places some special effects after the crazy yelling guitar shit - 3/5
8. sound check - 3.5/5
9. double bass - dope instrumental - 4/5
10. rock the house - second track with del, again his lyrics aren't mind shattering, but fit in with the the theme of the song (dancing.) oh and the chorus with the keys and horns provided by automator got me hooked - 4.5/5
11. 19-2000 - heard this is the next single, which will probably sell the record as it's very catchy - not bad - 3.5-5
12. latin simone - Ibraham ferrier (is that the right spelling?) gets the nod on this track, bringin that good beuna vista flavor. automator hooks up production that could fit in on the beuna vista social club album. Automator really shows production variety on this disc - 4.5/5
13. starshine - 4/5
14. slow country - 4/5
15. m1a1 - 3.5/5
16. dracula - ain't really feelin this joint - 2.5/5 (autmator didn't produce this track)
17. left hand suzuki method - 3.5/5 (the jamacian dude on the clint eastwood remix is awful)

overall 3.5 mics, I was really feelin automator's production on here. Different from the complex beats on deltron 3030, these are more electro - hip/pop oriented. Should've made it a del/automator joint. With the exception of a few tracks, the blur guy doesn't really catch me. The production by automator makes the album what it is.

elneckio

Re: Gorillaz
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2001, 10:45:52 AM »
"that whoo-hoo dude" - Brilliant description of him, I knew exactly who you meant when I read that  ;)  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02