Author Topic: Should i do this... (car audio/video question)  (Read 65 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Should i do this... (car audio/video question)
« on: June 30, 2004, 04:59:41 AM »
okay for those of you who don't know i drive a 96' mustang GT Convertible so far i've put off putting in a soundsystem because first i didn't know much about them, then after i got some knowledge, i wanted to wait until i had enough money to buy what i wanted, when i got enough money to buy what i wanted , i wanted something else after seeing "pimp my ride" on TV and this one system i saw in a mustang magazine.

since mustang convertables have small backseats, i wanted to take out the back seats and put 2 15 inch subs with a custom box (fiberglass) where the sitting part of the seat was at  and my amps where the back rests were and put a cool ass monitor in the middle (maybe). then have lights in the fiber glass that light up when the bass hits.  cool right? well i was telling my homie at work about this and he said, that it'd look cool but sound bad because since i had  a convertable the bass wouldn't have good Resonance/sustain , it'd only work if i had a hard top.  But i'm looking at all these custom systems on the net and some of them are similar to what i want to do and convertables......my question here is would my shit sound bad if i did this??

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Re: Should i do this... (car audio/video question)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 08:10:02 AM »
I am not sure because I have never done anything in a convertable. But I did the same exact thing in my friends mustang and it sounds tight. I would think it would sound the same as it would if you had subs pointing out of the trunk.since its a custom fit it willl be molded to the car and that should be enough to shake the shit out of it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 02:09:58 AM »
thanks

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 04:00:41 AM »
ya man go for it