Author Topic: A slight Dre-diss?  (Read 662 times)

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
A slight Dre-diss?
« on: June 30, 2004, 07:05:47 AM »
I've been wondering about this for quite some time.

On that Snoop track 'Crip Hop' w Lil' 1/2 Dead from one of the Whoo Kid mixtapes from 2003,Snoops says ' I called up the diggy Doc on the telephone...but it seemed like the doctor was not home'...though this doesn't sound very threatening or accusing I do wonder wether it's a remark about Dre not working with Snoop and the west anymore. Basically meaning Dre is 'not home' when his former homies need him. I think this line is meant to mean this.

What do you think?
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Re: A slight Dre-diss?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 07:07:38 AM »
No, they are adults and close friends.

If Dre hasnt got a beat on Snoops CD its because Snoop doesnt want one. Hell if I was Snoop I wouldnt want any Dre beats now after everyone saying, "Snoop aint shit without Dre"

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

The Predator

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 07:14:21 AM »
''Snoop aint shit without Dre''

Its true, apart from a few good songs here and there his shits mostly been soft n sloppy. The Neptunes reckon they gonna make Snoop sound like Snoop from the Chronic era again, it would be nice but i think only the Diggy Doc can recreate that.

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 07:17:23 AM »
^ if they really said that they have a lot to live up to!.. but just maybe.. if he's on their label, he's their bitch!

Okka

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 08:19:18 AM »

If Dre hasnt got a beat on Snoops CD its because Snoop doesnt want one. Hell if I was Snoop I wouldnt want any Dre beats now after everyone saying, "Snoop aint shit without Dre"

Now they ain't so good friends...you said that if Snoop want's a beat from Dre, Dre gives him a beat, right ?
But when Snoop asked Dre to so some tracks to the upcoming 213 album...Dre didn't do any beats...so what you think about that...
Do you even know what happened when Snoop allmost had to went to prison...if Dre would've said some shit in the court...the case would been stopped right there, but he didn't you know why : Cuz Dre was too busy...thank god that Snoop didn't had to go to the jail...

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 08:28:40 AM »
Dre needs to pull his head out of his ass and get back to where he came from...Dre is a 50 Cent and Eminem dick rider nowadays, he aint making no noise on the westcoast anymore.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 09:37:27 AM »
True, I would like to see Dre work with more West Coast artists too. However, let's be honest - who is gonna force him?

That statement about Dre being a 50 Cent dickrider had me laughing. Not because its not true (although I wouldn't necessarily put it that way) but because it reminded me of Dre on that Stat Quo track ''The Future'' when he does the G-Unit chant whilst drunk as fuck. Then Stat Quo just starts laughing his ass off at him and says something like ''Dr. Dre fucked up right now y'all''.

''G-G-G-G-G-Unit'' ;D

I don't know why but something about Dre shouting out G-Unit is funny to me.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 10:04:58 AM »

Now they ain't so good friends...you said that if Snoop want's a beat from Dre, Dre gives him a beat, right ?
But when Snoop asked Dre to so some tracks to the upcoming 213 album...Dre didn't do any beats...so what you think about that...
Do you even know what happened when Snoop allmost had to went to prison...if Dre would've said some shit in the court...the case would been stopped right there, but he didn't you know why : Cuz Dre was too busy...thank god that Snoop didn't had to go to the jail...

Simple, Dre feels that 213's best era was in 91-93 and doesnt want to be involved in this project, maybe he doesnt like who else is involved with the project, it could be lots of things........ Not that they have beef lol.. You must be 10 years old if you think now because Dre doesnt want a beat on the album that they would have beef with him. Of course people fall out but they are friends, period. No love lost if Snoop doesnt want to have Dre on a record or vice versa.

Its simple for god sake.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Killa-G

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • GATE 13 Style
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 10:13:03 AM »
What yall saying, snoop doesN't wanted a dre beat on the eastsidaz album he doesn't wanted a beat for paid the cost!! Then Snoop fell of on tha west and he was like shit i must let Dre produce a few things on my new album!! And Dre is 40 years old, what yall want? Yall want to se him crippin in compton or what!! He has money and lifes the live!!!
G-A-T-E 13

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 01:43:02 PM »
''Snoop aint shit without Dre''

Its true, apart from a few good songs here and there his shits mostly been soft n sloppy. The Neptunes reckon they gonna make Snoop sound like Snoop from the Chronic era again, it would be nice but i think only the Diggy Doc can recreate that.
I disagree.  Snoop and Battlecat make a helluva team as well, its not only Dre who can do wonders with Snoop.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 03:17:01 PM »
its pretty obvious from what snoops been sayin, that he still wants to work with dre, its just whether they in a situation where they cool to get down is another thing, he lukcy he got neptunes now though still cuz he always had to pay to get a few tracks of the big name muthafuckaz, but on his new joint, he'll get bare beats off neptunes for nuttin basically, and its only a one album deal, so it could turn out sick or wack, jus wait n see, then judge

Bomb-A®

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 10:36:28 PM »
Dre needs to pull his head out of his ass and get back to where he came from...Dre is a 50 Cent and Eminem dick rider nowadays, he aint making no noise on the westcoast anymore.

what?? dre made eminem & 50 what they are. ok 50 was big in the underground before, but if it wasnt for in da club he wouldnt be where he is now.

peace

hector

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 11:59:51 PM »
I agree, snoop dogg ain't shit without dr. dre.  snoop needs to swallow his pride and realize this himself.

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 12:41:36 AM »
Some people just need to stop looking too much into these little things.
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2004, 02:28:42 AM »
Some people just need to stop looking too much into these little things.

agreed.
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"