Author Topic: Eminem Tracklist Rumors (And They Begin)...  (Read 1055 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Eminem Tracklist Rumors (And They Begin)...
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2004, 02:09:05 PM »
So are you saying there are no original rap producers and they all jack beats?

This isn't what I'm trying to get at. Not every track is jacked. My theory has always ben "if it sounds too good, it's stolen". But anyway, the point that I was trying to make is a producer's job isn't to compose the instrumental, it is too guide the overall recording. This doesn't mean that no rap producers can compose, this means that once they do they become both producers and composers. So I don't feel it is right to judge a producer based on his instrumentals. The truth is we don't know what the producer actually does. We would only know by listening to the final product and the demo. This way we can see the differences and see how the producer adjusted things.

Diabolical

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2004, 02:49:52 PM »
Solos are the last thing a guitarist even thinks about when writing a song. You need a good riff to get into peoples head first. The producer will usually arrange the track and mix it so it sound right, so it can get into the heads of the listener & that they only need to hear about 10 seconds of the song for it to be running through their head and stuff, to make sure the drums arnt too loud they drown out the vocals and that you can hear the solo above the second guitarist, stuff like that. Thats why you never hear 'technical' songs on the radio, its only ones with simple melodys and/or catchy hooks("Give It Away" is a very good example as it has both). Its the same with rap, skilled lyricists very occasionaly get hit singles.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2004, 01:42:10 PM »
Who has enough time to sit back and think of this?

alot of us do...don't you love when people do this? I know I do... ;D