Author Topic: BTNH RESSURECTION review (part 2)  (Read 537 times)

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
BTNH RESSURECTION review (part 2)
« on: July 26, 2001, 03:28:50 PM »
Sikotic Assassin review was cool but i thought i'd have ago.

1. Show em - Not a bad intro, but pants compared to the "Voice" used in earlier Bone albums.
This track has a cool beat and all members come tight on this track. However it is FLESH who rips it on this track. I can listen to his verse over and over again. Tight track.  
Rating: 4 out of 5

2. The Righteous Ones - This track is just deadly, it has an amazing beat and chorus and i love
the way layzie starts this track off. But bizzy definetly rules this track, i love his lyrics and speed.
Rating: 5 out of 5

3. 2 Glocks - Personaly i prefer the remix of this track on "Collection vol 2" than this version.
Don't get me wrong its a good track but gets boring after a while and just like Sikotic Assassin
said in his review. Flesh is the only one who puts any real effort into this track and once again
rips it.
Rating: 3 out of 5

4. Battlezone - This song is tight as fuck, all members come strong with their flow and delivery.
Brilliant chorus and beats. The only thing which stops this from getting a 5 is THERE IS NO FLESH.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

5. Ecstasy - This is the best drug/weed/getting high track i have ever heard. A pure classic
done as only bone know how. With all the members talking about there experiences with
Ecstasy.

6. Murder One - TWO Brilliant verses by FLESH, what more can i ask for. Just a raw Bone
track. The funny thing is this was the first of many tracks that had no krayzie or wish. But after
hearing Flesh on this i didn't even care.

7. Souljahs Marching - Nice chorus by krayzie but no verse, Bizzy, Layzie and Flesh are tight
on this. Another track i just love.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

8. Servin' tha Fiends - Deadly beat, All (3) members tare up and Flesh gives us a great chorus
and tight ass verse.

9. Resurrection (Paper, Paper) - I don't care what anyone says BIZZY SOUNDS PURE GAY
on this and almost came close to wrecking the track for me. But its has a good calm beats and
all members come strong on this.

10. Can't Give It Up - Put simply this track is amazing, all 5 members tare up.

11. Weed Song - Boring. I love Flesh's verse but i always skip this track. Just like Sikotic Assassin
said in his review for BONE this is poor.
Rating: 1.5 out of 5

12. Change the World - This is ok but i didn't like "If i could teach the World" on AoW,
and this is more or less an extension to that. I have to give props though coz im sure bone are
the only ppl around in hip hop who can do a track like this, not lose credability and make it
sound good and get away with it. RnB fans will love this. Oh and Flesh's verse is brilliant.
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

13. Don't Worry - Damn good song, with a good positive message, all members come strong
but the track is slow i'll give it that and again Flesh is the best.

14. Mind On Our Money - Brilliant. I love the way krayzie tells his life story and then Flesh comes,
speeds things up and rips it.

15. No Way Out - Boring, nice lyrics but my worst track. I rarely listen to this.
Rating: 1 out of 5

16. One Night Stand **BONUS TRACK**- Someone explain to me why Bizzy got a solo
track on this? If anyone deserved a solo cut on this it was FLESH coz he sounded like the only
one who cared about this album and ripped it up. Image if the unreleased Flesh track "Armageddon"
was on this. Anyway back to the review, wak song simple as.
Rating: 1 out of 5

I love this album and think it beats Aow. Bottom line though there are faults with it as mentioned
by the ppl who replied to Sikotic Assassin. I.e lack of harmony and many tracks never had all
5 members. But what has to be pointed out is Flesh OWNED this album and ripped it so hard
that he made ALL the other members look like fools. If there was no Flesh on this album, it
would have been wak. It was Flesh who ressurected this album not Bone.

Album rating 8/10

Im out

8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Doggystylin

Re: BTNH RESSURECTION review (part 2)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2001, 03:17:37 AM »
this is tight and all but couldnt you have put this on his thread?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2001, 03:39:26 AM »
yeah catashrophy next time you're in here cut and past your review in overseers thread...thanks man

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2001, 06:57:55 AM »
Sorry about that ppl.

Its my first ever review, so i thought it deserved its own thread.

laterz.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2001, 07:30:54 PM »
This is a good album, but I still like AOW better. Resurrection has some classic joints like Righteous Ones [one of the best Bone songs EVER], Ecstasy, Show Em, Murda One, and One Night Stand. But the album itself is not classic, not even close. The album lacked the chemistry that previous Bone albums had, and alot of the songs only had 3 members which had alot to do with that. Flesh did rip this album up though. Definatly outshined the rest of Bone here. All in all, a good release but not the caliber a Bone album should be. I give this album a 4/5, on the wider 10 scale id give this a 7.5/10
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2001, 11:46:40 AM »
One Night Stand was an amazing song. Bizzy came off so tight on that joint.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE