Author Topic: Kurupt Space Boogie Review  (Read 1525 times)

HBKid_Jr

Re: Kurupt Space Boogie Review
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2001, 05:29:02 PM »
My CD dont have any bonus tracks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2001, 05:51:53 AM »
My Kurupt cd has "The Life I live" featuring Krook as a bonus track. I got it from best buy. I haven't even heard the whole album yet. I only had the chance to hear about half of it. Sounds good so far. I'll put my review up soon.
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

DPGC2001

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2001, 03:39:33 PM »
Here's my short review on this album...
1. Intro
2. Space Boogie- 4.5/5- beat is on some next shit and Nate adds to the song.
3. Hate on Me- 3.5/5- nice simple beat by Soopafly
4. On The Grind- 3.5/5- Good old Dpg shit but we've heard this song before
5. It's Over- 3/5- not totally wack
6. Can't Go Wrong- 4.5/5- Pure dopeness by Quik(does this guy ever make a wack beat?) and an equally tight guest verse.
7. On, Onsite- 4/5- Kurupt rips this track up ala Streetz iz a Mutha style.  Dope.
8. Summertime- 3.5/5- Ok track kinda pop/r&b feel to it with Jon B providing the hook.  A tad better than It's Over.
9. The Hardest Muthafuckas- 4.5/5- One of the tightest tracks on the CD.  Fred Wreck provides a dope Dre style kinda similar to Buck-em by Snoop.  Nate is classic and Ren and X to the Z rip shit up.  Kurupt has the weakest verse of the three, but still ok.
10. Gangstaz- 3.5/5- more good old DPG shit.
11. Bring Back that G shit- 4.5/5- Fred Wreck provides more dopeness as Kurupt and Snoop who's flowing more close to Doggystyle these days rip up this track.  Only drawback is Goldie who put me to sleep.
12. Lay it on Back- 4/5- Fuck the haters, Durst sounds dope on this.  Well maybe not dope but he is better than average and provides a cool hook.  Nice.
13. Just Dont give a Fuck- 4/5- I'm feeling this shit, Lethal does a nice job.  Wee just don't give a FUCK!!!
14. At it Again- 3.5/5- Damn this sounds like some shit Will Smith would do, recycle an old Disco hit and drop some party rhymes.  Not too bad.
15. Kuruption- 4/5- this song grew on me, Everlast does his usual thing and Kurupt drops some meaningful lyrics.  If you don't like Everlast then this songs not for you.  I don't mind him though.
16. Fuck Da World- 4.5/5- Kurupt once again takes us back to Streetz as he completely tears this track up.  Dope way to end the album.

Overall- 4 mics
Kurupt drops a nice followup to the classic Streetz iz a Mutha album.  Obviously an attempt to crossover with songs like Sunshine and It's Over, but Kurupt proves that he can still rip it up with tracks like Fuck the World and Onsite.  The real story of the album though is the beats, as this is the best produced west coast album since 2001.  Fred Wreck just keeps getting doper as he does his best Dre impersonation, and Daz is his usual dope self.  Even DJ Lethal drops a dope ass beat and Fred Durst has a more than decent guest appearance.  DJ Quik might have the dopest beat on the album though on Can't go Wrong...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2001, 04:03:04 AM »
i wasn't really feelin' that dj quik beat too much

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

verbalassaulta

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2001, 08:28:52 AM »
im i the only one a little dissapointed with this.. its not as good as streetz...there is too many wack songs....its over, lay it on back, summertime,  just dont give a fuck, and kuruption all are not even 3/5 if that and i cant stand to even listen to them...i cant believe its over is the first single and im even more shocked when i hear that summertime will be the next....plus i cant believe he put on tha grind in this album...its dope but what if you already have raw??  another song to skip over i guess...and it kinda pisses me off about all the different bonus tracks floating around...why not just put them on the album..its sounds like he's desperate to sell records...however i do like the rest of the album...especially space boogie, hate on me, cant go wrong and bring back that g shit all are what this whole album should've been like...so i give it a 6.5/10  hey 1/3 of the album is no good.