Author Topic: The Realness  (Read 583 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
The Realness
« on: August 02, 2001, 07:13:08 PM »

1. Dramatic Entrance--This is a hot street song. Its got a dark, but melodic beat to it, and nice conscience street lyrics. Short, but sweet. 4.5/5

2. American Beauty--This song is an absolute gem. Its about a woman named hip hop [analogy] treated well by her pioneers but treated like shit and confused by todays commercial garbage. A nice history of hip hop's creation, over a precarious beat. The lyrics are almost sad, cuz it shows how the artform has gone downhill cuz of the lack of creativity. Perhaps the best song on the album. 6/5

3. Thun & Kicko--A nice raw song, just a pure hip hop song. The beat sounds similiar to somthing you'd hear on a Mobb Deep album, and the song does indeed feature Prodigy. Nice track overall, 4/5

4. The Saga--This is another hot track. A deep, conscience song about the ghetto. The lyrics paint a true picture of life in QB remincescent of Illmatic. The music itself is meloncholy, giving it a sad feel. One of the best on the album. 5/5

5. R U My Nigga?--A streetwise song about betrayal and the trife life of QB. Doesnt break an new ground like, say, American Beauty, but still a nice track. Shit is real. 4.5/5

6. Unforgiven--Off tha hinges!! Tha beat is wicked as hell. It sounds like something that you'd hear in a dark jungle or something. I havent heard a beat this dark in a long time. The lyrics are more of the same, about the streets, but at least he doesnt glorify it. He gives props to Biggie and Pac in this song also. 5/5

7. Fallen Soldiers--Basically what the song says. A song about losing those close to you. He tells the story of a particular friend of his he lost. Reminds me a little of Mobb Deeps "Drink Away The Pain".....4/5

8. Glory Days--A beautifully crafted track, reminciscing about the old school days. Listen to the lyrics. This shit will have you thinkin back!!! 4.5/5

9. Raps A Hustle--This is an analogy about using a girl being a pen used to write lyrics. The lyrics are DOPE. Just listen.....4/5

10. Get Out My Way--Hot hot hot!!!! This has an awesome, uptempo beats. This is one you MUST bump in your ride. He addresses all kinds of shit here, from the Jay Z/Nas beef to how hype people in Brooklyn get when you play Biggie. This song is pure fire. Its hard to describe, you have to hear it to see what im talkin about. 5/5

11. This is a diss towards who he thinks are wack thug crews. Unfortuantly, he takes a subliminal shot at Bone here. Why he has beef with Bone I dont know. Still, I love this album, and a diss towards my fav group aint gonna make me hate him. But it is kinda un-called for. I dont know, maybe its not a Bone diss, but listen to the lyrics and you'll see why I think it is. 2.5/5

12. This is just a street freestyle acapella. Nice, but it aint shit compared to what it flows into........

13. They Forced My Hand--This is it. The CROWN JEWEL of the album. This has one of the dopest beats ive EVER heard, and the lyrics are just straight raw hip hop at its finest. This and American Beauty are the two best songs on the album. One of the best QB tracks in years. 6/5

14. Fallen Souljaz remix--Same lyrics as the original, but Alchemist does the beat on this one. I like the original a little better. And i hate it when songs appear on an album twice. 3.5/5

Hidden track [starts at about 5 minutes into song #14] with Mobb Deep is also on here. I dont know the title of the song, but its nice. Dark ass beat from Havoc, typical street lyrics. 4/5

Summary: This album is PURE fire. Alot of heads are saying this is the best QB album since The Infamous, and if you listen to it, its hard to disagree. I wouldnt say its as good as The Infamous, but it aint too far behind. My fav album this year so far. This could be a classic one day, as it might contribute to saving hip hop from the state its in right now. For now, I give it 4.5/5. Pick this up ASAP!!!!
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: The Realness
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2001, 07:23:40 PM »
i don't think it's nearly half as good as illmatic or the infamous, but it's good
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

xz

• 'G'
  • dead disney muthafuckas... 2002 shit
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2001, 11:27:31 AM »
I havn't heard this yet, but check Common's "I used to love her" for the original "american beauty."

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2001, 06:32:49 AM »
Definatly a 4.5. This is probably the best album to come from the bridge since infamous.  It's not as good as infamous though. Good review hellrazor.
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2001, 01:00:55 PM »
dope review, i'm gonna pick this shit up asap, as well as the infamous and illmatic which are two cds i should have already, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2001, 02:56:57 PM »
y'all have got to check this cd out...very surprising to me, it's got some gems on it and some very good tracks...it's worth your while whether you buy it or download it, just give a chance, peace.

xz

• 'G'
  • dead disney muthafuckas... 2002 shit
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2001, 11:16:06 AM »
i think it's decent, 3.5 mics

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2001, 11:56:39 AM »
i didn't think it was amazing, but i thought it was good, anywhere from 3.5 to 3 mics, so i'd say 3.75, peace.

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2001, 07:33:17 AM »
I don't think American Beauty and They Forced My Hand deserved 6s. They are good but not that good.
American Beauty is too short anyway.  They aren't classic's by themselves.
Did you check the prodigy diss to jay-z.

Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas