Author Topic: Tical  (Read 1029 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Tical
« on: July 30, 2001, 09:36:27 AM »
Method Man-Tical

this is out of 5,and to letchall know i'm lisening to 36 chambers and Tical as i write this LOL
1.Tical-Cinematic beginning,great buildup for Method Man to unexpectedly jump off dark and low-key because everyone was so used to hearing him hyped and energetic like on 36 Chambers,it's the first showing of his individuality and the fact that he has numerous styles and Methods just like he says,ironically the first line is "I got styyyyles...",great lyrics ,flow,and the beat isn't melodic but works incredibly well with this, masterfully created.but i think albums should be started with hype and the beat lacks melody so-4.85
2.Biscuits-i love and hate this track...the beat is great but YOU FUCKING CAN'T HEAR METHOD MAN.for 40% of the track You hear "zibzizzmumblaaWAHHzzizbbziimmumbledsedFAH!!!" and here and there he shines very well many people have said that this is the best track but i disagree still very good beat ,good lyrics and meth once more displays STYLE with his nasty ass but he needs to be more audible-4
3.Bring The Pain-When i think Tical, i think Bring The Pain,amazing shit.The beat is masterful,and meth comes perfect, and booster adds a catchy little bridge,fuck it the beat's perfect too...this shit is just perfect-5
4.All I Need-the only track on here that really has meaning,all the other tracks are just spittin about nuthin in particular (still very dope) but this is a bangin thunderous track that incredibly works as a love song.very clever and a great driving melody, short verses tho and the hook is weak (no wonder they added Blige later). is that Carlton Fisk doin the hook with him or what? either way that brings it down along with the short verses,still fantastic-4.7

damn this shit said my message was too long i'll continue it right now... peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tical
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2001, 09:37:02 AM »
5.What The Blood Clot?-the great thing about RZA and the wu clan is that each album from each member of the group explores elements of things that were laid down in 36 chambers and The RZA has a different sound for each artist, i mean there are few things to link this producer to his other albums,most wouldn't think that he produced cuban linx,36 chambers,tical and wu forever..he has just as many styles as Meth
and Method Man really IS the Method Man he has soo many different methods and styles that he uses,no bullshit,this is the closest to the 36 chamber sound on the album,its like "wu-tang:4th chamber" with tical's signature rolling thunder basslines and meth laid back stylishly rips a hot verse with talking before and after,not really a complete song but RZA and Meth aren't afraid to try new things so gotta give 'em props on that,Great shit-4.9
6.Chef Vs.Meth
 like the majority of the songs on this album this is 2 verses (which is a nice change of format from other albums)and a great concept: a battle between 2 wu members
like many beats on Tical,this has a stripped down beat to have you focus on the raps which works well but sometimes you just wish RZA would consistently turn out dope beats Meth is good here but he goes into some rhymes he's already done before,and he doesn't make sense at times,it's hard to tell if he's really freestyling,things like i mentioned above makes it seem so but some lines like "with all the dangerous diseases/sniffling coughing stuffiness headache and feeeeva!" sounds very pre-written so eh...Raekwon delivers and flows at his hypest and really seems to be freestyling because his lyrics aren't on par with his written shit but still good plus he fucks up in the middle of his verse which contributes to the aunthenticity of his freestyle but he does pick up the same line when he gets the verse back in gear so it makes you think he could have written his verse...also there is no winner of this battle named but it depends on how you look at it,from what i can tell now i'd say Raekwon but it makes you think: does someone say Raekwon won because they think he won or is he just subconsciously a nice break from so much Meth because Tical has a very consistent sound and formula and synergy strictly between Meth/RZA which is good but can cause you to crave more guest appearances...-4.5
7.Sub Crazy-More originality from Meth and RZA the actual beat that Meth does his verses too has no drums,it's a quirky non melodic beat anyway and it lays a great soundscape for Meth to captivate You with his raps and rip it...his charisma is what keeps this album going most of all on top of RZA's genius mapping out of this shit,great lyrics and dope beats when neccesary and stripped down weaker beats when neccesaary...stellar,original but still it's not the most entertaining track because of the strangeness and lack of melody,still good-4.7
8.Release Yo Delf-when you hear this track start you hear great singing and melody from Blue Raspberry(interpolating "I will survive") and then you get even more excited yet when you hear a bangin thunderous dope beat kick in...then when Meth's verse kicks in you're disappointed because you realize 36 chambers's succes gave the wu-tang clan more money to get more weed for Meth to smoke and he's smoked a GRIP OF IT because he's just as great a rapper as ever but his voice is weak compared to this thunderous soundscape you can hardly hear him except at times similar to Biscuits...this would be the best track on the album if you could hear Meth the whole way through,
he was a very good lyrical style on this track too
"Check it/i'm the fuckin man that they ment-ion/
notice/that other niggaz rap styles is bogus/"
he rhymes the words in the same line before goin on to the next. originality and a great beat and melody and tight hooks and bridges laced throughout the song in addition to the dope raps from meth that you can hear on this track gives it a good rating-4.75
9.P.L.O. Style-just when you think that consistency of quality alone on top of the other dopeness in this album can put it in the classic position we get P.O.S.(Piece of shit) Style..Meth is good here but not exceptional,but rza's beat is too weak and this Fisk guy is nothing special...it's worth listening to once or twice just for Meth's parts but this is a blemish in an otherwise consistently exceptional album..-2.9
10.I Get My Thang In Action-The Rzarecta and Mista Meth kick this shit back into gear bangalangin!! RZA lays a fuckin dope ass beat with infectious melody(not much but just enough) ear catching drum breaks,great rhythm, and Meth comes as clever as ever i love this line "Straight out tha toilet i got my shit togetha/when i'm good i'm good when i'm bad I'M BETTA", you rarely expect a track of such quality to pop out so close to the end,and meth of course has charisma humor,delivery and voice here and there's some kind of "rocky"(sylverster stallone) parody here with a coach type guy (meth doing the voice) talking funny shit throughout the song...dope dope tight shit-5
11.Mr.Sandman-RZA organized a very good posse cut here,more proof that he gives each artist their own sound...this has Inspectah Deck,The RZA and Method Man on it therefore it COULD be under Wu-Tang Clan but wouldn't fit right on a Wu album...yall follow??,RZA comes good,Deck brings another admirable clan contribution a good sense of familiarity yet a good break from Tical's second biggest flaw(the first being P.L.O. Style) and second greatest asset(the first being Meth's charisma):extreme consistency/strict synergy between rza and meth
Street Thug is nothing special just like Carlton Fisk but the only reason i listen to this whole track (RZA,Inspectah Deck and Meth's verses are first and Street and Fisk finish it off,this was ill advised but..) is because Fisk finishes this song nice.not great but nice. and RZA lays an original styled beat wit beez in the background.dope-4.75
12.Stimulation-another bangin track,more melody than most tracks here, the movie music sample is a pre-cursor to The RZA's production style on "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" and Meth rips it with Blue Raspberry singing a very vital role,Meth's voice can get a bit monotonous in this song here and there which is the songs only flaw but otherwise it's great-4.85
13.Method Man (Remix)-in comparison to the original "Method Man" this song is disappointing but it works quite well either way,Meth's voice is very different from the original but he rips it either way over this not simple but skeletal sound structure..works like clockwork,rza takes elements of the original and forms a new original beat and Meth riggidy ripz it nice not up to par with the albums best moments but still very dope-4.8

This album is very underrated i've never heard of it before jakedogg told me to get it and when i got it it didn't look familiar at all i've never heard of or seen it before the day i bought it...anybody know how much it sold???? at first i wasn't feeling it much,as a matter of fact a i regretted buying the first few days i had it(you really gotta let it grow on you for about 2 weeks).but i love it as much as i love illmatic now,this is classic to me. Jakedogg told me that people either think it's classic or hate it (due to RZA's INTENTIONAL inconsistent production) and that's why it's just labeled NEAR classic instead of classic like i think it should be LOL..go fig.well i love it. The RZA and Method Man have excellent synergy,just like RZA does with everybody in Wu-tang.The RZA knows his clansmen and you can sense a brothership with him and each member on each wu-tang track he touches,they all got love for and respect him as the head(not GZA no disrespect).I won't say Meth is the wu's best MC  tho...i mean you can say his charisma makes him so but ODB has more of that,You can say his lyricism does but GZA and Deck got that more than meth...but it's rather a mix of the 2 that make him one of the best MC's period and The RZA is just a fucking genius.together?Let's put it this way:Who are the last 2 people you hear on 36 chambers? That's Right...RZA saying "You best prteck ya neck ya best proteck ya neck ..." while meth's voice is behind his sayin "watch ya step kid watch ya step kid..".classic to me,COP THIS ALBUM.-4.89-4.9
peace-Tanjint

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2001, 09:46:28 AM »
Damn i feel like Mellowman,i didn't realize how long my review was LOL. i wanteds to add that that's 12/13 track that are all at least 4's and this album cracks me up because of some of the crazy ass funny ass shit this nyah says..i love this shit...get it!hey hellrazor i saw your review of liquid swords:dope,what do you think of this one?peace-Tanjint

westcoastavengers.com

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2001, 12:29:11 PM »
coool best review i've had so far on this board...

this is my favorite wu album

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2001, 06:00:23 PM »
Tical is a good album, but I not quite classic. Id give it 4/5.....Liquid Swords is one of my top 5 fav albums ever. Just off the hinges. By the way, the most expensive Wu album is Wu Forever, cuz its a double cd.....But definatly worth havin......Nice review for Meth though. P'z
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2001, 01:04:01 PM »
good review.. its tight with tha descriptions and shit.. yeah its a tight album

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2001, 03:36:29 PM »
good review homie, i also thought that this was a great cd, although maybe not as much as you but that's cool, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Tical
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »
1 of the best cd's I've ever bought,shit's an underground classic no doubt.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 04:41:42 AM »
1 of the best cd's I've ever bought,shit's a classic no doubt.
damn straight..a review deserved of the album ;) props !

This album i got on import from the u.s day it came out....one of my all time favourites

op (tical)  lol ...meth brings it to us with that raw spit and deadly flow...great production by the rza...def one of his masterpieces...

..i will always have this in (or very near my cd player) no matter what else i have...its classics that keep us rolling

peace

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 11:15:09 AM »
^Why did u take the word "underground" from my quote?