Author Topic: All Hate Aside  (Read 424 times)

SGV

All Hate Aside
« on: June 23, 2004, 07:31:06 AM »
Whether you hate the South, Cash Money or Lil' Wayne, you gotta give Weezy props. "Miss My Dawgs" is easily one of the best tracks, if not the best track, this year. 3 verses of fire. Verse 1 dedicated to B.G., letting him know that even if he(B.G.) disses him(Wayne), he won't respond because he loves him(Wayne even says he'd take care of B.G.'s kids if anything ever happened to him). There's very few emcees that would come out and say that. Verse 2 is dedicated to Juvenile, letting him know that he looked up to him. Verse 3 is dedicated to Turk, talkin' about how he'll look out for him like he always has. He even shouts out the Sqad at the end of the song. All these cats he shouted have dissed him, yet he's being the bigger man and squashing all that. All the verses were put together nicely, Reel's hook is great and Mannie Fresh came with a genious beat. Hate on.

Throwback

Re:All Hate Aside
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 08:33:43 AM »
why did they diss lil wayne? i kinda missed that

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 04:16:54 AM »
^ I think because they all left Ca$h Money, because of problems and only Lil' Wayne stayed at the lable. They got kinda mad, because he's a "Hot Boy" as them.

teecee

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 04:13:10 PM »
Uh, i dont like much from the south nowadays save for the odd song, and some devin or scarface.  To me, Lil Wayne's voice is perhaps the most annoying in hiphop, but this song is actually dope.  Mannie Fresh is a dope producer, i wish he could leave CMR and work with some real artists cuz he is very talented and few people realize it......dope hook too on the song by whoever that was......thanks for making me take notice SGV, i had downloaded the album and only liked The Carter until you mentioned this song......

Mr. RuthlessG

Re: All Hate Aside
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 09:32:15 AM »
Lil Wayne sucks.

Mannie Fresh a dope producer I don't think so.

DAYUM

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 11:07:41 AM »
B.G. and Turk were there only talent any other sucked

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 03:17:03 PM »
yup......i luv this track, u can hear dood's soul in the song....u cant do that with alot of rappers....hook & beat both of the hook too, constructed real well......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 10:22:54 PM »
Whether you hate the South, Cash Money or Lil' Wayne, you gotta give Weezy props. "Miss My Dawgs" is easily one of the best tracks, if not the best track, this year. 3 verses of fire. Verse 1 dedicated to B.G., letting him know that even if he(B.G.) disses him(Wayne), he won't respond because he loves him(Wayne even says he'd take care of B.G.'s kids if anything ever happened to him). There's very few emcees that would come out and say that. Verse 2 is dedicated to Juvenile, letting him know that he looked up to him. Verse 3 is dedicated to Turk, talkin' about how he'll look out for him like he always has. He even shouts out the Sqad at the end of the song. All these cats he shouted have dissed him, yet he's being the bigger man and squashing all that. All the verses were put together nicely, Reel's hook is great and Mannie Fresh came with a genious beat. Hate on.
Yeah, its a pretty dope way to retaliate

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 10:23:17 PM »
Lil Wayne sucks.

Mannie Fresh a dope producer I don't think so.
Mannie Fresh IS a dope producer

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 10:47:45 PM »
Dope track.
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 12:40:29 AM »
The Carter isn't a bad album. Lately, Cash Money records haven't been sounding that bad. I used to didn't even like them back when they were on top of the game.

I guess I can respect them and what they do, because they don't switch up their style. They don't copy other cats, they just have their own unique sound.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Throwback

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2004, 11:54:20 AM »
The Carter isn't a bad album. Lately, Cash Money records haven't been sounding that bad. I used to didn't even like them back when they were on top of the game.

I guess I can respect them and what they do, because they don't switch up their style. They don't copy other cats, they just have their own unique sound.
yea exactly, i dont hate on em, but i dont like their sound aswell.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 12:34:47 PM »

Kinda off-topic, but...you blasted me when I said how for the most part disses were stupid/pointless in the rap game, and now you're crediting Lil' Wayne as the "bigger man" because he didn't diss back. A bit hypocritical if ya ask me.