Author Topic: Wow, looks like Banks is gonna hit gold in a week!  (Read 402 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Wow, looks like Banks is gonna hit gold in a week!
« on: July 03, 2004, 10:12:33 AM »
Courtesy of aftermathmusic.com:

''LLOYD BANKS' ALBUM TO HIT #1 1ST WEEK
Lloyd Banks' debut album "The Hunger for More" is outselling expectations and will debut at #1 next week on Billboard's Top 200 Charts. Banks' debut effort will join the list, as it on pace to sell over 450,000 copies in the first week on the shelves. Banks' album will definitely top charts.''

Damn, those are crazy numbers for him. I read a similar report on another web-site saying that Banks' tally so far has far exceeded what insiders had predicted him to sell on the first week. I'm not going to lie, I expected him to do around 300k tops by the end of the week. Hopefully he can sustain these high sales and not suffer a significant drop off as experienced by D12 who did approximately 550k in their first week only to suffer a (roughly) 60% drop off the following week. I've already noticed that the promo single for ''I'm So Fly'' is out now - wish that he had picked a different second single. ''Warrior 2'' would have been awesome, but he could be saving that for the third. ''When the Chips Are Down\'' would also be a cool choice in my opinion. Anyway, I think Banks produced a solid debut and he deserves his success.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

mauzip

Re: Wow, looks like Banks is gonna hit gold in a week!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 10:43:32 AM »
This doesn't really surprise me. Banks is hot right now and you gotta admit that the album is very good (the first couple of times you hear it).

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 10:54:56 AM »
god damn...im a huge lloyd banks fan..but i thought he'd sell 250k-300k his first week...450K is good...release warrior 2, when the chips are down after Im SO fly, his album should keep selling.

Jome

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 05:41:44 PM »
god damn...im a huge lloyd banks fan..but i thought he'd sell 250k-300k his first week...450K is good...release warrior 2, when the chips are down after Im SO fly, his album should keep selling.

Yup.
It was bound to fly off shelves, Interscope is doing a CRAZY job launching him everywhere..
You can't even get on a hiphop website or read a magazine without seeing big ad's for it..
A dope video for Warrior 2 & I'm so fly, and he'll easily go multi plat.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 10:20:07 PM »
That's dope for him, and it just shows you that with the right promotion, anyone can go platinum.  Banks is nothing really special, but he's got the backing of industry heavyweights and a major record label, and that right there is the reason he's going gold the first week.

Jome

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 08:19:58 AM »
That's dope for him, and it just shows you that with the right promotion, anyone can go platinum.  Banks is nothing really special, but he's got the backing of industry heavyweights and a major record label, and that right there is the reason he's going gold the first week.

LoL, hater.
He's been EVERYWHERE.
You can't say he doesn't deserve it, he been working his ass off, promotion is just a reward for doing his job good.

I'd say he's been promoting harder than 50 did with his album, you might not like G-Unit but they seems to be among the hardest working rappers out.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 03:12:50 PM »
^^no doubt they doin they thang release joints, 50, ebg for mercy , banks, now buck, they keep it movin.......but i agree, banks aint nuttin special........his young still and may get better but overall.........50cent is still better in my opinion.........he makes better joints anyway. but selling 450k first week is fire..........i doubt you'll see a vid for warrior 2.....they usually dont make videos for joints like that, but im so fly is still sick......i predicted between 1 and 1.5 mill he'll sell, 2 plat maximum........i could be wrong, who knows, but the album isnt all that........its solid........but thats is

teecee

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 01:27:03 AM »
Considering most people view banks debut as nothing short of horrible, this is incredible.  At least 50's album was a dope commerical album, banks album is straight boring, monotonous bullshit.  To me, this seems like his association with 50 is giving him some numbers;  if he releases Warrior 2 he's gonna do a few more too, i wasnt expecting anything more than plat, but wo knows......wow

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 01:48:25 AM »
This album disappointed me. I love trac 1 though.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2004, 08:53:48 AM »
To be honest, I expected more from his album...it's not bad, just nothing mind-blowing. I think he could've gotten way better beats too...

Still, I bump it everyday 8) Congrats to him for selling that much in his first week, I never thought he would go gold in the debut week.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 01:33:25 PM »
Album is hot...it should go plat real soon...

West C. Connected

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 01:34:41 PM »
So Fly is wack to Timbo's standards.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 01:58:52 PM »
i don't see anything dope about TH4M, every song sounds the same...at least when all that hype was around 50 when he was dropping you'd tell the difference between songs, they didn't all sound the same. I was a little amped about this album but it was a disappointment just like kiss of death, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 02:01:44 PM »
Album is hot...it should go plat real soon...

i dont think it will go platinum  :-\

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 11:18:36 AM »
Album is nothing special.