Author Topic: Joe Budden Catches Heat from Black Americans for Usher Remix  (Read 1159 times)

Jome

Re: Joe Budden Catches Heat from Black Americans for Usher Remix
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2004, 06:41:57 PM »
"What I need to do is kick the bitch in the tummy"

Ice Cube said this 14 years ago and no one said anything then.

So that makes it OK to say/do it today.. ?

Half this board was 2-3 years back then and yourself was 4, you mad because no one posted it up on a non-existant message board on the non-existing internet.. ?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2004, 08:12:19 PM »
"What I need to do is kick the bitch in the tummy"

Ice Cube said this 14 years ago and no one said anything then.

So that makes it OK to say/do it today.. ?

Half this board was 2-3 years back then and yourself was 4, you mad because no one posted it up on a non-existant message board on the non-existing internet.. ?

No, I never justified it. I just found it strange this is causing controversy with an organization and it didn't 14 years ago. I don't see how I'm "mad".

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2004, 09:55:56 PM »
No, I never justified it. I just found it strange this is causing controversy with an organization and it didn't 14 years ago.

The real question is, how much did you know about rap/hiphop and black rights organizations when you were 4 years old..
The only thing I remember from being 4-9 years, is how to beat those other kids in kindergarden, much less what was in the news..

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2004, 10:14:43 PM »
What an Ass this guy is.  He'll end up dead, that's the only thing that keeps me satisfied about idiots like this.  Guys like him are the reason the avg. life expectancy for a black man is 35.  I blame Usher, the record label, Budden, and the distributor.  If it was a job, everybody'd lose theirs, but since they just do records, they can say and promote whatever they want.  And THEN the sick fuck has the balls to try and excuse it, no remorse, he doesn't care what he said.  Usher needs to speak out and distance himself from this shit, this is rediculous.  Rap is a fucking joke.  It's NOT o.k. to act like you're going to make a woman miscarriage.  This guy represents the dredges of society.  This is what we want our kids to hear? Assholes.

West C. Connected

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2004, 06:14:11 AM »
What an Ass this guy is.  He'll end up dead, that's the only thing that keeps me satisfied about idiots like this.  Guys like him are the reason the avg. life expectancy for a black man is 35.  I blame Usher, the record label, Budden, and the distributor.  If it was a job, everybody'd lose theirs, but since they just do records, they can say and promote whatever they want.  And THEN the sick fuck has the balls to try and excuse it, no remorse, he doesn't care what he said.  Usher needs to speak out and distance himself from this shit, this is rediculous.  Rap is a fucking joke.  It's NOT o.k. to act like you're going to make a woman miscarriage.  This guy represents the dredges of society.  This is what we want our kids to hear? Assholes.

WTF did Usher do you moron

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2004, 06:20:24 AM »
yet again trauma speaks without knowing the facts properly..  :D

The Predator

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2004, 07:19:28 AM »
As noted above

''Cause all I saw was Ice Cube in court
Paying a gang on child support
Then I thought deep about giving up the money
What I need to do is kick the bitch in the tummy'' Cube

This shit aint new rappers have been busting these type of lyrics for years.

Controversy sells even more records. Proven again and again over the years.

''You dont like it dont listen to it'' NWA

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2004, 07:22:03 AM »

WTF did Usher do you moron

Since it's on Usher's song it would be smart for him to publicly condemn what Budden said, and request Budden be removed from the remix. This way Usher maintain's a positive image in the mainstream, which is very important to his career.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2004, 07:24:52 AM »
Maybe Joe is talkin some shit that he has done...Game should whoop his ass...
damn, you are a true stan.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

West C. Connected

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2004, 07:46:35 AM »
I mean:

Guys like him are the reason the avg. life expectancy for a black man is 35.  I blame Usher.

Usher didn't do shit and if you would've read the fucking article you would've known that.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2004, 08:23:11 AM »
damn, people are always looking for something to complain about...whiners....

Diabolical

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2004, 08:30:23 AM »
It is from a mixtape remix, since when does the record label deal with mixtape shit & he cant be removed from it either.

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2004, 05:37:32 PM »
yet again trauma speaks without knowing the facts properly..  :D

I know the facts.  It's Usher's song.  Period.  He's responsible, as well. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2004, 05:38:31 PM »
I mean:

Guys like him are the reason the avg. life expectancy for a black man is 35.  I blame Usher.

Usher didn't do shit and if you would've read the fucking article you would've known that.

ITS USHER'S SONG.  HE NEEDS TO SAY SOMETHING. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2004, 05:39:14 PM »
It is from a mixtape remix, since when does the record label deal with mixtape shit & he cant be removed from it either.

Then can't they issue a statement or something? They don't give a fuck, and I hear Usher on it, so it's Usher's deal as well.  Fuck both of them.