Author Topic: Mo Thugs Family Scriptures [1996]  (Read 481 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Mo Thugs Family Scriptures [1996]
« on: July 13, 2001, 08:29:28 PM »

Intro--This is basically Krayzie Bone and Tre showing off their vocal skills. Nothing great, but not bad either. no rating

Searchin 4 Peace--This is a deep song. Poetic Hustlaz arent a great group, but they put it down here. The beat has a dark and eeire feel to it, like on E.1999 Eternal. They are similiar to Bone, but dont rap as fast. 4/5

Ghetto Bluez--One of my fav Bone related songs ever. Actually, it only has Layzie in it, with II Tru, but this song is off tha hook nevertheless. The beat has a jazzy type feel to it, almost meloncholy, and the song is indeed a sad one. Layzie drops one of his deepest and most conscience verses here. Im not a fan of II Tru by any means, but they came nice on this one. Classic song. 5/5

Killing Fields--Wow. Graveyard Shift are one of my fav groups, and of the few groups from Mo Thugs that I can listen to on a regular basis. They have that dark gritty sound that all Bone fans love, with thought provoking lyrics. 5/5

Mo Murder--A solo joint by Krayzie Bone. Can you say off the hinges?? Its songs like this that showcase Bone at their best. Kray divided the song into 3 different parts, and its a showcase of his diversity going from rapping to harmonizing in seconds. 5/5

Aint No Reason--This was done by Ken Dawg. Ken Dawg is aight, nothing great. He kinda reminds me of Too Short a little bit. And this song has Too Short subject matter, if you know what I mean. 3/5

Take your Time--This song kinda bored me. Tre has talent, but I dont really fuck with this song, though Krayzie dropped a good verse at the end. 2/5

Welcome To My World--This song is ok, it features II Tru and Ken Dawg. Basically a song about the streets with a played out sample. 3/5

Thug Devotion--Off tha hinges. Krayzie, Layzie, Soulja Boy, and Ken Dawg rip it up, and Tre provides a nice little background vocal to the flavor. I love the hyperass production too. 5/5

Here With Me--This song, quite simply, sucks. 1/5

Playa In Me--Another Ken Dawg song. I like this better than Aint No Reason though. His flow was a little sharper and not so laidback, and the beat was nice. 4/5

No Pretender--This is a dope song, with Graveyard Shift, Poetic Hustlaz, and Krayzie Bone. The song is pretty hardcore, with a dark and gritty beat. One of my favs on the album. 5/5

Rumores & War--Holy shit, this is tighter than a virgins pussy. Graveyard Shift prove once again they are a force to be reckoned with. The beat has a beautiful electric guitar, and the Shift drop unbelievably raw lyrics. Flesh n Bone is in this song too. 5/5

II Tru--Didnt like this song much. Ghetto Bluez was great, but they didnt bring it here. 2/5

Low Down--A Krayzie Bone/Souljah Boy duo, and a nice one at that. Just a dope, raw ass, street cut. 4/5

Family Scriptures--This has the entire family featured on it, and they all come pretty nice. The beat is one of the darkest ive ever heard, and with Graveyard Shift, Poetic Hustlaz, Flesh, Layzie, Krayzie, and the rest puttin it down, this is a great ending. 5/5

I love this album, and it was made when Mo Thugs was pretty dope. Alot of people hate on Mo Thugs, but this was a great album. The musical diversity was incredible, and most of the songs were off tha hook. The only complaints I have were some of the weak songs, and the lack of Bizzy. If it werent for those factors, this woulda be a classic album fo sure. As it is, I give it 4.5/5. Some might think im overrating it, and im just waiten for the responses, lol....but I honestly feel this is an excellent album, and most Bone fans I know were pleased with this release as well. Go pick it up. P'z
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

DPGC2001

Re: Mo Thugs Family Scriptures [1996]
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2001, 01:48:01 PM »
You overrated it a little...but this is a dope album...I remember it came out around the same time as Flesh's first album...This is one of the best Bone related releases other than their group efforts...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Smooth

Re: Mo Thugs Family Scriptures [1996]
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2001, 09:06:42 PM »
nice review

my favourite cut on there is Mo Murder... sit is soooo muthafuckin tight!

Peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0