Author Topic: Method Man & Redman- Blackout Review  (Read 1001 times)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Method Man & Redman- Blackout Review
« on: May 05, 2001, 02:00:18 PM »
Method Man & Redman- Blackout

1. A Special Joint (Intro)- "do you want to get high man" "does pinnochio have wooden balls man" meth and red introduce you to what you will be hearing over the next 70+ minutes over a funky ass jungle soundin beat. 4.5 cause it's a dope intro

2.Blackout- this track is alright but they could've started out the cd on a better note, the beat is alright and the lyrics are average and the chorus is nothing special. 3.0

3. Mi Casa- "you don't got no ends in mi case/funk docta, blow you out cha mind who shot cha" sick beat, dope ass lyrics, and a dope ass chorus, gets you right into the cd after a disappointing first track. 4.0

4. Y.O.U.- was the 3rd of 3 singles released off blackout, tight beat, tight lyrics, tight chorus= tight song. 4.0

5. 4 Seasons feat. Ja Rule & LL Cool J- no chorus to this song, it's straight up one after another bussin on the Mic. Cool J's verse is definately too long and Ja Rule is too wannabe 2Pac but the beat is dope and Meth and Red are on point. 3.5

6. Cereal Killer- sick funky bassline with funny ass lyrics in a murder story type of song. "pissin on the carseats, flattening the wheels". tight ass song. 4.0

7. Da Rockwilder- this track is as close to a classic as possible. dope beat, lyrics, bassline, everything. only problem is the fact that it's only 2:17 long. it was the second single of 3 released on this cd. 4.5

8. Tear It Off- First Single of 3 released off this cd. This song is sick as fukk, everything about it is dope, it's a fast paced kick ass track. 4.0

9. Where We At (Skit)- One of the best skits i've ever heard, catchy with a dope little beat. you can't help but sing along "da bricks da bricks, shaolin, da bricks da bricks da bricks".
5.0 for a skit

10. 1,2 1,2- it's a decent track with dope lyrics and a so so beat, you'll probably start skipping it to hear songs further into the cd. 3.5

11. Maaad Crew- In my opinion it should of been left off the cd, i don't like it at all, from the second the bassline kicks i turn it. 1.5

12. Run 4 Cover feat Ghostface & Street- Good Lyrics from everyone over a wu-tang influenced beat working for their favour. This track is worth a listen. 3.5

13. The ?- Another not so great track, mainly because of the beat, don't get me wrong the lyrics are alright but they could've went without this one y'all. 2.5

14. Dat's Dat Shit feat. Mally G- this track is off the heezy, the beat is so catchy along with a good chorus and sick lyrics. 4.0

15. Cheka- This shit is dope too. the beat, the lyrics, and the chorus is easy to remember. "microphone cheka, fuck with me and meth and weel break your fuckin necka". i never skip this one. 4.0

16. Fire Ina Hole- This is the shit. i love the chorus to this song even though it's so simple. Meth is tight as fuck on this song, he is definately strapped with the lyrics here. 4.0

17. Well All Right Cha- Good beat, Old school influenced lyrics at times and a decent little chorus, worth a listen. 3.5

18. Big Dogs- This one is taken off tical 2000 and it is red and meth going back and forth finishing eachothers lines over a cool beat. shoud've been a single when tical 2000 dropped. 3.5

19. How High (Remix)- do i have to explain, it's a hip-hop classic. 5.0

all in all when this cd was released in october of 99 it was slept on althogh it had 3 bumpin singles. i bump it on a weekly basis still and it is in my top 10 favorite cds of all time to tell the truth. you can listen to it all the way through with very little flaws and shitty tracks. the intro and skit were dope as hell and worth listening to everytime you put the cd on which is unusual. they kept the guestlist low with 5 guests on 3 different songs which makes the cd better if you want it for red and meth only. this is a pot smokin, party bumpin, club jumpin, underrated cd which has a flavor for everyone. all in all it is worth what you pay for it and it leaves you with a definate craving for future red and meth projects together ans solo. i give this cd a 4.2/5

Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Sub_Z_Row

Re: Method Man & Redman- Blackout Review
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2001, 10:12:15 PM »
damn ill probably buy that cd then
great review!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2001, 01:24:16 PM »
thanks dog, i appreciate it, i took some time on this one cause it's one of my fav cds.

Smooth

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2001, 10:05:55 PM »
nice review Hommie... i just noticed your from Windsor... im from Belleville Ontario man... glad to see more canadians on the board!... keep it true

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2001, 02:22:05 PM »
I definatly recommned this album, but I dont consider it a classic. Id give it a 4/5 or 7.5/10
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2001, 02:28:33 PM »
a 4/5 would be a 8/10...I give it an 8/10...

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2001, 03:52:59 PM »
i liked it, but i would'nt put it in my top ten albums. its good though

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2001, 04:26:45 PM »
i can't wait till these two drop another album together, imo they should've never stopped after how high, that's when they should've been a bonnie and clyde type of deal...they are a perfect match and when together they compliment eachothers style and elevate eachother to another platform which can only be reached by Method Man & Redman, peace.

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2001, 09:30:39 PM »
Everything's iight with the review except one: I think the title track isn't that bad, I love how Meth screams out BRRRRRRRRRRP and HA, ha ha!

Oh and I think it's too much Erick Sermon and too little RZA on that. The proportion is wrong.
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 11:59:07 AM »
To this day this is still one of my favorite hiphop albums. I don't agree with some of my original review 5 years ago but hey i was 18 then,

chill