Author Topic: Murder Was the Case OST  (Read 1196 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Murder Was the Case OST
« on: April 13, 2001, 09:53:25 PM »

1. Murder was the case Remix
the song that started the idea for the movie, it is also the remis to the classic song from DOGGYSTYLE, snoop's verse is slowed down and dre provides an even spookier beat some people tend to say this is better than the original but i feel the opposite but over this song is still classic....*5 outta 5*

2. Natural Born Killaz
this is one of my all time favorite songs and it is Ice Cube and Dr. Dre's first song together since cube parted ways with NWA, the beat on this is amazing as Dre switches up from his standard G-funk sound to a more Rock Influenced mad man beat, both Dre and cube spit some terrorfying verses the video is amazing also with a special guest spot by the late 2pac...*5 outta 5*

3. What would U do
this song by the dogg pound is probably one of their best ever...in this song daz and kurupt diss Bone thugs N Harmony and Bg Knocc out "and every nigga down with him"...the beat is amazing also kurupt and daz both come off nice on here and snoop gives it that exta BAM! with his background vocals...*5 outta 5*

3. 21 jump street
this song is an amazing song by snoop dogg and it is Tray deee's first appierence, daz supplies an excellent laid back beat and the Wballs intro is funny too as they introduce snoop as "snoop FROGGY dogg"...*5 outta 5*

4. One more day
daz puts in work on this beat for this Nate Dogg classic , yes the soul man behind the funk mr. Nate d-o-doubel -g gets his first solo song in which he tells vivid stories from the LBC and nate displays he can carry more than a hook ....*5 outta 5*

5 Harvest the Day
now this song by jewell is not that bad but i personally am not feeling it, although Dr. Dre hooks up an EXCELLENT r&b beat Jewell just dosn't really do any thing special besides sing the same 5 words over and over again, i would give it a 2 or 3 but dre really makes the song worth while....*4 outta 5*

6.Who got some gangsta shit?
this is another tight Snoop song which features Tha dogg pound, Lil C style and that bitch (parden my french) swoop g, daz does a good job on the beat but after snoop and the pound spit their verses the song droops a bit when swoop g kicks in his verse it's a good song but it could've been better...*4 outta 5

7. Come when i call
The beat by daz to this song is AMAZING (as usual) but i personally can stand Danny Boy...he's an alright singer but nothing that great to have his own whole song this song is very skipable....*3 outta 5*

8. U better Recognize
Sam Sneed Makes his presance known as he hooks up the beat and rhyme to this tight ass song, dr. dre does sings the chorus and Sam rips it up on this song this song more than makes up for the droopage in the middle of the album....*5 outta 5*

9. Come up to my room
this is pretty damn tight song by Jodeci featuring the Pound, kurupts verse is funny and overall it is a very tight song i can't really come up with anything else to say about this song....*4.5 outta 5*

10. Woman to Woman
the second song by jewell....*2 outta 5* LOL

11. Dollars & sense
ok this album gets back into the groove of things with another one of the west's top producers...DJ quik, quik's style of g-funk is incredible and Quik's shots at Compton's Most Wanted MC, MC eiht are hilarious , top notch Dj quik shit....*5 outta 5*

12. The Eulogy
Slip Capone and & CPO , this song is tight too, it also has kurupt on the chorus , this is another song i can't really think of anything else to say other than it's tighter than virgin pussy...*4 outta 5*

13. Horny
whoever the fuck B-rezell is he is soooooo fucking underated this song is a smooth song for "that kinda mood" during this whole song B-rezel sings about getting it on in a fashion so smooth it would make Luther Vandross wanna slap himself....*5 outta 5*

14 Eastside Westside
whoever the youngsoldiers are they shoul've been left off here this song is dumb and has no real reason to be on here....3 outta 5

Overall this album is classic with the exception of a few tracks, but the classic songs on here more than make up for the slip ups if your a fan of "the chronic" and "doggystyle" this is a perfect album for you this album was even put up to that standard by allmusic.com, this album is a grade a G-funk album....*10 outta 10 dubs (happy incognito
8) )
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Murder Was the Case OST
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2001, 03:22:05 PM »
Nice review...I totally agree;...epecially on the whack ass Jewel song...

King of tha Coast (Guest)

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2001, 05:32:15 PM »
thats some tight ass review, but wasn't the Murder was the Case remix produced by Daz ??

and whatever did happen to B-Rezell ??

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2001, 05:37:02 PM »
nope sorry not according to the credits, the only involvment daz had with it was the chorus

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

King of tha Coast (Guest)

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2001, 05:44:30 PM »
aiight thats cool, I just thought it was him as I read it somwhere a while ago,

it was probably some deillusioned Daz fans tryin to give him credit for Dres work who wrote it

R-CEE

• 'G'
  • dirty south affiliate
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2001, 05:00:40 PM »
songs o like
murder was the case
natural born killers
dollars and sense
and yall forgot this one
hot ones
its by o f t b
its a bonus track only found on the tape,,,the best song on there,,,without a doubt
my review,,,tape,,awesome
c d- get the tape
dont make me pop a slug in this bitch
u fuckin with some dirty south affiliates

Smooth

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2001, 10:56:37 PM »
Damn this was a dope CD... "One MOre Day" is a CLASSIC
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

So Much Style

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2001, 01:17:44 PM »
who are they dissing on "who got some gangsta shit"
So much style back at it again

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2001, 07:54:58 PM »
good review.