Author Topic: Kerry chose his VP  (Read 309 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Kerry chose his VP
« on: July 06, 2004, 09:21:01 AM »
Edwards, good choice IMO.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kerry chose his VP
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 09:22:44 AM »
Edwards was 2nd place in the Democratic Candidate Electoral Race wasnt he?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 09:43:17 AM »
Edwards was 2nd place in the Democratic Candidate Electoral Race wasnt he?

Yeah, I would've rather seen him be the winner.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Montana00

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 09:59:42 AM »
as i understand it john mccain was kerry's first choice for running mate, my guess because he is a well respected senator, but john mccain recently expressed his support for bush.

but anyway, yea i think edwards is the best choice, because he also did well in the democratic primaries.

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 11:23:38 AM »
Some potential headlines:

One-Term senator from North Carolina chosen as zero-term vice-presidential contender.

Dull and Duller.

The Kennedy myth continues. Vote John John

I kinda like Edwards tho, He seems like a nice guy who's got his head on straight. I woulda entertained the idea of thinking about voting for him if he got the democratic presidential nomination.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 11:46:30 AM »
current VP is this bastard dick cheney, right  ???
if the democrats win, ppl like rumsfeld&wolfowitz are also replaced I hope? guys like them is the worst man.
No, it's not a sin

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 12:02:49 PM »
if the democrats win, ppl like rumsfeld&wolfowitz are also replaced I hope? guys like them is the worst man.

How are you gonna talk about US politics when you are not 100% sure who the Vice president is?

Speaking on the VP, It's gonna be fun to see Edwards and Cheney debate. I think it's gonna be MUCHHHHHH better than the presidential debates.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 12:04:48 PM »

How are you gonna talk about US politics when you are not 100% sure who the Vice president is?

This is a Yes I guess... I hit the streets now.
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 12:06:33 PM »
yea if kerry wins rumsfeld is gone along with

the secretaries of Marines, Navy, Army, and air force
Secretary of State (powell)
Secretay of Defense (rumsfeld)
Nation Security Adviser (Condoleeza)
Director of CIA(?????)
Then the secretaries of all the cabinets (energy, commerce..lol i dont know what they are but theres lots of em)
All the ambassoders are replaced
Joint chiefs of staff are replaced

i think thats basically everything....but dont quote me on that

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2004, 12:13:20 PM »
I hit the streets now.

Hope you're strapped.

Also, if hell freezes over and Kerry wins, he can choose to change his cabinet. He can ask people if they'd like to stay on, or he can replace them. Greenspan is an example of a guy who's been there for a long ass time. Anti-terrorism adviser Richard Clarke was Chosen by Clinton, but Bush kept him on.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 02:43:15 PM »

Speaking on the VP, It's gonna be fun to see Edwards and Cheney debate. I think it's gonna be MUCHHHHHH better than the presidential debates.
cause bush and kerry are idiots?  ;)

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 04:49:04 PM »
None of you will agree with my opinion, because you're all patting each other on the back, but here's my take on John Edwards, the senator from my state of North Carolina.

The first thing to realize about this guy is that he was elected to a 6 year term and hasn't even visited the state hardly at all since 2001.  The last time he talked on the air @ the local talk radio channel (nearly the biggest on the east coast), the host asked him "So, Senator Edwards, how's the weather in New Hampshire?" He hung up and hasn't called back.  So that's the first thing to keep in mind.

The second thing to keep in mind is that he's a Trial Lawyer.  And not just any trial lawyer, a malpractice lawyer.  He's an ambulance chaser.  He once won a 6 million dollar settlement for a girl who died in a hospital, by saying that the girl was speaking through him, urging the jury to pay her family (which of course, he received a third, 2 million dollars for his performance).

I don't hate the guy, I'm sure he's a nice guy and he's friendly and intelligent and looks good and everything.  He sure hasn't done anything for my state, though.  He goes around the country talking about "there's 2 Americas" the poor, and the rich... well, which America do you belong to, Mr. Edwards, when you win 50 Million dollar lawsuits against doctors delivering crack babies? 

In Miami, Doctors can't hardly even practice, because the malpractice insurance is 275,000 dollars a year.  Why? .. because you have lawyers like John Edwards who sue doctors for having the misfortune of being on call when a crack addict comes in off the streets, drops a deformed child, and they end up taking the blame for it.  Edwards belongs to a conglomerate of the nation's top 100 trial lawyers, and has won over 60 cases involving malpractice.  I can't really get down with that.  Yall make your own minds up, though... I'm not a rich american, or a poor american, so I guess i'm not part of the America he lives in. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 04:50:50 PM »
I hit the streets now.

Hope you're strapped.

Also, if hell freezes over and Kerry wins, he can choose to change his cabinet. He can ask people if they'd like to stay on, or he can replace them. Greenspan is an example of a guy who's been there for a long ass time. Anti-terrorism adviser Richard Clarke was Chosen by Clinton, but Bush kept him on.

And of course Colin Powell

Montana00

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 06:03:41 PM »
just to add to malpractice, It actually does horrible damage to hospitals.  Hospitals dish out millions and millions per case, and it happens quite often.  But as for john edwards, i know nothing about him. I know nothing about his past or what hes doing right now.

But it doesnt matter anyway, becuase bush is going to win.

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 10:21:25 PM »
just to add to malpractice, It actually does horrible damage to hospitals.  Hospitals dish out millions and millions per case, and it happens quite often.  But as for john edwards, i know nothing about him. I know nothing about his past or what hes doing right now.

But it doesnt matter anyway, becuase bush is going to win.

Man, I can sum his past up pretty quickly, becuase he's young.  He was born to a middle class factory foreman in South Caccalacci, he went to law school, married the day after he passed his bar exam, got a job with a law firm representing big businesses in class action law suits, then jumped ship, started his own firm suing the companies he used to work for... spent millions and millions of dollars to be elected Senator of North Carolina, and then spent half a term as Senator, and the last 3 years, he hasn't done shit.  He abandoned his elected office, basically.  Like I said, I like the guy personally, but I don't think he's a good politician at all, and I don't like malpractice lawyers because they generally prey on doctors and medical insurance companies.  You can't say you're for affordable health care when you've spent your life raising the cost of practicing medicine.  He's so good at it, as I said he was named to a conglomerate of the nation's top 100 trial lawyers.  87 percent of his money used to elect him Senator was donated to him BY lawyers.  Yall are all conspiracy theorists, think about THAT shit.