Author Topic: Moment Of Truth  (Read 513 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Moment Of Truth
« on: July 01, 2001, 10:30:05 AM »

For 12 years now, there is one group who has maintained their credibilty through years of hardwork and integreity, and have improved with each release: Gang Starr. Primo has established himself has one of hip hops best producers, and this album is perhaps his finest work to date. And Guru almost always puts a deep message in his lyrics. What more can you ask from a duo?? On Moment Of Truth, Guru touches on subjects as the polticial powers that take away from the less fortuante on "Robbin Hood Theory", maintaing a business separatly from a friendship on "B.I. VS. Friendship", and on striving to improve yourself on "Moment Of Truth". The production on this album is beautifully constructed, as seen on tracks like Royalty, The Militia, Above The Clouds [another fabulous song, featuring Inspectah Deck], and She Knows What She Wants. Betrayal is a self explanatory gem, featuring a little southern flavor with Scarface. What is striking about this album is how advanced it sounds compared to earlier Gang Starr albums. Of the 20 songs on here, the only one I dont care for is The Mall. This track just didnt do anything for me. But other than that, this album is a classic, and probably the best album of 98' [Aquemini is a close second]. Pick up this album, you wont regret it. Gang Starr's finest work to date, and I cant wait for their next album.    10/10
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Smooth

Re: Moment Of Truth
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2001, 08:26:02 PM »
nice review hommie

couldnt agree more... CLASSIC cd.... pick it up yall

Peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

xz

• 'G'
  • dead disney muthafuckas... 2002 shit
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2001, 03:19:28 PM »
nice review but i think aquemini takes the cake for '98.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2001, 02:09:07 PM »
i agree with xz 98 belonged to 'kast , moment of truth was faaaaar from classic in my opinion they had better earlier stuff, moment of truth was aright far from classic though in my opinion

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09