Author Topic: Poll: over 40% of Canadian teens think America is "evil"  (Read 631 times)

smerlus

Re: Poll: over 40% of Canadian teens think America is "evil"
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2004, 04:52:46 PM »
on most telephone polls i'm a black lady with 14 children so what's the point?

pappy

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2004, 04:55:01 PM »
on most telephone polls im a cleptomaniac lol.  one time they called me about ice cream an i was like why buy ice cream when you could just steal it lol.  an they were like excuse me sir.  i was like i steal it i dont pay an they were like ummm you have a good day sir *hangs up*

smerlus

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2004, 04:59:32 PM »
on most telephone polls im a cleptomaniac lol.  one time they called me about ice cream an i was like why buy ice cream when you could just steal it lol.  an they were like excuse me sir.  i was like i steal it i dont pay an they were like ummm you have a good day sir *hangs up*

i usually have to go because i have to beat on Jerome

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2004, 07:48:34 PM »
To be honest, I don't hate America as much as people might think, rather I dislike many of it's policies. But to call it evil is just plain foolish, but most Canadian teens are too busy drinking and smoking weed to actually understand politics. In reality, the US is Canada's best friend in the whole world. If Canada were ever attacked you could be damn sure America would be the first ones helping us out, but if we keep insulting them eventually they won't be there.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Suga Foot

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2004, 08:08:40 PM »
^good point^

This is one of the reasons I don't like our current liberal government.  Steven Harper wanted to build a better relationship with the US.  These are just children that were polled.  I would assume most Canadians would realize that we can't survive as a country without the US.  I hear a lot of people say the best thing about being Canadian is that "we're not American".  There really isn't much of a difference between the two countries.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2004, 08:39:35 PM »
^good point^

This is one of the reasons I don't like our current liberal government.  Steven Harper wanted to build a better relationship with the US.  These are just children that were polled.  I would assume most Canadians would realize that we can't survive as a country without the US.  I hear a lot of people say the best thing about being Canadian is that "we're not American".  There really isn't much of a difference between the two countries.

Excellent post. Harper said he wanted to build better relations and the faggot ass Bloc Quebecois said that he would make us a US state. Harper made so many great points, he might just have been our best PM ever but now he won't even be given the chance. The fucking Liberals and NDP made up so much bullshit propaganda about Harper it was insane. My fave Harper quote about that was, "They say we've got a hidden agenda. Hey Mr. Martin, where's our money?"

If Harper had been elected we'd have better relations with the US. Now we'll just piss them off more.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Montana00

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2004, 08:46:54 PM »
no offense but america would be obligated to help because canada cant defend itself

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2004, 08:50:59 PM »
no offense but america would be obligated to help because canada cant defend itself

I don't see why America would be obligated, but I agree. Canada can't defend itself. Although apparently we're getting a $5 billion increase in military spending. I wonder where that money's coming from? Oh yeah, the already overtaxed people. >:(

Paris

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2004, 09:44:29 PM »
I don't really c a huge difference between Canada and the U.S when you look at the people and culture. Except in the French Speaking parts .

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2004, 10:28:18 PM »

I don't see why America would be obligated, but I agree.

America generally would help out any country it has an amicable relationship with militarily.  Even though your prime minister thinks we're idiots, we'd be the first ones there (along with England, I'm sure, and Australia) if anything ever happened.  We're all about beating somebody's ass, lol.  I think Canada, Mexico, England, and Australia will always have the comfort of knowing we would protect them like we would our home land. 

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2004, 10:43:45 PM »
Consider the poll within the context of the Bush administration. Ive thought America was evil for years, but u know us Canadians like our neighbours. Its just that Bush, in his approach, policies and actions is about as un "Canadian" as u can get. So its more anti Bush then anti Americanism up here.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2004, 11:27:07 PM »
i say who cares...it's not like canada contributes anything good to the world

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2004, 12:00:17 AM »
i say who cares...it's not like canada contributes anything good to the world

Yea, but at the same time they don't contribute anything bad either.
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2004, 02:54:50 AM »
oh yes they do ....

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Smoke

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2004, 03:18:20 AM »
About the article.
First of all you can suddenly notice how big is the difference between all the interviewed teens (40% thinks USA is evil) and the french Canadian ones in particular (over 64%). It's easy to understand the reason. Second, they have made polls like this one in Italy too, and in Europe in general. And it was something close to 40% too (and we are talking about a pro-Bush Government, here in Italy). So those polls are not really interesting, in my opinions, cause everywhere there's a part of population pro-USA, and the other one, who can do nothing against it, who hates on USA. And to hate on USA means to think they are "evil". You can give this poll all the political interpretations you want/need, but it's a fact that if a 14 years old listen to his daddy call America "evil", he'll repeat it/think it. It's a fact that if the former Prime Minister's communications director calls Bush as a moron and if Carolyn Parrish says "Damn Americans. I hate those bastards!", it will affect common peoples opinion on USA, and the one of teens in particular. In a scenario like this one, i aint surprised some of the teens thinks, like their fathers do, that America is "evil". It's clear that if "Anti-Americanism played a prominent role in the election strategy of the Liberals", a lot of people will think about American the way Liberals do. Where's the surprise? The best comment about the article you can find it in the article itself: "with anti-Americanism playing such a prominent role in this past election campaign, it is no wonder that the United States was viewed in such a negative light".

@7even the Harbinger
99% of Americans think Muslims are evil? Maybe, i give you that. What about.. 99% of muslims think USA is evil? There's a war going on, shit. And propaganda is stronger than ever, during a war. Both sides. The problem is that one side is a "religious" side, and that's the thing i hate with a passion about this situation. Real muslims should not hate on other people, like real catholics should. Real muslims should not support other muslims acting wrong. Instead the truth is that a great percentage of muslims aint talking shit against them bastards beheading innocent people. In America they talked "enought" about the mistakes of Allies, dont they? In the middle east they arent. That's the difference. And i explained it better in that "the hypocricy of muslims" topic.