Author Topic: Yo Yo - Total Control Review  (Read 1090 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Yo Yo - Total Control Review
« on: April 14, 2001, 04:03:46 PM »
Since nobody wants to review this, I'll review it...This is my first review ever!!!

1."One For The Cuties" (F. MC Lyte)- Very Nice Battlect Beat! Yo Yo's Lyrics are alright, MC Lyte comes off much better, not such a great intro, but very catchy chorus...
Rating:3.5 outa 5

2."Yo Yo Funk" - Very Very Funky Track, and Very Very Funky beat by Battlecat, this is as funky as Yo Yo get's, Nice Track, laid back...
Rating: 5 outa 5

3."Bonnie And Clyde 2" (F. Ice Cube)- Very nice beat by Battlecat, but it's to sampled, not enough originality, but nice lyrics by Ice cube and Yo Yo, reminds me of the track "Friday" by Ice Cube.
Rating: 4 Outa 5

4."Steady Risin" - Classic Beat by DJ U-Neek, this track makes Yo Yo sound like the female member of Bone Thug's, Yo Yo raps really fast
Rating: 5 outa 5

5."Same Ol Thang" - Not my type of track, slow beat by Tone Toven and Chicago, and slow song, Nice Lyrics though, but to soft
Rating: 3 Ota 5

6."Tre' Ride"(F. MC Breed) - Another Laid Back Beat, but the beat doesn't fit Yo Yo's lyrics, but the chorus fits the beat perfect...MC Breed Sounds like Kokane when he's doing the chorus, but he doesn't throw in a verse.
Rating: 3.5 outa 5

7."Body Work" (F. Teena Marie) - Nice beat by Battlecat, sounds a LITTLE recycled from the first track, yet another laid back track, but nice track, Lyrics are tight, chorus is nice too, Yo Yo raps to loud for the beat...
Rating: 3.5 outa 5

8."How Can Be Down" (F. Ruff Dogg) - Nice Battlecat Track, Yo Yo and Ruff Dogg trade off smooth verses, pretty nice Roger Troutman like Chorus...
Rating: 4 Outa 5

9."Thank You, Boo" - Sounds like an old beat, nice lyrics, weak chorus, weak Track all together...
Rating: 3 Outa 5

10."Yo Yo's Night" - Very Nice Warren G Beat, at first it sounds like a Dre beat, but then Warren kicks in his laid back G-Funk sound, Very Nice lyrics, but Chorus is almost the same as "Ladies Night" istead it's saying 'Yo Yo's night' and the Chorus is kinda changed...
Rating: 4 outa 5

All together I rate this tight album 8.25 outa 10 dubs...One of Battlecats first projects he worked on, and tight lyrics by Yo Yo..Sems like a short album, but it's not since there's no Intro, Skit's, or Outro...Peace, hope ya liked my review...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Yo Yo - Total Control Review
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2001, 01:24:09 PM »
Does anyone even have this album??? It's probably one of the most underated albums ever mostly because it has Battlecats first work, and some production by DJ U Neek, and Warren G, and a tight track with Ice Cube, plus she's a great rapper, one of the greatest females, very underated, go peep the album, Battlecat comes off tight with the 7 produced tracks...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2001, 01:18:54 AM »
Does anyone in the world eevn have this album? Or did it only sell one copy??? I'm surprised no one wants to peep Battlecats early work...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2001, 04:33:09 PM »
Did anyone read this?

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2001, 05:35:45 PM »
wow i'd like to check this cd out but i have never heard of it till this moment and i doubt it is in any record stores around here...what did it sell, like 1,000 copies out the trunk or something cause that shit is maddd unheard of, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2001, 06:03:37 PM »
I dunno, but I got it for .99 cents from a used CD store...It has a bunch of classic Battlecat beats...This is like one of Battelcats first albums he worked on...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Yo Yo - Total Control Review
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 06:34:15 PM »
LMAO, I remember this.

The Predator

Re:Yo Yo - Total Control Review
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 07:01:15 AM »
I dont know if it was from this album but she had two videos from the same album when she was in to full westside gangsta bitch mode that used to get played on MTV which had some tight production. This is before she tried the diva attempt and sunk.

MIC44

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 10:02:56 AM »
For me, it's the best album of YOYO's career.