Author Topic: help with car stereo problem.. music is always skipping...  (Read 107 times)

We Fly High

i dont know what the ufck is up with my car stereo/system. i have a 6 disc changer in the trunk.. and when i play music, it skips so often, even when its a brand new cd.. but i find that as soon as i turn the volume down, the skipping stops, and the music continues to play smoothly... like when i listen to it closely, at low volumes, the cd does not skip at all.. but once i turn it up, the problem starts again... anyone could provide explanation or tips..

Montana00

Re: help with car stereo problem.. music is always skipping...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 04:30:49 PM »
are you hitting bumps in the road when the skipping happens? if so try listening to the cd when your in park.

if your in park and it still does it im gonna say theres something wrong with the cd laser. my home stereo used to skip like crazy, the laser was cheap.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Re: help with car stereo problem.. music is always skipping...
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 04:50:58 PM »
Do you have a box in your trunk. The vibrations may be causing it to skip. the vibrations from the music can easily fuck with the changer. Get some RAAMMat. Its exactly like Dynomat. But way less expensive. It could solve ya problems. If its not that it could be a shitty laser and may need to replace it. Even another suggestion. Check your antenna. Mine was the wrong size and needed an adapter. It fits a little into the plug and I just electrical taped it still. Everything worked right but It sounded like it was skippin' at high volumes. The bass would go off by itself. It could be that also.