Author Topic: Tha Doggfather  (Read 2405 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tha Doggfather
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 11:11:45 AM »
People shitted on this album because it wasn't as good as Doggystle, but if you judge it on it's on merit it's still a pretty good album.  But Tha Last Meal was way better.

EXacly. Some tracks to me were realy bad while others were pretty cool. Some of these tracks had bad mixing as well and the production sometimes lack that extra something.

This was part of a trasition for Death Row this is when they brought in the new jazzy funky style that we heard Snoop, Lbc crew, Dogg poud and the otehr spit on for a while.

west coast techniec

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 09:38:27 PM »
this is may fav snoop dogg alblum just cause i have played my doggystyle cd to death .Blueberry and gold rush are the best tracks and they give you a idea of what the lbc crew could have been techniec is amazing on those 2 tracks and bad azz was still killing it also

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 02:04:52 AM »
I Think This Iz My Fav. Snoop Solo... 8)

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 03:26:07 AM »
i love how they imitate tony montana on "downtown assassins" classic track.5.5
anotha 5 point-tracks: "gold rush", "groupie","blueberry", "up jump the boogie", "snoop´s upside ya head".and track "doggfather" is tight too.4.5

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 11:32:44 AM »
^^^ yeah dt assasins was dope

HEC

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 09:10:20 PM »
I have to put this album back into rotation, probably my 2nd favorite album from Snoop, that "Downtown Assassins" track was :o

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 02:38:00 AM »

Producers(Dat Nigga Daz-2,12,20  DJ Pooh-4,7,9,11,13,16,19 Soopafly-5,10 Arkim and Flair-8,14 Sam Sneed- 17 L.T and Snoop Doggy Dogg-15)
1. Intro- Snoop dedicates this one to tha niggaz that said Gangsta Rap was dead.  Hmm who could've that been?
2. Doggfather- nice funk mix by Daz and Snoop comes decent.  Good song. 3.5 out of 5.
3.Ride 4 Me- skit
4- Up Jump tha Boogie- Pooh laces this tight cut and Snoop and Kurupt both shine. 4 out of 5.
5- Freestyle Conversation- Soopafly provides a beat so Snoop could just freestyle.  Dope. 4 out of 5.
6- When I grow up- skit
7.- Snoop Bounce- Pooh brings a similar type funk as his previous effort for Snoop to put down some tight as raps. 4 out of 5
8. Gold Rush- Wild West type feel on this dope posse cut.  Snoop, Kurupt, Bad Ass and Technique all drop tight ass verses esp. Kurupt.  5 out of 5
9- Me and My Doggz- Damn this beat is FUNKY!  Pooh drops some serious shit on here too bad it overides Snoop's whispery vocals.  3 out of 5
10. You Thought- feat Soopafly and too Short- nice beat by Soopafly but chorus can get annoying. Pimp type lyrics. 3 out of 5
11- Vapors- Snoop covers the Classic Biz joint and adds his own life experienced lyrics.  Dope. 4 out of 5
12. Groupie- classic Death Row posse cut feat. Dogg Pound, Nate and Warren.  Daz provides the killer track.  4.5 out of 5
13. 2001- Pooh laces this and Snoop just kills it with tat doggystyle flow.  4.5 out of 5
14. sixx Minutes- alot of heads didn't feel this but I thought it was dope, even though Snoop is whispering all over this track shit sounded smooth. 3.5 out of 5
15. Wake up- LT and Snoop combine to lace this basically solo Tray Dee cut with Snoop dropping the chorus and verse at the end.  Nice. 3.5 out of 5
16. Snoop's upside Ya Head- first single off the album although didn't blow up like previous Snoop cuts.  Snoop drops some postitive lyrics over another funk beat by Pooh. 3.5 out of 5
17. Blueberry- Daz and Kurupt shine over this classic Sam Sneed track.  5 out of 5
18. Traffic Jam- skit
19. Doggyland- More positive lyrics from Snoop. 3 out of 5.
20. Downtown Assassins- Classic Daz on the beat, Classic Snoop brings the heat.  Daz and Tray Dee also bring the fire on this gangstified track. 5 out of 5
21. Outro- Snoop dedicates this to 2Pac-RIP.

Overall 7.5 out of 10.
This is Snoop's second best album even though it's a dropoff from the Classic Doggystyle.  Tight lyrics although alot on the positive side, and dope flows. Only thing missing is Snoops delivery he whispers alot on several tracks.  Pooh, Daz, Soopafly and others provide dope beats although alot of Pooh's sounded redundant.  Sadly Snoop joined No Limit after this album and has never sounded the same. 

yeah i think dre's coaching is missed here.

it's certainly not a bad album, but it would have been better if dre mixed it like he did with dogg food.

HEC

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 07:37:07 AM »
^^^^
I agree about the mixing, probably the only problem I had with this album. I don't mind Snoop's delivery, its laid back at times but it kind of suits the production

Muhfukka

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 12:12:08 AM »
definitely snoops second best cd

Blasphemy

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 07:15:19 AM »
Intro is talking about Ice Cube, and Dr. Dre. This was around the time they decided to create the Heltah Skeltah album. Which wasn't gangsta rap, but apocalyptic, dark, destruction and Anarchy. Would of been a choice record. Natural Born Killaz was set up to on the album & a single.