Author Topic: Eazy-E - Str8 Off tha Streetz of Muthaphuckin' Com  (Read 1510 times)

That_Cracka_J

Eazy-E - Str8 Off tha Streetz of Muthaphuckin' Com
« on: May 18, 2002, 05:14:57 PM »
Eazy-E – Str8 Off tha Streetz of Muthaphuckin’ Compton

1. First power…Intro based on the movie with the same title.  Almost prophetic.  
2. Ole school shit…A song with a compilation of Ruthless artists.  Production has a dark feel to it with a mix of G-funk.  Eazy only has a few lines, but everybody else represents well.  5/5
3. Sorry Louie…E talks about bustin’ heads with a Louisville Slugger.  You gotta love it.  Tight gangsta lyrics.  4/5
4. Just tah let U know…This track has more of a radio feel to it.  It’s a little softer, but still has that gangsta touch to it.  Eazy spits 3 tight ass verses.  Truck rattlin’ beat.  5/5
5. Sippin’ on a 40…E, Knocc Out, and Dresta trade verses to a sample of ‘Slipping into Darkness’.  Really just a song about cruisin’ around the hood.  4/5
6. Nutz on ya chin…Tight ass beat and some tight ass lyrics.  4.5/5
7. Tha muthaphuckin’ real…One of the most laidback beats ever.  MC Ren flows some tight ass verses and Eazy puts down a hellafied flow.  You can’t help but nod your head to this one.  5/5
8. Lickin’, suckin’, fuckin’…interlude
9. Hit the hooker…Different sounding beat produced by Naughty by Nature.  E flows faster than he normally does.  It’s a different kinda fuck song.  3.5/5
10.   My baby’z mama…E speaks of his scandalous baby’s mothers.  The lyric’s are great, but the beat gets repetitive and annoying.  3/5
11.   Creep n crawl…Smooth gangsta track.  E flows spits the flow slowly and it fits the beat perfectly.  4/5
12.   Wut would you do…Another diss track to Dr. Dre/Death Row which is an answer to the song with the same name on the Murder was the Case soundtrack.  E opens up with what sounds like an intro, but it’s a rhyme.  Dirty Red puts down a good verse too.  4/5
13.   Gangsta beat 4 tha street…A smooth, laidback track made for rollin’ around bumpin’.  Again, it features Ruthless artists and only a few lines by E, but it’s a tight ass sound.  5/5
14.   Eternal E…outro

OVERALL…8/10

It’s a shame Eazy wasn’t around long enough to make this into a double album as he intended to.  Production was tight except for a couple of tracks, but Eazy’s verses make up for the sub-par beats on those songs.  All Ruthless artists featured on the CD make a nice contribution.  If E was alive at the time of release and hand-picked the tracks he wanted here, it had the potential to be a 9 or 10.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Smooth

Re: Eazy-E - Str8 Off tha Streetz of Muthaphuckin'
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2002, 08:16:59 PM »
nice review homie i agree with most of what you said... "Ole School Shit" is my favourite track on here fo sure...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

KVB

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2002, 05:24:36 AM »
nice review homie i agree with most of what you said... "Ole School Shit" is my favourite track on here fo sure...

Peace

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2002, 08:50:56 PM »
Dope Review...

IwisOG

• Lil Geezy
Re: Eazy-E - Str8 Off tha Streetz of Muthaphuckin' Com
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 12:05:21 PM »
Can't agree about giving 4/5 for Creep N Crawl, in my opinion its on of the best songs ever, the beat is gangsta as fuck and the lyrics are sick

bussy_mama

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »
GUYS ITS HAPPENING LIVE IN OUR COUNTRY. THE 1ST ONLINE ROMANCE FORUM www.synamix.net CHECK OUT SYNAMIX FORUM TO DISCUSS LOVE, ROMANCE, RELATIONSHIP, SEX, HEALTH, MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE ISSUES AND ANY MORE DISCUSSIONS ON www.synamix.net . JOIN US TODAY.

westcoastriders

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
Can't agree about giving 4/5 for Creep N Crawl, in my opinion its on of the best songs ever, the beat is gangsta as fuck and the lyrics are sick
yeah i agrre that Creep and I crawl was my fav on the album! Gangsta to the fullest! I use to bust mission to that song! lol

If I say bitch lets go, you already know, Westward Hoe!

_TLD_

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 07:04:03 AM »
yo technically its vol. 1, he recorded both vol 1 and 2 so tomica or somebody has aboug 35-40 unreleased eazy songs completely done at the minimum.

Teddy Loc

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 09:41:46 PM »
Great Album. Im listening to "Eternal E" on the album as I type. No Doubt.

R.I.P. Eazy-E
#NoDoubt