Author Topic: Zakat, the third pillar of Islam- Charity is purification.  (Read 215 times)

infinite59

Zakat, the third pillar of Islam- Charity is purification.
« on: July 08, 2004, 10:29:44 PM »
In Islam, we have a Arabic word, zakat.  I think the root letters are zain, ka, and ta.  It means more than just charity, but it also means undergoing a cleansing or a purification.  Muslims give from what they have as a means of purifying what they keep.   

For example, if you give money to a new Muslim, a traveler, or a begger on the streat, Allah will purify the money you have that is leftover, and safegaurd it from harm, so that you won't waste it and buy a car that will break down on you, or something of the sort. 

Allah will also keep with him the money you spent in the cause of Allah, and give it back to you with interest in the hereafter. 
Allah is certainly the best giver, most merciful, and most knowledgeable in all our affairs.  Assalamulaikum-1
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 10:33:20 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Zakat, the third pillar of Islam- Charity is purification.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 08:04:55 AM »
I give to charities all the time, and I noticed that I have actually been able to save money easier since then. Allah does indeed work in mysterious ways.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 08:42:06 AM »
I give to charities all the time, and I noticed that I have actually been able to save money easier since then. Allah does indeed work in mysterious ways.

Al-Hamdu-Lillah!  Interesting how giving money provides you with more money. 

Another fascinating truth about Islam is that taking out time for prayer saves time, in providing for greater quality in the hours spent outside of prayer.

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 09:26:10 AM »
I guess my questions aren't good enough to be answered?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 10:47:08 AM »

Another fascinating truth about Islam is that taking out time for prayer saves time, in providing for greater quality in the hours spent outside of prayer.

I've noticed that with prayers as well.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Montana00

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 10:53:58 AM »
im not up on all this purification and cleaning of my money, but im not against donating money to charities that have good causes.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 05:42:45 PM »

Could be Allah... Could be karma... Could be Jesus... Could be hard work  ::)