Author Topic: What book are you currently reading?  (Read 268 times)

infinite59

Re: What book are you currently reading?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2004, 06:47:56 AM »
Really my new thing is I'm trying to study the etymology of words.  Like, it's interesting to me when I find a word like "cotton" has Arabic roots, that the word "America" was taken from the old Keltic language and meant "warrior", or that the name "Marcus" came from the worshipping of the planet Mars as a God.   I love that.  That's my new hobby, going to the library and looking at their reference material on the origion's of words and names.

We Fly High

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 07:02:31 AM »
reading a book , mostly interested about books about music.. i forgot what its called. dont have the book on me. in an internet cafe right now.. but somethin like "it aint about a salary:rap race and resistance in los angeles" excellent reading material.. quite pricey though.. but has OLD school interviews with everyone before they blew up.. this islike pre 92, pre The Chronic era... like old school interviews with quik, boo yaa, kid frost, dre, ice cube, eazy e, and all that shit. Great shit.. but the book costed me like 70 bones.. and it wont really cost any cheaper than that.. i also reading the ego trip rap list book.. excellent reading materiall. not really a REAL story/book.. but has tons of knowledge... it'll striaght up increase ur knowledge on hip hop by like 2000 fold..

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2004, 07:04:12 AM »
^ i've got that book... thats the one someone posted up about a lil while ago. read it a few months back

right now i'm reading  "talisman", a brand new book which i've posted up about before.

www.talismanthebook.com

go peep to find out what its about.  its not out iin america yet, but will be in the fall. (you could order online tho...)

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2004, 07:25:03 AM »
i got two words for you: FUCK BOOKS!

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2004, 09:29:53 AM »
^ i've got that book... thats the one someone posted up about a lil while ago. read it a few months back

right now i'm reading  "talisman", a brand new book which i've posted up about before.

www.talismanthebook.com

go peep to find out what its about.  its not out iin america yet, but will be in the fall. (you could order online tho...)

i remember u posting all this egyptian shit in a thread in g-pot a while back...guess this was the inspiration... 8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2004, 09:32:30 AM »
Sein Language by Jerry Seinfeld.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2004, 11:44:48 AM »

www.talismanthebook.com

i remember u posting all this egyptian shit in a thread in g-pot a while back...guess this was the inspiration... 8)

haha naww this shits brand new!

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2004, 12:19:41 AM »
reading books doesnt make you smart. it just makes you a person who enjoys reading.

I don't know if reading makes one smarter, but no doubt it increases your knowledge.

true

but tis not about gettting smarter its just a form of entertainment, but true none the less.

-KIDRENEGADE-

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2004, 01:16:48 PM »
Pent House Forum

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2004, 03:09:25 PM »
Drop City, a novel about a hippy commune

My Life, by the best President since Johnson

and I'm re-reading the Harry Potter books

The guy that said "The best Democracy Money can buy" - that first chapter on the 2000 election is great.  If only I could post it on here to shut some people up.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2004, 02:18:42 AM »
i just started reading Empire by Niall Furguson, about the british empire which was the largest empire every at its peak controling 1/4 of the world from a small country called england with very little beuracracy many countries could take note at our previous administration, promotion of free trade etc. even tho it did have its darkside which most people know about and can't be forgotten but everyone seems to forget about its positives including trying to stamp out slavery once we came to our senses and gracefully giving up our empire while others thaught to keep or increase theirs.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Woodrow

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2004, 11:18:33 PM »
I'm reading a whole bunch.
1.) Responsible Partisandhip by John C Greene and Paul S. Herrnson
2.) The Buying of the President 2004 by Charles Lewis
3.) United States Foreign Policy-Making: Process, Problems, and Prospects for the Twenty-First Century by William H. Baugh
4.) The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (This is like the 4th time I've read this one)