Author Topic: Since none of you clones would post it  (Read 206 times)

Vicious

Since none of you clones would post it
« on: June 30, 2004, 10:13:28 PM »
Army to recall 5,600 troops involuntarily

Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The Army is preparing to notify about 5,600 retired and discharged soldiers who are not members of the National Guard or Reserve that they will be involuntarily recalled to active duty for possible service in Iraq or Afghanistan, Army officials said today.

It marks the first time the Army has called on the Individual Ready Reserve, as this category of reservists is known, in substantial numbers since the 1991 Gulf War. Several hundred of them have volunteered for active-duty service since the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

Those who are part of the involuntary call-up are likely to be assigned to National Guard or Reserve units that have been mobilized for duty in Iraq or Afghanistan, according to Army officials who discussed some details today on condition they not be identified because a public announcement was planned for Wednesday.

Members of Congress were being notified of the decision today, the officials said.

Unlike members of the National Guard and Reserve, the individual reservists do not perform regularly scheduled training. Any former enlisted soldier who did not serve at least eight years on active duty is in the Individual Ready Reserve pool, as are all officers who have not resigned their commission.

The Army has been reviewing its list of 118,000 eligible individual reservists for several weeks in search of qualified people in certain high-priority skill areas like civil affairs.

Sad situation...ah well Bush was asking for it and England followed like puppies  ::) ;D

Doggystylin

Re: Since none of you clones would post it
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 10:24:26 PM »
involuntarily? ok fuck this asshole....those troops he sent there didnt mind, but now hes tellin people who dont want to go to go give up their lives. i sure as hell will refuse to go if it comes down to it, ill face the jailtime or just bounce, simple as that, its not worth it. my life is worth more than to be a puppet of that idiotic mass murderer.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 01:57:27 AM »
that sux

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 02:02:16 PM »
Ouch, thats sad.

smerlus

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 09:35:15 PM »
guess they shouldn't have joined then.... Taco bell won't ask me to clean the shit out of their bathrooms because i don't work there

pappy

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 09:42:35 PM »
guess they shouldn't have joined then.... Taco bell won't ask me to clean the shit out of their bathrooms because i don't work there

taco bell asked me to clean the shit outta there bathrooms but thats cuz i left a mess in there :(

smerlus

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 09:45:51 PM »

taco bell asked me to clean the shit outta there bathrooms but thats cuz i left a mess in there :(

lol damn you must have fucked that place up

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 01:29:45 PM »

thatll teach u to eat at taco bell...

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2004, 05:20:51 PM »

Way to stay on topic.  :D Anyways, this is sad...

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 12:36:06 PM »

Way to stay on topic.  :D Anyways, this is sad...
Does anyone have anything else to say?

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 12:15:36 AM »
shit I hate working on the base, I never should have made that thread

-KIDRENEGADE-