Author Topic: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....  (Read 16527 times)

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2004, 04:56:17 PM »
Let me clear something up...
There were several different versions of "Untouchable" better yet there were alot of songs that were completed for the album. Now the version that Scott allegedly has is the album (or justone of many tracks that were recorded) currently that was done when Suge was coolin' out with Ray J, Ja, Irv Gotti, etc. Hutch, Triple 7, and Monsta basically did an Untouchable album version that I have. Please note that Crook did alot of music, so it's true Suge didn't want to release "Untouchable" (whatever songs made up that version). And the reasons are a little bit more biased then was was written here. Because I know many folks at the label and associated with our respected crews at that time who really thought this album was going to be a banger, but when the CEO don't like something it won't go. And Devante did some tracks, but they were never going to be used on the album, Suge and him have history and that's why he even did some tracks on the labum to begin with, but I'm sure Scott doesn't have ALL the songs that was recorded, based on the fact Crook and Co. don't operate like and just give tracks out like that. So I think it's unfair to say why it wasn't released, when all the songs recorded for the album werent given its just due. Triple 7 did some standout work, point blank. And DR owns the rights to the songs recorded btw. And Suge is not a producer and doesn't know anything about production, he has never handled production on any album, he just oversees the projects and cuts checks. So if he was home at the time when Untouchable was created the album would still be the same. In fact the only reason Gotti, Ray J, Devante etc. did tracks here and there was because of favors, like 99% of how all labels operate when trying to corner a market. Now whatever happened prior to my group's involvement with Death Row and after they left the label is out of my reach, but all I can speak on is what I know from being in sessions and seeing how things worked at the label (both good and bad). Personally the best time to have released an album was when Suge first got out, you couldn't believe the press he was getting. It was like he received over several million dollars worth of press for free. Basically we figured that Crook would be the marquee artist of the label, ATL, would be the marquee group of the label, and J. Valentine would be the marquee R&B artist of the label. The other artists were really just there. That's what Suge had said in various meetings, but of course that changed drastically and ATCQ infamous saying ran true "Industry rule 4080.....record company people are shadyyyyyyy" Alot of shit happened at the label that wasn't cool, but hey it turned out for the better for all parties involved. I think Kurrupt will do well, his album is better than his previous releases, but the industry and consumers are so fickle that without BIG BIG budgets (and smaller artist returns) many artists/labels may break even or go in the red. But to this day who knows what would of been the final tracklisting for the album, with all the everyday changes that was going on at the time.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2004, 05:14:50 PM »
Thats true, the album you have was the first and most prolly best one he recorded. The original "Untouchable" LP, from around 2000/01 that featured only a few acts, J Valentine was one and had Big Hutch, Jim Gettum etc behind the boards. Ive only heard select tracks from that, should we say "era", but they were all bangin. He told me himself he actually completed 3 perfectly finnished albums, some tracks were kept on to the next one, some were dropped etc. 1 of the CD's I have was the final verison of the "Untouchable" LP from 2002/03, that he was going to run with.

Despite my differences with Damon X aka Godbody, anything this guy says is the complete truth, he's certainly real, been there, done that kind of thing.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 05:17:15 PM by Que »

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2004, 06:22:44 PM »
so We"ll never hear that Crook In me song uh |

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2004, 07:16:20 PM »
Thats true, the album you have was the first and most prolly best one he recorded. The original "Untouchable" LP, from around 2000/01 that featured only a few acts, J Valentine was one and had Big Hutch, Jim Gettum etc behind the boards. Ive only heard select tracks from that, should we say "era", but they were all bangin. He told me himself he actually completed 3 perfectly finnished albums, some tracks were kept on to the next one, some were dropped etc. 1 of the CD's I have was the final verison of the "Untouchable" LP from 2002/03, that he was going to run with.

Despite my differences with Damon X aka Godbody, anything this guy says is the complete truth, he's certainly real, been there, done that kind of thing.

I'd like to thank ya'll for finally agreeing on something and seeing eye to eye on some very important information.  (not like Que and I haven't had our times.. obviously we've grown.)  Alot of us are dying to hear more about the inner workings at Deathrow whether an album actually drops or not.. this is GREAT INFO.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2004, 07:21:11 PM »
what up Que, thanks for showing me the boards and thanks for droppin that DB sample along with all this DR knowledge!  ;D

If you do decide to put out DB tracks here, I say Inseperable and I Cant Wait instrumental would be awesome! Still lookin forward to a Danny Boy album, peace Que.

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2004, 07:51:39 PM »
Thanks for all the info

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2004, 07:56:00 PM »
so how about a senditlink with crooked i albums?

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2004, 08:40:39 PM »
^^What he said ;D ;D  I truly appreciate all the info you've given us, shit, I've learned so much about Death Row in the past couple of days this thread has been going on.  If you could hook up some of those songs, it would be awesome, I'm sure I'm speaking for all of us when I wanna hear these tracks just because i'm a true fan of West Coast hip hop.  No one else would waste their time being on DubCC if they didn't care about the West Coast scene.  Thanks again man

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2004, 10:16:32 PM »
I truly appreciate all the info you've given us, shit, I've learned so much about Death Row in the past couple of days this thread has been going on

real spit!

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2004, 03:24:22 AM »
I truly appreciate all the info you've given us, shit, I've learned so much about Death Row in the past couple of days this thread has been going on.  If you could hook up some of those songs, it would be awesome, I'm sure I'm speaking for all of us when I wanna hear these tracks just because i'm a true fan of West Coast hip hop.  No one else would waste their time being on DubCC if they didn't care about the West Coast scene.  Thanks again man

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2004, 03:32:46 AM »
Can u PLEASE upload Crooked I's undies?

Good shit Nino, opening up ur vault of knowledge...

My boy keeping us entertained as usual...

as Ax said, good this post is relatively DamonX/MadUKBootlegger beef free lol

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2004, 07:50:09 AM »
It's cool, post up any questions, but like I said, I only know what I get told. Its good discussing that former powerhouse label.

Will we ever hear the Crooked I and Nate Dogg song? I dont know, but I believe if Daz has music, it will leak sooner or later. Just like he put out Crookz N Doggz and those unreleased DPG tracks over in Japan.

And I dont think anyone here knows more about the westcoast rap scene more than Axle. Your the one thats given the heads up here at Dubcc for a long time, even with having a family.

p.s. the "Leave us Alone" track that went on Crooked I's site was for promotional use only, that song wont be appearing on any album or single.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 07:52:22 AM by Que »

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2004, 07:55:14 AM »
do u think u could post a tracklist with featurings for untouchable?
and did u have the chance to listen to any albums in the works right now at death row?

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2004, 10:34:54 AM »

p.s. the "Leave us Alone" track that went on Crooked I's site was for promotional use only, that song wont be appearing on any album or single.

Yeah thats a good song-Some people were saying when it got took down off westcoastdynasty it was because either it was going to be on his album or Suge wanted him to take it off..I dont believe either-I think people read too much into things..Do you know if Crooked is planning on releasing another mixtape before he drops his album or anything?Hopefullly Daz releases the tracks hes got..I'd say he has some tight tracks..

Rudki

« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2004, 11:40:55 AM »
yea props to nino for the knowledge.....

and it would be nice to have some unreleased crooked shit untagged and all..... ;D

could you tell me if Tray Deee recorded an album under deathrow? cuz i think he was signed..
that album would be a classic if it was made