Author Topic: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....  (Read 16551 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Re: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2004, 04:49:28 PM »
What was that full track with him and Danny Boy like?

Danny Boy featuring Tupac Shakur produced by David Blake aka DJ Quik!

That says it all!

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
« Reply #196 on: July 24, 2004, 05:12:30 PM »
Man this is the best thread I've ever seen. Thanks for all the information Que, now I understand why Death Row doesn't release material on a consistent basis.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2004, 05:25:06 PM »
Man this is the best thread I've ever seen. Thanks for all the information Que, now I understand why Death Row doesn't release material on a consistent basis.

Good looking man, we all made some cool topics in here, thats true. Here's something I found out back in the day that I thought was cool:

Bloody Mary & RedRum from the Bangin on Wax vulumes were signed to Death Row as a group. Back in 96 when Dre left Death Row, Suge gave out several contracts to producers. One was DJ Ezcut, this guy has been around for years and worked with my friend DJ Slip back in the day on some projects, hes a radio DJ now, anyway, Ezcut was one of many producers over there, one of the projects he was involved with was. . .

The group album by Bloody Mary & RedRum. They were signed as a group to Death Row Records in 1997. Bloody Mary & RedRum were from the Bloods and Crips: Bangin On Wax volumes: http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/westcoastrydaz/pirulove_lyrics.htm

Thats another completed album locked in Mr Knights vaults.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2004, 07:08:27 PM »
thx for info Que

so many albums locked in the vault..... same we wont see 99 percent of them

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2004, 07:23:18 PM »
They recorded Makaveli in like 9 days or something. I can't believe some of ya'll didn't know.

Saracasm?

He says 3 day theory as the vocals for the album were supposedly done in 3 days, but the album was completed in 7 days... Either he titled it the 7 days theory himself once the album was completed, or Suge tweaked the name slightly for contraversy (you all know the 7 day bs)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2004, 07:48:26 PM »
Que: how the fuck  did you get all this information and shit ???

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2004, 07:56:20 PM »
They recorded Makaveli in like 9 days or something. I can't believe some of ya'll didn't know.

Saracasm?

He says 3 day theory as the vocals for the album were supposedly done in 3 days, but the album was completed in 7 days... Either he titled it the 7 days theory himself once the album was completed, or Suge tweaked the name slightly for contraversy (you all know the 7 day bs)

he said he the album was written, recorded, and produced in 3 days. but with the mixing & pressing - 7 days.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2004, 03:46:53 AM »
Que: how the fuck  did you get all this information and shit ???

Edit: Removed because this post "hurted Ninos fame"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 04:15:31 AM by Sven »
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

mauzip

« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2004, 04:42:16 AM »

Saracasm?

why do you feel offended? i didn't even mean you :-\

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #204 on: July 25, 2004, 06:23:52 AM »
its good 2 read all this dr stuff.by far 1 of the best threads.
its a fuckin shame that dbs album did not drop back then....

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2004, 06:25:31 AM »
It's cool thanks, the homie "Crooked_I" on this forum hooked it up. xover, basically they had a - very - short deadline to complete the material for the album. MOB & Kelly, something may pop up ;)
was that not pac at his best?? doin things real quick...

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2004, 07:42:27 AM »
que, can u post the tracklist for the crooked i albums u got?

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2004, 09:08:09 AM »
It's cool thanks, the homie "Crooked_I" on this forum hooked it up. xover, basically they had a - very - short deadline to complete the material for the album. MOB & Kelly, something may pop up ;)
was that not pac at his best?? doin things real quick...
I think you may be right-What I like about that album is the way he seems so focused

colecovizion

• Lil Geezy
  • "Makaveli... it's my dopest album ever" - Pac
« Reply #208 on: July 25, 2004, 07:27:07 PM »
Yeah, for the Makaveli album - 3 days for lyrics, and 7 days to mix + finish. 7 Day Theory is by far my favorite album of all time, so I try and grab info on it when I can. Here are a few things that I know. Que if you know any more stuff about it, or anyone else, it would be great to know! Sorry to turn this away from Crooked for a bit.... but it is more of a DR post

* Hail Mary was written (both beat and lyrics) and recorded in under 30 minutes. It was practically a freestyle on Pac's part.
* Pac contributed a lot to the beats on DK7, especially Bomb First, he did a lot of the piano himself
* DK7 was an album intended to be sold at swap meets, it was strictly for the hood according to Pac
* DK7 was considered by Pac to be his best album of all time
* Pac was humbled by his own lyrics on "Blasphemy" (from comments by the Outlawz)
* "Friends" was intended to be part of the track list, but got cut

Man it would be sweet to see video of him ripping up the mic on this album.
"How the fuck can a tight rap start with fo' shizzle? In his bird ass chest Crooked carves his initials" - Crooked I

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #209 on: July 25, 2004, 08:09:06 PM »
Yeah, for the Makaveli album - 3 days for lyrics, and 7 days to mix + finish. 7 Day Theory is by far my favorite album of all time, so I try and grab info on it when I can. Here are a few things that I know. Que if you know any more stuff about it, or anyone else, it would be great to know! Sorry to turn this away from Crooked for a bit.... but it is more of a DR post

* Hail Mary was written (both beat and lyrics) and recorded in under 30 minutes. It was practically a freestyle on Pac's part.
* Pac contributed a lot to the beats on DK7, especially Bomb First, he did a lot of the piano himself
* DK7 was an album intended to be sold at swap meets, it was strictly for the hood according to Pac
* DK7 was considered by Pac to be his best album of all time
* Pac was humbled by his own lyrics on "Blasphemy" (from comments by the Outlawz)
* "Friends" was intended to be part of the track list, but got cut

Man it would be sweet to see video of him ripping up the mic on this album.

yeah another example where deathrow took one of the best songs from a cd and put it on a soundtrack